Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyper 10SC Bump Edition 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 12:12 AM
Tech Addict

Default Hyper 10SC Bump Edition 2.0

Been thinking of joining the 4x4 Short Course craze (from 2WD Short Course) as here it seems that is ALL that everyone has, with on a slow day there being 10 showing up. Anyway I was looking at all the 4x4 Chassis/Kits, more specifically the Ofna and the Jammin Short Course trucks.

Anyway while surfing over at Nitro House this was stumbled upon: http://www.nitrohouse.com/p22907/Hyp...duct_info.html

Bump Edition 2.0 of the Ofna Hyper 10SC. Now the thing is I haven't seen this mentioned ANYWHERE. I don't see it mentioned anywhere on Ofnas website either. Found nothing on RCShortCourse either.

From the looks of it, I love it and it looks like the way I want to enter the 4X4 Short Course scene. Does anyone here know anything on it at all? Is this new? Old? Crappy? What?

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light to me on this. Open for discussion on this.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Looks sexy..
Old 11-19-2010, 12:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default nice

Originally Posted by twigman08
Been thinking of joining the 4x4 Short Course craze (from 2WD Short Course) as here it seems that is ALL that everyone has, with on a slow day there being 10 showing up. Anyway I was looking at all the 4x4 Chassis/Kits, more specifically the Ofna and the Jammin Short Course trucks.

Anyway while surfing over at Nitro House this was stumbled upon: http://www.nitrohouse.com/p22907/Hyp...duct_info.html

Bump Edition 2.0 of the Ofna Hyper 10SC. Now the thing is I haven't seen this mentioned ANYWHERE. I don't see it mentioned anywhere on Ofnas website either. Found nothing on RCShortCourse either.

From the looks of it, I love it and it looks like the way I want to enter the 4X4 Short Course scene. Does anyone here know anything on it at all? Is this new? Old? Crappy? What?

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light to me on this. Open for discussion on this.
i like it..looks really nice.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Its put together by NitroHouse. It has a lot of the nice upgrades that most people buy any way.

"NitroHouse sells the Tim Bump modified Hyper 10SC 2.0 kit that includes a CNC lightweight chassis that allows racers to move the battery box from Zero, 8mm, 36mm and 46mm back for more rear traction if needed and to adjust jumping attitude. Also includes new hard anodized shock bodies, hard anodized shock towers, new 2-hole and 3-hole shock pistions, and white spring set. "
Old 11-19-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

It is a new revision and has been out about a week now , Tim Bump is the owner of Nitro House and races for Ofna .

The 2.0 has a few good upgrades (lightweight chassis , delrin spur gear , and the new a arms , 54mm ackerman bar) I would have stayed with the steel spur though cause its much more reliable than the Delrin (though very loud) IMO .

The Hyper 10SC is a great racer and runs like a 1/8 buggy when you get it dialed in . I dont regret getting mine .
Old 11-19-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
It is a new revision and has been out about a week now , Tim Bump is the owner of Nitro House and races for Ofna .

The 2.0 has a few good upgrades (lightweight chassis , delrin spur gear , and the new a arms , 54mm ackerman bar) I would have stayed with the steel spur though cause its much more reliable than the Delrin (though very loud) IMO .

The Hyper 10SC is a great racer and runs like a 1/8 buggy when you get it dialed in . I dont regret getting mine .
Actually the Delrin spur included with the Bump edition is now our version 2 machine delrin spur, it's got a lot more material all around the teeth and I have not receive a single reliability failure feedback from any customers on the version 2 spur. It's a bit quieter than steel, but the biggest advantage is the weight/rotating mass saving. Stock steel is 18 grams, and our Delrin is about 9 grams Which means your truck accelerate faster and slows down quicker too when you apply the breaks

Steve
Old 11-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks everyone. Just found it weird that I didn't even see a thread on it here (unless I'm blind) or RCShortCourse. These two places seem to have a thread on just about anything released like this.

Thanks again. Right now seems to be on top of my list.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

And yet it still comes with dogbones in the rear, instead of the same CV joints as the front.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I like the noise mine makes with the all metal spur/pinion.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVroom
Old 11-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

How's the lightened chassis? How thick? Not much info on it..I've already "pimped" mine with most of the hop ups, I wish the 2.0 was available when I bought mine..
Old 11-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Adept

Hmmm...nice improvements to an existing product. I will have to take a close look at this next spring if AE still does not step up with a 4x4 SCT.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I actually saw this last week at the OFNA office and didn't even realize it. I was down in the area for a business trip and took the time to meet the OFNA/Nitrohouse crew. Great group of guys. I thought Tim was just working on his existing car and not a 2.0 version. Very sneaky Tim!

I don't know if the 2.0 Bump edition is with the new CNC machined chassis or the old one. By new, I mean I had the chance to buy the 2nd one made *ever* of the new design. Tim had just got done making it. I didn't want to feel guilty and snag it ahead of you all just because I was there. It's still very beefy but much lighter than the current machined chassis.

What Steve says about the delrin spur is spot on. It's slightly wider than the previous STRC delrin spurs and appears to be a more substantial unit. I don't foresee anyone shattering this version anytime soon.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Is the chassis a thicker one or is it the stock chassis milled to make it lighter..?
Old 11-21-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drusillus
I like the noise mine makes with the all metal spur/pinion.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVroom
I like it too! Only mine sounds more like..

WHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Old 11-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Mine showed up today. I can't wait to get this thing running.

Some pics. I have the nerf bars, roll bar, and battery tray removed in the pics.

Shock bodies

Rear shock tower

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.