OK to go or should I have waited?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OK to go or should I have waited?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Regular

Default OK to go or should I have waited?

At a race recently I was going down the long straight just barely behind another car. He got a little to far to the side in the loose stuff, got sideways and came across the track right in front of me. I t-boned him and sent him flying but I was able to continue. Any reason I should have stopped and waited in this instance?
Old 11-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Nope
Old 11-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I agree, you didn't intentionally do anything to crash him. He was the one who lost control and caused the collision.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

No you're good,now if you had nudged him...well...
Old 11-17-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the replies. What about a situation where you are right behind someone and they bobble enough that you will be able to make it by, but while passing you accidentally give them a little nudge that makes their bobble worse than it should have been. What should be done in this case?
Old 11-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

#1 case: No, that's racing and most of all it wasn't intentional. Unfortunately it does happen and all we can do is offer an appology, sometimes people get way too serious about racing RC cars and look to blame someone for their unfortunate misshaps.
#2 case: Personally I would squeze in and attempt a pass if possible, but wouldn't want to cause someone to wreck, usually due to it will cause your own wrecking and spending alot of time being marshalled. If I can't get a clean pass, I try to follow closely to take advantage of when the door opens.

Hope this assists you in your future racing situations.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

That's racing bro. He opened the door, and pretty much shut it on himself. Keep on rolling. He will catch back up if hes driving better, It all evens out.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Think of it as if you where on the road. These a high schooler with a vette in the rain. Do you try too pass him or wait too see where the car heads?
Old 11-17-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

What about a situation where you are right behind someone and they bobble enough that you will be able to make it by, but while passing you accidentally give them a little nudge that makes their bobble worse than it should have been. What should be done in this case?
If you cause the wreck, the proper thing to do is give him the position back...but thats only if you want to do the proper thing
Old 11-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer53
If you cause the wreck, the proper thing to do is give him the position back...but thats only if you want to do the proper thing
and not be that 1 @$$hole that every track has...
Old 11-17-2010, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Bumps happen, if it wasn't your fault then why wait?

Last Friday we didn't have enough guys in SC to run 2wd and 4wd as separate classes, so we ran together. I don't mind racing with the 4wd's, I keep out of the way when I can. The 4wd's are much faster, by a few laps so getting lapped will happen. However, I found a few of the 4wd guys would get impatient and instead of waiting for me to get out of the way, they would just plow through the 2wd's. If I am lining up for the triple and need speed to clear it, don't bump me before. Let me keep my speed up so I can clear the jump then I will pull off so they can pass. This happened a few times, not only to me but a few of the other 2wd guys. We raced on a small track so passing can only be done in a few places without tangling up or bumping. It's frustrating when you are trying to have your own battle and you get punted.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

and not be that 1 @$$hole that every track has...
lol...so true
Old 11-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

nope, not at all. it wasn't your fault
Old 11-17-2010, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JMYBFFT
At a race recently I was going down the long straight just barely behind another car. He got a little to far to the side in the loose stuff, got sideways and came across the track right in front of me. I t-boned him and sent him flying but I was able to continue. Any reason I should have stopped and waited in this instance?
Nope, Hammer down
Originally Posted by JMYBFFT
Thanks for the replies. What about a situation where you are right behind someone and they bobble enough that you will be able to make it by, but while passing you accidentally give them a little nudge that makes their bobble worse than it should have been. What should be done in this case?
If you don't start thier "bobble" then it's not your problem really, they opened the door and should give up the line. If a guy bobbles I'm gonna go for the pass (as clean as possible) his mistake opened the door, he can't expect to try and close it and not have you fight for it..IMO
Old 11-18-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks guys. From your responses it seems as though I am pretty much on the right track.

A couple more situations. Let's say you are the guy in the lead and you wreck/bobble and take out the guy right behind you and the marshall uprights you first. Do you go ahead and go or should you give up the position or is this a varies based on the specific circumstances?

Second situation. You are marshalling and car A causes himself and car B to crash. The way they end up it would be easier for you to fix car A (the cause of the accident) first and then car B who wrecked through no fault of his own. Do you fix the cars the most convenient way for you and expect the drivers to sort it out or do you take the time to get car B going first?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.