Wiki Posts
Search

Losi SCTE Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Losi SCTE Build Thread

Well... Santa Clause came in March this year. I got home today from work and look what was on my doorstep. It pays to live in the same state as Horizon Hobby. Really excited about it as I have a Chitown Shootout this weekend.

I haven't been this giddy about a product release in a long time. A big factor in deciding to go with the SCTE for my venture into 4x4 short course was that the car is based on an 8th scale platform and I have been loving my ultralight weight 810e which is basically the same platform as the SCTE.

Here is is next to the 810e...

Of course, I have to perform major surgery as it is against my religion to drive a stock vehicle. Besides... it is also scientific fact that bling makes you faster.

I have the organ donor parts ready... CF towers, alum toe blocks, alum shock caps, and of course the Elite Mount and chassis.

So lets see pics of your new SCTEs...
Old 03-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Looks awesome.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Arggh, double post
Old 03-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Been wonderin what you were gonna do with that chassis you said was too long for the 810, LOL
I just ordered mine a couple hours ago along with upgrades as well. It's actually my Christmas present that has been long delayed as well
Old 03-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer
Been wonderin what you were gonna do with that chassis you said was too long for the 810, LOL
I just ordered mine a couple hours ago along with upgrades as well. It's actually my Christmas present that has been long delayed as well
My Elite Chassis plan was foiled. I forgot the drive shafts are a tad longer on the scte, so I would have to buy the 810/ten T drive shafts. Probably not going to bother getting the drive shafts in time for this weekends race so I am going to have to run the stock chassis. No big deal though.

One of the screw holes in my diff case was stripped. I hate pre built kits, but whatever. It is going to take me all tomorrow night to completely tear the car down and rebuild it.

Can't wait to get it on the track on Friday.