Wiki Posts
Search

ZX-5 FS2 dogbone issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default ZX-5 FS2 dogbone issue

Oh great hive of knowledge:

I have a new Kyosho ZX5 FS2 that I have put two 30 minute practice sessions on. I just noticed that when the left rear suspension arm is compressed the end of the dogbone bumps against the differential adjustment nut in the outdrive. This causes the suspension to bind at about mid-stroke. Any ideas of how to remedy this besides grinding off a bit of the end of the dogbone or the end of the differential nut? Am I missing something here, or did I build that part of the car wrong?

FWIW, the differential is properly adjusted so I don't think that is the issue.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Addict

what axles came with the FS2? 3 line or 2 line? (the end in the bearings) if its a 3 line and you have a blue spacer.. it needs to be on the outside hub (what the FS1 came with)
Old 01-29-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Rookie

I figured it out: I cracked a rear arm and the replacement I purchased was not the latest FS2 part, but an earlier part that is a couple mm shorter in length The shorter arm led to the dogbone rubbing. I need to find the actual FS2 part...which is backordered everywhere I look, even Kyosho America. D'oh!