Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

TAMIYA TRF502X Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Well had a big race this weekend sigp down in Tucson az, was fun got some great testing & practice running with the big dog. The ryan & ryan show was great to watch for sure!
Old 10-20-2013, 09:26 PM
Tech Addict

oh ended the day in 14th out of 25 broke in the b main.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

anyone try the new gear diffs from tb04pro?
Old 10-21-2013, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kakenballs
oh ended the day in 14th out of 25 broke in the b main.
if you don't mind what broke ?
Old 10-21-2013, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rkhess
anyone try the new gear diffs from tb04pro?
They don't fit. They are too wide.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

if you don't mind what broke ?
Here's a shot of the track http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...21368779_n.jpg (I broke a rear ball stud & a shock eyelet cased the jumped after the sweeper around the 5 in a half mark.) It was great racing with Ryan May, Ryan Cav, Billy Fisher, Kinward, Tanner, Casey, Lots of really fast guys! The team guys did get great Mac Mitchell got 9th, Brad Krads got 13th so I was happy with my 14th place.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sickboy
well looks like Im committed to my DB01R+ version
Old 10-22-2013, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Here's a shot of the track http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...21368779_n.jpg (I broke a rear ball stud & a shock eyelet cased the jumped after the sweeper around the 5 in a half mark.) It was great racing with Ryan May, Ryan Cav, Billy Fisher, Kinward, Tanner, Casey, Lots of really fast guys! The team guys did get great Mac Mitchell got 9th, Brad Krads got 13th so I was happy with my 14th place.
man that sux but sounds like a good run still .....not trying to beat a dead horse hex head steel or alum ball stud ? i broke a stock one on my 201 c hub the ball and nut peice both broke off all i had left in the c hub was threads i couldn't get too, i was out a stud plus c hub LOL after that i switched to the hex studs in all my TRF rides they seem stronger? plus i ream small hole in tamiya ball cups so i dont ever have to pop them off when wrenching or tuning... they seem to last longer LOL thanks for the reply!!!
Old 10-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Tech Addict

man that sux but sounds like a good run still .....not trying to beat a dead horse hex head steel or alum ball stud ? i broke a stock one on my 201 c hub the ball and nut peice both broke off all i had left in the c hub was threads i couldn't get too, i was out a stud plus c hub LOL after that i switched to the hex studs in all my TRF rides they seem stronger? plus i ream small hole in tamiya ball cups so i dont ever have to pop them off when wrenching or tuning... they seem to last longer LOL thanks for the reply!!!
They were the steel hex heads which are the strongest stock ones around, but after talking with Mac & Brad they said they had been using the 2 piece ball stud method. Which they used a counter washer counter ti screw & the ball stud. After changing all of them, I found 1 more that was cracked which after learning that I was so glad I change them all to the 2 piece design plus the counter washer adds more bling to the car..... lol
Old 10-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

They were the steel hex heads which are the strongest stock ones around, but after talking with Mac & Brad they said they had been using the 2 piece ball stud method. Which they used a counter washer counter ti screw & the ball stud. After changing all of them, I found 1 more that was cracked which after learning that I was so glad I change them all to the 2 piece design plus the counter washer adds more bling to the car..... lol
Wow, thanks for this tip! I was getting tired of throwing out good parts with the screw shaft being unobtainable (alot of parts = $$$'s). I'll try this on my other TRF machines also, thanks again.

I'm a blue crack addict lol
Old 11-08-2013, 01:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by sickboy
Is there any way to fit these gear diffs into the 502x? Something like the kyosho Ultima SC gear diff in the TRF201XR (only some dremel in the gearbox to fit the kyosho gear diff -and man, what a change!-).
I know the durango gear diffs mod but I prefer another option.

best regards
Old 11-15-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

Guys

Where can I find a good setup recommendation for slippery dry low traction outdoor track?

Thanks
Eran
Old 11-22-2013, 07:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kavee
Guys

Where can I find a good setup recommendation for slippery dry low traction outdoor track?

Thanks
Eran
M3 Holeshots is a good start. Then play with spring rates depending on the track and the jumps.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default TSR Diffs

Finally got round to fitting the TSR Diff rebuild kits to the 502X. The originals sounded like a grinder!

The rebuilt diffs are super smooth!

Will be running the car nest week at club meet, then the following week at JC Concepts Clash, Castle Hill Sydney - against some tough competition. Don't expect to do well do to lack of track time this year, but should be hoot and a good test to see how the diffs fair!
Old 11-25-2013, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AussieTopForce
Finally got round to fitting the TSR Diff rebuild kits to the 502X. The originals sounded like a grinder!

The rebuilt diffs are super smooth!

Will be running the car nest week at club meet, then the following week at JC Concepts Clash, Castle Hill Sydney - against some tough competition. Don't expect to do well do to lack of track time this year, but should be hoot and a good test to see how the diffs fair!
good luck ...post up afterwards please Im interested to hear about those TSR Diffs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.