Wiki Posts
Search

Your thoughts: durango 410 vs. Schu cat sx2 vs b44 vs. Kyosho lazer

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 12:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default Your thoughts: durango 410 vs. Schu cat sx2 vs b44 vs. Kyosho lazer

They are all out. Whats your thoughts on the comparison of the four?
Old 09-03-2010, 12:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Im tired so this is gonna be the short version

DEX410: Built like a tank and turns on a dime, very planted buggy that is hard to upset.

Cat sx 2: Very nimble buggy with great shocks. Very responsive and very tunable. Also the quietest since belt driven.

B44: Good for flat off-road tracks, but gets upset in the real rough stuff. Remember, it is based off of a touring car.

ZX5-fs: Very good all around buggy with excellent shocks. Car is very responsive to input.

I have at one point owned or currently owned all of these buggies. If you have any specific questions, pm me and I'll get you answers.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:00 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by gsrman4885

DEX410: Built like a tank and turns on a dime, very planted buggy that is hard to upset.

Cat sx 2: Very nimble buggy with great shocks. Very responsive and very tunable. Also the quietest since belt driven.

B44: Good for flat off-road tracks, but gets upset in the real rough stuff. Remember, it is based off of a touring car.

ZX5-fs: Very good all around buggy with excellent shocks. Car is very responsive to input.

I have at one point owned or currently owned all of these buggies. If you have any specific questions, pm me and I'll get you answers.
I didn't know the b44 was based off of a touring car... which one?

No specific questions, i just like getting comparisons...
Old 09-03-2010, 01:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
I didn't know the b44 was based off of a touring car... which one?

No specific questions, i just like getting comparisons...
The TC3

evolution of the B44

RC10TC3----JConcepts BJ4 non worlds----BJ4 Worlds-----B44

granted there has been great steps to make it a very capable 4wd buggy, but it's history is from an on-roader
Old 09-03-2010, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

wait....
Old 09-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

It'd help to know what type of track you plan to run on most often - some of these buggies are a little more suited to one type of track than the other - and then again there is your LHS parts support to consider, and your driving style - and your planned maintenance program
Old 09-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Last i checked... there was a "which 4wd buggy" thread about a day ago... and probably not the first one this month.

Search button is your friend.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HeavyD99
It'd help to know what type of track you plan to run on most often - some of these buggies are a little more suited to one type of track than the other - and then again there is your LHS parts support to consider, and your driving style - and your planned maintenance program
I race on an indoor clay track with a decent amount of jumps. Not to big ones though.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
Last i checked... there was a "which 4wd buggy" thread about a day ago... and probably not the first one this month.

Search button is your friend.
This is not a which buggy thread. I have already purchased a schu cat sx2. I am just curious what are the differences between all of them. What are the pros and cons to all of them... Just for my knowledge..
Old 09-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HeavyD99
As i mentioned, i'm not looking for a car. i just want to know the differences between all of them.

thx
Old 09-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
As i mentioned, i'm not looking for a car. i just want to know the differences between all of them.

thx
If you need any setup help with your Kitty Cat let me know! As far as your question and after running them all, the Durango is a tank if you get past the hinge pin holder issue, turns well, helps if you had eighth scale experience for tuning. The Cat is very tunable and reliable, smooth, easy to adapt to any track with little tuning. The b44 is like a sled, I always get a kick out of watching the back end bottom out. They run well though and are a solid platform. The Lazer FS is a great all around buggy. Tends to do some strange stuff if you don't show it consistent tlc.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hihi,
Could u elaborate what do u mean hard to upset for dex410? Do u mean it difficult to find the right setup for dex410?
So far I have heard that dex410 is kinda hard to find a good setup out ofvthe box campare to lazer fs2.

Originally Posted by gsrman4885

Old 09-03-2010, 10:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rossii
Hihi,
Could u elaborate what do u mean hard to upset for dex410? Do u mean it difficult to find the right setup for dex410?
So far I have heard that dex410 is kinda hard to find a good setup out ofvthe box campare to lazer fs2.

What he probably means its hard to upset, like as to get upset. It is a tank because it it heavy and planted so it would be easy to drive and not worry about rolling in alot! Thats what I would think he meant!
Old 09-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecman26
What he probably means its hard to upset, like as to get upset. It is a tank because it it heavy and planted so it would be easy to drive and not worry about rolling in alot! Thats what I would think he meant!
I see,thanks for sharing. By the way is it easy to drive out o the box with stock setting
?? This is because the chassis is back with 2 alloy brace ,it's seems quite rigid??
Old 01-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default new 4wd buggy

I've narrowed new 4wd purcharse to the CAT SX2 and DURANGO - Amain has both w/ plenty of parts support. I currently have the HB D4 and love it, but thinking about getting some newer technology since it has been discontinued.

I have owned everything else (Kyosho FS2, B44, Yokomo BMAX) so not interested in those...IMO the D4 is better.

Just wanting some feedback on those who have owned/driven both the Durango and CAT SX2...and maybe better yet if you could compare them to the D4.

I know the CAT needs some aluminum upgrades, but it is still cheaper than the full-on Durango even w/ the upgrades. So, I don't know that price is much of a factor. Also, the thought of going back to a belt drive like my old XX4 sounds tempting....I loved that thing. So, as you can tell, I'm leaning CAT SX2...but Durango is keeping me from pulling the trigger.

Thanks....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.