Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Ten T SCTE or Durango DESC410R

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CORRRCR
If team durango races roar then isnt it a rule to have a rear bumper? I have never raced roar so i wouldnt know.
Yes you need to have bumpers. But guys lets not turn this into a ROAR debate (it's a threads black hole). I'm curious to see the Durango in action, bumper or not. My money says it has a bumper on release day.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
I don't let ROAR dictate what R/C's I build or own but others will.
I won't argue about running ROAR, just stating why others might show concern which you agree with me in your post as well. The 1410/1Y is ROAR legal and could power this truck w/MMP.
And thanks for offering your measurement as not many have been offered which goes closer to what Brandon posted about the chassis being extended only 31mm.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Yes you need to have bumpers. But guys lets not turn this into a ROAR debate (it's a threads black hole). I'm curious to see the Durango in action, bumper or not. My money says it has a bumper on release day.
Im not making a debate but if its a rule then the bumper will most likely be included with the kit
Old 01-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CORRRCR
Im not making a debate but if its a rule then the bumper will most likely be included with the kit
I don't think that it's a debate neither but is a way of understanding what will deter a consumer from buying a car who cares what the rules are, even if some of us don't.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

The Durango truck has had a bumper that is roar legal from day one. Nothing says it has to be huge like others. But it IS there. Though I personally would like a bit more protection for my body, it does have one.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Originally Posted by slaytanic
The Durango truck has had a bumper that is roar legal from day one. Nothing says it has to be huge like others. But it IS there. Though I personally would like a bit more protection for my body, it does have one.
Do u have a pic?
Old 01-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I was tying to find a picture. I have seen it too. They were pictures from the I hobby show.

It's a smaller bumper like what's left of an AE rear bumper on there FTeam drivers
Old 01-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Old 01-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Actually current ROAR rules for 4X4 have no mention on bumpers but you would be hard pressed to meet overall length without them. And that little flap will not do much as it gets nailed from behind.

The losi truck will be a force. I am sure the durango will handle well also. They have always made good cars. It is up to you guys to decided what is right for you.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

You mean the driver of the Losi didn't do very well.
No, I truly meant that the Losi didn't do very well. First impressions make me believe that it might be a bit outclassed by the Durango. Specifically I believe there is a significant weight difference between the two.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

From what I've seen and read, more weight is better in these cases. Makes em easier to drive, more "glued" to the track, more stable, and better corner speed. Better flight too. Even on 1/10 2wd, more weight helps a lot.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The Losi conversion is a big investment to get it on the track. I was worried that I spent a lot of money for nothing when I was done. First battery on the track confirmed it was all worth it. I can't wait to have a production version soon. Maybe I'm just a Losi guy, but I really believe that someone will have to step up bigtime to be in the same league as the Ten. Can not wait to see both production versions on the track.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Tech Rookie

That is not the actual rear bumper on the DESC410R, that flap seems to be just a little more protection on the diff. You can easily find pics if you just search DESC410R rear bumper, I dont currently have enough posts to post the picture.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linkless
No, I truly meant that the Losi didn't do very well. First impressions make me believe that it might be a bit outclassed by the Durango. Specifically I believe there is a significant weight difference between the two.

The fastest vehicles on nearly any track, is electric 8th scales. The closer the design is to an E 8th but still being within the class rules the higher the probability of it handling as such. It doesn't get any closer than this truck. The Durango doesn't really bring anything impressive to the table IMHO.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:19 PM
Tech Addict

I love y'all. Y'all are hilarious.

3 weeks ago some of these same people who have posted said they wouldn't get the Jammin or Hype because the Losi or Associated would be LIGHTER and that would make them handle better. Now we find out the Losi is QUITE a bit heavier, and all of a sudden it is the best thing for these trucks.

Lol, I love y'all people. Thanks for giving me a good laugh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.