Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Ultima Body Options?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

Wink Kyosho Ultima Body Options?

I'm getting this Ultima Type R St truck as a project, and it needs a body. Anyone ever played with this truck, or mounted another brand other than Kysoho's body on one?
Old 06-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Lightbulb

since the ultima st truck is still a stadium truck just like the rc10 or rs4 mt, then the bods should fit on it. the mounting holes may be different though. go to prolineracing.com or hpiracing.com and check out some of their stadium truck bodies. one trick i use is when you are ready to drill the body holes, get a fat sharpie marker and color the tips of the body posts. then when you place the body on the truck, the ink will transfer from the body posts to the body itself. but you have to do this quickly! i have used this method on other bodies of mine. but if you have a black paint on the inside of the body, use white-out/liquid paper to put on the body posts and do the same process. this is quite easy
Old 06-28-2004, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

I have no troubles mounting bodies, I was just fishing for options as to what bodies fit best. Thanks for the info though!
Old 06-28-2004, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

they should all fit fine. i am not sure if the ultima st has those shocks that jut up into the body or not. but if you want an aerodynamic body(which i dont think will make a difference for offroad) go for the proline crowd pleazer(and thats how proline spells it) body.
also if you want some cool graphics go to prolineracing.com and look at the flipside graphics, quite cool.