Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proper camber adjusting

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Adept

Default Proper camber adjusting

Hello. I was always wondering how to set a correct camber because mainly on front there is like 3.5 deg free travel of camber. To this moment I was trying to set middle free travel to the deg I wanted. But today I heard an opinion that it should be adjusted at maximum free travels (the most positive camber) So I would like to see some other opinions. Problem is that if I set -1.5 deg on max positive free travel camber, outside wheel will propably have it under load but the inside wheel will have -5 but its not under much load. Thanks
Old 09-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

You should set your camber at the ride height you will be running after adjusting toe . Make sure to have your battery in the car when adjusting .
Old 09-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
You should set your camber at the ride height you will be running after adjusting toe . Make sure to have your battery in the car when adjusting .
He's talking about the natural play in the camber links and the fact that this play alters the camber setting when under load, I think. I don't really have an answer other than just like above.

Last edited by racer1812; 09-11-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by racer1812
This doesn't really answers his question. He's talking about the natural play in the camber links and the fact that this play alters the camber setting when under load. I don't really have an answer other than just like above.
Yea. I know in what conditions car have to be to measure it but I dont know if -1.5 front camber of those setups on web is mid or max free travel value.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I will Be At the Ride Hight Set. Push The Car Down And Let The Suspension Come BAck Up Then Measure
Old 09-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RDOUBLEDAY
I will Be At the Ride Hight Set. Push The Car Down And Let The Suspension Come BAck Up Then Measure
+1 all settings are based on the car being in a static state, meaning it's just sitting there with no load of any kind. All set-ups you find will be based on this. It's just the way it's done.....you can only remove so much play in a car this size, fresh parts are the key to a good set-up..
Old 09-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
+1 all settings are based on the car being in a static state, meaning it's just sitting there with no load of any kind. All set-ups you find will be based on this. It's just the way it's done.....you can only remove so much play in a car this size, fresh parts are the key to a good set-up..
What I said yet you claim I didn`t answer the question .

Old 09-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

What I said yet you claim I didn`t answer the question .
You're right I edited my post......
Old 09-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Tech Adept

If you put your car your cambers will be always different because of free travels. Their camber measurements were done with cars that had maybe 1 degree free travel. But mine have 3.5 so the question is if I should adjust camber max positive free travel to -1.5 or middle free travel to -1.5

Last edited by L@gger; 09-12-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Tech Adept

I try to explain it little different. Those setup sheets of famous racers on internet are probably of cars with low free travels(tolerances). But we race more than 1 race with our cars so our free travels are raising. Mine front camber free travel is like 3.5 degree so its important to know if to adjust camber in middle or max positive camber travel. Example: recommended -1.5. Mine is -1.5 degrees in middle travel so max positive is +0.25 degrees and max negative is -3.25 degrees if i adjust it at middle of free travel. If you put your car cambers will be always different depends on how it fell.