Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Why faster lap times driving my SC10 17.5 than my SC10 3300kv??? >

Why faster lap times driving my SC10 17.5 than my SC10 3300kv???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why faster lap times driving my SC10 17.5 than my SC10 3300kv???

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BestNThDez
Makes sense. I just finished putting my Tekin motor and ESC in (had them ordered from the first post of this thread. Haven't run them yet, cuz the cord that goes from the ESC to the receiver won't fit into my airtronics receiver. The plug has a small vertical rib on the outside of the plug, which prevents the plug from going into the receiver. It looks like it would fit if the rib were to be ground down. Have any of you ever heard of this. Sucks that I found this out at the very end, the very last plug I went to plug in, after everything was all soldered. What do you know about this?
No biggie, cut the tab off with an exacto knife..It's all good everyone does
it....
Old 09-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Chuck. I had several people tell me to cut/gring the tab off, which I did. Everything is working great with the new Tekin setup so far (out on the street only). Had a bit of learning curve calibrating the ESC. I initially set it at about level 5 out of 15 for brake power, which basically had no braking on the vehicle when running. Long story short, found out that level 13 was hard braking; ended up at level 8 with the brake EPA at about 90%. Can't wait until tomorrow's race to run in the mod class. I'll let you know.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Chuck. I had several people tell me to cut/gring the tab off, which I did. Everything is working great with the new Tekin setup so far (out on the street only). Had a bit of learning curve calibrating the ESC. I initially set it at about level 5 out of 15 for brake power, which basically had no braking on the vehicle when running. Long story short, found out that level 13 was hard braking; ended up at level 8 with the brake EPA at about 90%. Can't wait until tomorrow's race to run in the mod class. I'll let you know.

Good luck at 702 tonight, I wish I was there but I gota wait 14 more days
not that I'm counting LOL"

BTW: I run a Tekin RS & 17.5 at 702 I always bring my lap top to the
track because I like to tune to the changing track conditions..

Once again good luck tonight"
Old 09-17-2010, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

alot of it depends on gearing and the type of track. High traction vs low traction, tight and technical vs long and fast. On the indoor track at proving grounds i run my 17.5 in stock and mod sc and can beat most mod trucks just because they cant get the power to the ground and the larger mod motors take a little bit longer to et up to power where the 17.5 has alot more torque and is more controllable. Im about 1.5 seconds a lap faster with 17.5 indoors than i am outdoors.

ON the outdoor track at the proving grounds i just dont have enough power to run the 17.5 in mod class. The long straight aways they pull me everytime and walk away, on the inner part of the track taht is pretty tight and lots of corners i gain all my time right back up but not enough to pass them then in the long straights they pull away again.

And if you have had that motor up to 225* you need to get a new motor. There are several people at our track that run the ready to run brushless stuff and its very fast, more than capable of running with anything else out there.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:15 AM
Tech Adept

Well, the new Tekin motor and ESC worked very well tonight at the track. I'm just trying to get everything dialed in still. What a difference in power from the 3300kv. I can jump stuff now, but now I need to learn how to drive it efficiently. I'm still running faster laps with my 17.5, but now that is becasue I can't drive the 9.5 yet, not because of lack of power like the 3300kv. I just need to find the "sweet" spot for my settings on the ESC, controller, and learn how to drive better. It was fun tonight.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:18 AM
Tech Addict

Regardless of what motor you're running, you've improved A LOT in a very short time...Good job man!
Old 09-18-2010, 12:21 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Gato! Now shouldn't you be in bed, or are you cleaning the buggy and getting it ready for bed?
Old 09-18-2010, 12:26 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks Gato! Now shouldn't you be in bed, or are you cleaning the buggy and getting it ready for bed?
I should be in bed, but I get a bit fired up after a night of racing....The buggy is sleeping on a soft velvet pillow.......
Old 09-18-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

I'm glad everything is working out for you.... ENJOY"
Old 09-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I raced touring cars for about 10 years..took about a 6 year break, and now I am racing off road. The first time on a off road track last week was very fun! Man it is a lot harder then it looks!
Old 09-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Tech Adept

Oh ya, it's way fun. I race off-road dirt bike races and it's pretty amazing the similar adrenalin rush and nerves I get before and during an RC race.