Wiki Posts
Search

Nexx8 vs Hyper9e vs losi 8ight 2.0e

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BuggyKing
Losi is the way to go with these 3 options. IMO the Hyper 9 is to twitch with its real short WB. I don't know the handling characterisctics of Nexx. Handling wise Losi is the way to go.
now losi will be the strongest as well but he'll need to invest into some upgrades if he buys one.I love my losi's but my hyper drives on rails.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nexx8 is a killer rig. Ive been running one for the last few weeks, and have logged over 6 hours of runtime on the car, indoors on a HARD pack clay track, and about 30 minutes of time on a large outdoor track. I have only replaced parts when needed. I have replaced stock parts with: A heavy duty front shock tower, Aluminum front upper and front lower arm holder, and the option chassis. I would have rather paid more for a car that had those parts out of the box, but adding them didnt hurt too bad, considering the car was less than $300.

The Nexx is balanced very nicely. For the money, IMO its currently one of the best buy's on the market. I like it so much, Im getting all the parts together to build a "pro kit" version.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bazthecarman
Do You like the hyper more than the rc8e?
yes i'm so happy i switched.The car is very simple and very easy to work on.The car steers better and flys better in my opinion.And so far has been very forgiving for what i put it throughAlso the cvds are solid not like losi or associated.The cvd's don't wollow out.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

on my losi i replaced the wheel hub bearing too freuently,cvd's wollowed out too quickly with all the settings on low.and the steering got sloppy quick.BUT it will be the strongest car u will ever own,just needs more maintenance than others,ALOT.but as long as you maitain it,it is an awesome ride.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)

Get a ve8 by hot bodies
Old 11-28-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58
Get a ve8 by hot bodies
these are really nice cars.I should be buying one soon.This in my opinion would probably be the better choice of the 3,it has a cheap price tag,tons of upgrades already and happens to be the best handling e-buggy to date right now.Also the fact being it's 259.99 at stormerhobbies.it can also use mechanical brakes.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Is the nexx 8 durable? Its arms loom real thin. Doesn't look to durable. WhT are te facts on its durability?
Old 11-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58
Get a ve8 by hot bodies
Yes that to is a good car to run. All you really need is the aluminum skids.
And maybe long travel rear shocks.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've been racing a Nexx8 for about a month now and am glad to say that I haven't "broken" any parts yet. I was a little worried because it seemed to be such a low cost buggy. I was mainly influenced to buy it because of the battery pack layout. The stock tire inserts are total junk, pick up some AKA units. The tires are basically knock-off proline calibers. The stock shock towers bend if they take hard enough of a hit, but they bend back without too much effort. For the price, It's hard to beat. Many of the Jammin parts can be used to upgrade, such as shock towers and hinge pins.