Search

hobby-smart/ ebay bearings.... anyone bought

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 11:50 PM
BOG
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default hobby-smart/ ebay bearings.... anyone bought

I have been lookin for cheap bearings for by e buggy and e truggy to rebuild them over winter, i do not need ceramic bearing at 90 bux a set, so i came across these

http://cgi.ebay.com/100pcs-8-x-16-x-...item3a61451a84

and they have sets just for 14 of the 8x16x5 and the larger ones i need but i figured i would just get 100 but i was wondering if anyone had any experiance with them...

thanx in advance
Old 12-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Im not to sure on those bearings. I use all Avid Bearings.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:10 AM
BOG
Tech Master

thanx guy.... those look good and the rubber seems very affordable!!!! I hate buyin ebay stuff, thanx for the alternative!!
Old 12-11-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

amain has protek bearings, cheapest that i can find, been running them for about a year now, good product. WOW, that is cheap, I would ask seller for rpm and life expectancy before purchasing though.....almost too cheap

Last edited by brickshouse; 12-11-2010 at 07:23 AM. Reason: i clicked link.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I don't know. I usually use bearings from Boca or Answer-RC
Old 12-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

What part of "Hobby Smart/Ebay" bearings makes you think they are good?

Avid sells bearings for $1 a piece... and Boca has bearings for .99 a piece... get some name brand ones....
Old 12-11-2010, 10:16 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
What part of "Hobby Smart/Ebay" bearings makes you think they are good?

Avid sells bearings for $1 a piece... and Boca has bearings for .99 a piece... get some name brand ones....
X2

While ceramics might be over the top for those on a budget, 30-cent bearings don't seem the way to go either, and if you can't afford $1 bearings you might need a cheaper hobby.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:20 PM
BOG
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chunkyb
X2

While ceramics might be over the top for those on a budget, 30-cent bearings don't seem the way to go either, and if you can't afford $1 bearings you might need a cheaper hobby.

wow chunkyb you are just a d bag.... about the cheaper hobby comment, if you took the time to read the entire post i commented that i liked the avid route, no on said 1 buck a bearing is out of my price range, even ceramics are in my budget but i think 90 bucks is a waste of my money unless im a pro and plan on racing on a pro level.

so thunder chunk keep you irrelevant comments to you bag of cheetos and bucket of ice cream
Old 12-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOG
wow chunkyb you are just a d bag.... about the cheaper hobby comment, if you took the time to read the entire post i commented that i liked the avid route, no on said 1 buck a bearing is out of my price range, even ceramics are in my budget but i think 90 bucks is a waste of my money unless im a pro and plan on racing on a pro level.

so thunder chunk keep you irrelevant comments to you bag of cheetos and bucket of ice cream
That was not cool for him to mention that.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:08 PM
BOG
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BuggyKing
That was not cool for him to mention that.
for me or him???? If i couldn;t afford to run an e buggy and e truggy i would run a 2wd short course truck which i have two of...
Old 12-12-2010, 05:50 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by BOG

Calm down kid, you are the one that picked out the cheapest bearings you could find. How good do you think they are?
Nobody said you had to run ceramics, but if you are running an upper echelon class don't embarass yourself by seaching for the cheapest bearings available. All I said was there are plenty of options in between.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I've used protek, answer and the E-Bay bearings. They're the same in my mind. I like the ebay bearings for the cost. If they go bad I just throw another one in there, wich isn't more often than with answer or protek.

VXB bearings is a seller on ebay, he also has a website. I get an email for sale stuff, and at times if you buy $20 worth of bearings he gives you a free caliper.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:29 PM
BOG
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chunkyb
Calm down kid, you are the one that picked out the cheapest bearings you could find. How good do you think they are?
Nobody said you had to run ceramics, but if you are running an upper echelon class don't embarass yourself by seaching for the cheapest bearings available. All I said was there are plenty of options in between.
I bet you are one of those passive aggressive d bags on the drivers stand too, I am certainly no kid and you are minimizing your comment, how do you get

"All I said was there are plenty of options in between"

from

"While ceramics might be over the top for those on a budget, 30-cent bearings don't seem the way to go either, and if you can't afford $1 bearings you might need a cheaper hobby. "

You need to start using your left brain (reality based) as well as your right (fantasy based), though i am not sure if you are able to do that

And sending me a pm
"Grow up - and quit being such a whining, baby, cheapass, punk. Go back to playing with your Barbies."

Just proves that you are juvenile!! Please don't show you depression on the forum it can be contagious

Good luck to you, you appear to have be a miserable life and be a miserable person. I do kind feel bad for you
Old 12-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Everyone says don't buy the Ebay bearings, but how do you know they aren't exactly the same as bearings you'd buy from Avid or Boca or any other name brand for more money?

This is not a rhetorical question, I'm seriously wondering if anyone knows. Seems very possible that the "name brand" companies are just buying in bulk from China and marking up the prices?

A majority of the time it's true you get what you pay for, but there are plenty of exceptions to that too. More expensive doesn't always guarantee they are better (or any different at all).
Old 12-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

you know? i am not quite sure i understand?
if someone is looking for an "inexpensive alternative"
to something that is marked up 400% then someone comes in and says well if you cant afford this or that and then rag on them...???
not sure why people do this?? doesnt make sence?
ok so they are "Dumb Enough" to just spend there money without thinking about it? ok fine but why make fun or cap on someone looking for something for less....????
myself? i have money ....but i am cheap !! ...LOL if i can find something for 20.00 why spend 50.00?
pretty much that would be considered a smart shopper.

but back on the bearings
there are a few places where you can buy "Wholesale" where these bearing places buy from......
like ceramic ones for under a dollar,and the blue seal ones for around .15 cents......
there is one place that for "Example" sells the entire bearing kits for the losi 8 buggy and truggy for 20.00

and BOG i wouldnt bother with the like of people like that?
always remember people like that are all about
"misery loves Company"
BOG send me a PM i'll send you a link to a place you may want to check out