Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Smoother Jumping for a slash?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tc5 man
boy, i dont know it does depend on what kind of offroad track you run on like if its rough and bumpy you dont wont to run "50" or "60" wt in the shocks for sure more like "35/30" with the stock shocks and it should jump fine.

if its a smooth track i ran 40/35 in a indoor track i ran 60/50 and it took to much roll off in the corners.

do you have to run yours as a box stock sc ?

i, never had my plastic caps pop off at all as long as you dont have to much pressure in the shocks your fine.

you, can lower the" rear body mounts" as low as you can that will defielty help handling and jumping rpm makes a front body mount were you can run it pretty low i have one i noticed the diffrence in a box stock class i ran.

oh yea put holes in the rear window of the slash that helps also because air can get sucked up the body.

slashs, arent the best jumpers anyways compared to other raceing sc trucks to be honest in stock mode compared to others i seen jump and handle.

i mean you can get the slash to handle good enough to be competive just needs tuning.
I agree that 30-35 is better in a well tuned race truck but the slash has the high center of gravity and is not the top of the line race SCT. The slash tends to slap the ground hard on jumps and traction roll in corners due to higher center of gravity. The 40-50 oil works good for this vehicle. I have since but a STRC LCG in my slash and will be lowering the oils now that I can handle the corners without rolling over. But for a stock truck 50 works pretty well.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by slackomatic
I agree that 30-35 is better in a well tuned race truck but the slash has the high center of gravity and is not the top of the line race SCT. The slash tends to slap the ground hard on jumps and traction roll in corners due to higher center of gravity. The 40-50 oil works good for this vehicle. I have since but a STRC LCG in my slash and will be lowering the oils now that I can handle the corners without rolling over. But for a stock truck 50 works pretty well.

it might sound weird but i never had a traction roll with the slash even with lighter shock oil believe it or not this is with the stock chassis.

but it does slap the ground hard on jumps on bigger jumps i thought it was the body the whole time.

i just dint like 50wt or 60wt it just seem to take to much roll into the turns out but its a drivers thing.