Wiki Posts
Search

Murfdogg motor ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Murfdogg motor ??

Anyone running these in SCT? Currently run a Blitz with Novak Ballistic 17.5 and Novak GTB ese. My truck seems under powered. I have heard that the Murfdogg motor and Tekin RS ese are sweet.
1- Would like to know how they compare to NovaK Ballistic 17.5 power and duability wise.
2. How would the Murfdogg perform with GTB vs Tekin RS or Mamba MAx Pro?
Old 12-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

As for durability and longevity-it's all on how you take car of our motors. They will all last if you take care of them, watch your temps, gear correctly

As for how they compare to others?

Let's put it thus way- the murfdogg 17.5 is the fastest non boosted 17.5-so imagine how fast they are with a Tekin. I know the guys running at out local track with 17.5s are asked quite often what they are running, because they are doing things meant for mods only

Now-my 13.5 is pulling 6.5's down the straight. And tearing anything up in the infield.

If you need any help or setups, PM myself, rangerjkb, or the murfdogg and we would be happy to help!
Old 12-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Resqnu
Anyone running these in SCT? Currently run a Blitz with Novak Ballistic 17.5 and Novak GTB ese. My truck seems under powered. I have heard that the Murfdogg motor and Tekin RS ese are sweet.
1- Would like to know how they compare to NovaK Ballistic 17.5 power and duability wise.
2. How would the Murfdogg perform with GTB vs Tekin RS or Mamba MAx Pro?
the murfdoggs are good motors from wat i have seen, however i have seen a few blow up.

If you went with a tekin or a speed passion 2.1 speedo, it won't matter as much as to what motor you have, with advanced timing it should be ridiculously fast, ive seen the tekin with the novak ballistic motors fly!!

Just remember when you make this switch if you plan to run timing advance, you will need to re-gear!!!!!!
good luck!

Last edited by mini-t12; 12-15-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the info.

Dlewis4-
I like the sound of the power. Seems like most guys are using Tekins with the Murfdogg. How are they using a MMP? Reason I ask is I already have one of those I use for my B44.

Mini-t12-
I hope that is from too much timing and not regular usage. I will need help with the gearing.

My is, I run to RCs. I have a SCT and a B44. My current electronics I have are ESCs
2-Novak GTBs
1-MMP
Motors
Ballistic 17.5
Castle 4600
Novak 13.5

I am a newbie to RC racing and realize I need to run cleaner lines to help. I am running in a "stock" sct class (use the term stock loosely) and mod 4wd buggy class. I am a ways from finishing near the top in the sct class. I run the MMP and Castle 4600 in my B44 and GTB and Ballistic 17.5 in my SCT. Love the way my B44 runs currently, but I am getting my doors blown off with the sct. I mainly feel I need more punch for clearing jumps and the straights. Should I use some of the stuff I have for my truck and switch things around, buy a motor or esc, or my both Murfdogg 17.5 and Tekin RS for my sct?

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for your help
Old 12-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are these Trinity/Epic based motors??
Old 12-15-2010, 11:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE
Are these Trinity/Epic based motors??
No, they are Murfdogg's own design
Old 12-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mini-t12
the murfdoggs are good motors from wat i have seen, however i have seen way too many blow up.
Who do you know that runs murfdogg motors plus who has been blowing motors up lately?

Not sure where your getting your info Josh.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

All info is appreciated. I am in need of some advice asap as I am ready to order stuff or make a few changes if needed.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have read many good things about the Murfdogg motors being very fast. I picked up a lightly used one for a great price and hope to run it for the first time this weekend. If it performs as Ive heard I will be absolutly stoked and probably buy many more. If not Ill chalk it up to being used and buy a new one before passing judgement.

Im a big fan of smaller independent motor manufactures. I use to run Race Prep motors back in the day and cleaned house in stock class and none of the Trinity powered guys could understand it lol!
Old 12-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Resqnu
All info is appreciated. I am in need of some advice asap as I am ready to order stuff or make a few changes if needed.
Resqnu - Murfdogg motors are very good motors from top to bottom, we have tested these motors like crazy and have put them to the test on purpose.

Since Murfdogg released these motors I have only seen maybe a hadfull of production motors have any issues that were not the buys fault plus if there is any issues you can talk directly to the owner Matt and he will help you with set up and repair.

Murfdogg motors run very well with the Tekin line of motors and if you get one with a Murfdogg motor Matt will help you with gearing and Speed control settings not a problem. The also run well with LRP, Novak , Mamba but every ESC is different so just make sure you pull the car off the track and temp the motor every 2 minutes to make sure you dont fry it.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default Murfdogg Motor Works

Resqnu
1. Many racers are using Murfdogg Motors in SCT, with great success due to their overall performance. Running an ESC with any stock motor to provide advance timing would help provide better prerformance. A Murfdogg Motor with a Tekin ESC does provide an abundant amount of usable power and is what I personally chose, after testing several top ESC's and Motors earlier this season. You would definitely not be dissapointed in this combo and the owner Matt Murphy, stands behind each motor, providing outstanding costomer care.
2. Electronics should last if properly maintained and not abused, regardless of brand. The Murfdogg Motors are strong and very durable.
3. Non-boosted, these motors perform exceptionaly well, if not better than all the other brands. I'd recommend visiting the Murfdogg RCTech thread and reading real user feedback and www.murfdogg.com . Also, I've seen a few guys posting there that may be able to give you some info on using motors with Mamba and Novak ESC's.
Hope this assist you in future decisions and gets you back on the track enjoying RC!
Old 12-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Reedy26
I have read many good things about the Murfdogg motors being very fast. I picked up a lightly used one for a great price and hope to run it for the first time this weekend. If it performs as Ive heard I will be absolutly stoked and probably buy many more. If not Ill chalk it up to being used and buy a new one before passing judgement.

Im a big fan of smaller independent motor manufactures. I use to run Race Prep motors back in the day and cleaned house in stock class and none of the Trinity powered guys could understand it lol!
Reedy26,
Man, I remember those motors and ran a few myself back in the day...oh, what memories! If you need any assistance with ESC setups for that motor, please ask any of the team drivers as they're all very helpfull.
Take care,
Old 12-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

In all fairness the ones i saw blow up i believe where geared wrong, however i kno that they are very fast, and the point i was making, any type of boost speedo with almost any motor will be fast. I know a few of the guys that run mrfs at a local track are ridiculously fast!
...........................they are good motors!
Old 12-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Champion

I race a SC10 with a Murfdogg 17.5. The series I race in and my home track booth have a zero boost rule. Regardless of speed controls timing it's all about the motor and battery. I run around 7.5 to 7.8 FDR with a 60c pack. I have TQ'd and won two of the last three rounds in the ECT (Electric Championship Tour) series. What I have noticed is that I seem to have more torque and acceleration than the other racers. Top end is matched if not a little more at times than the competition too. I have run for a few other motor companies in the past and I am fare more please with the Murfdogg motor's.

Murfdogg Motor's Race one or Chase one!
Old 12-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by What up?
Who do you know that runs murfdogg motors plus who has been blowing motors up lately?

Not sure where your getting your info Josh.
I Was wrong, the motors that did blow up were the test motors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.