Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No love for the AE sc8?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? No love for the AE sc8?

I went to the lhs today to fondle some toys and I took a look at the associated sc8e. It looked pretty nice for the money, so when I got home and looked for some info for it on line I found very little ( most people seemed to like them.) So why isnt it more popular ?
Old 02-24-2011, 09:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

ya there are a few that still have them, but not so much for racing application just bashers really. Each one I have seen has way to much power for the track and is complete overkill IMO.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:17 PM
Tech Addict

The class just never took off.

I wish it did though. If it did I'd be all over it.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I LOVE mine. I bought the RTR model a while back and all I did was bought some ProLine Caliber M3 tires and some stock SC8 Wheels...... It is VERY track worthy now. Its a blast at the track and really likes to be slid sideways a lot.

I even had a buggy guy say to me "when you went by me i was like man, short course trucks aint supposed to pass 8th scale buggies!!"

Just go buy it. Its a blast and everyone that sees it wants one. I think its just price, timing, etc that made them not so popular.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by catrepair
I went to the lhs today to fondle some toys...
We are gonna get along great!

But i agree with above. With 1/10 SCT around people arent looking at spending a whole lot more money than what they have to. If you look around a bit you can probly get a whole basic setup used for like 200 bucks with nimh batteries and a charger.

For now, it is just an oddball in the rc world...
Old 02-24-2011, 09:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I went to the lhs today to fondle some toys and I took a look at the associated sc8e. It looked pretty nice for the money, so when I got home and looked for some info for it on line I found very little ( most people seemed to like them.) So why isnt it more popular ?
Yeah, it's unfortunate they never took off. I hear nothing but good things about the truck. It's pretty much been relegated to the bashing crowd.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:59 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by blade329
Yeah, it's unfortunate they never took off. I hear nothing but good things about the truck. It's pretty much been relegated to the bashing crowd.
i absolutely love mine, i run it in the 4wd mod SC class HAHAHAH.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

very nice SC8.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:45 PM
Tech Initiate

So getting parts wont be a problem ? I also looked at the rc8be, Im just not sure if I want to spend that much money(rc8be)
Old 02-25-2011, 05:44 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by BuggyKing
very nice SC8.
Thank you! i absolutely love this truck!

So getting parts wont be a problem ? I also looked at the rc8be, Im just not sure if I want to spend that much money(rc8be)
i dont think getting parts will be an issue, my LHS stocks most of the break parts, and can order anything else..

though, i honestly beat the PISS out of this thing at raceworld raceway for probably 10 packs or more, and only broken part was the front bumper..

the truck is tough, handles awesome, and has incredible power even on 4S.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FTSC10
Thank you! i absolutely love this truck!

i dont think getting parts will be an issue, my LHS stocks most of the break parts, and can order anything else..

though, i honestly beat the PISS out of this thing at raceworld raceway for probably 10 packs or more, and only broken part was the front bumper..

the truck is tough, handles awesome, and has incredible power even on 4S.
It's basically an RC8E/RC8TE 8th scale buggy/truggy with short course tires and bumpers and body. It's a tank.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

real shame it didn't take off. Wouldn't of minded these taking the place of truggies.

I think they pretty much didn't take off due to the price to get one going, and the whole 1/10 SCTs are pretty big themselves and for less for the 2wd models.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

couple of guys run them for fun at our track sometimes, they are pretty awesome to watch and look like they handle great.

And oh my god are they tough!

Zack
Old 02-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

The SC8 is badass!! As already stated it makes a great basher since it starts out with 1/8 scale toughness then adds a huge front and rear bumper and tops it off with a roll cage, this truck is seriously tough. On the other hand it makes a good race truck too. Its built off a race proven platform and can be made to handle the track quite well. The only problem is finding a class to run in. I have an SC8e and my track lets me run with 1/8 electric buggies.
Traxxas is really responsible for the SC explosion and obviously the slash is 1/10 scale. With the popularity of that class everyone else followed suit and the 1/8 SC never took off. Unfortunate for the SC8 since it really is a phenomenal truck. Fortunately parts availability for it will never be an issue since its based off the RC8B/T.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

ya it's a tough w/o a real race class... most places that even allow the thing to run stick it with the truggies.. and it's basically a moving obstacle, it can't even start to keep up on our track w/ any decent truggy driver. Fun truck though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.