Wiki Posts
Search

2wd slash Truggy conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2wd slash Truggy conversion

hey guys would you recommend converting a slash for just bashing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXS5h...ature=related? i am really interested in this can i get some opinions
Old 08-25-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Speaking for myself; if I had the money, I'd do it! Also, I'm waiting for a clear cut Slash 4x4 conversion with instructions. Like has been done with the Slash 2WD buggy conversion. I've seen a 4x4 converted, but no description or parts listing.

DO IT! Then post pics.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sLaSh It UPP
hey guys would you recommend converting a slash for just bashing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXS5h...ature=related? i am really interested in this can i get some opinions
First off a truggy has to be 4wd, Truggy also requires 3 diffs, Truggy also has to have diffs over chassis.. not 2wd diff below chassis built into tranny. If you want a slash with a truggy body and understand what you have and don't mind go for it... it's 2wd truck and will always be 2wd truck and will never be able to compete against a actual truggy. With all that said again if you want a 1/10 2wd MT type truck with a truggy body and 17mm wheels on it go for it! OR just buy the ten-t and do a electric conversion.. 100x more durable, 100x better supsension, it's a 4wd and a actual truggy Next step up would be a real 1:8 truggy, if you are low on funds pick something up used.. watch the for sale board here and ebay.

Not bashing it's a fun little project to play with out front.. but it is what it is.

my2c
Old 08-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Relax, man, he just want to bash it. He isn't trying to create another class. Holy smokes.

But yeah, you wanna bash a $500 dollar race capable nitro truck, that you have to buy a conversion kit and electronics for, not a traxxas 2wd conversion.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

thanks guys yea i wasnt doing this for racing i was just doing it for fun i am thinking whether or not this is worth it i really want to do it but money it tight i want to do this on a slash 4x4 but then i would have to mod the chassis to fit the body also idk if a vxl could stand up to 4 big heavy truggy tires so i have to plan it out finally what is your opinion 4x4 or 2wd slash to do this?
Old 08-25-2010, 09:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
First off a truggy has to be 4wd, Truggy also requires 3 diffs, Truggy also has to have diffs over chassis.. not 2wd diff below chassis built into tranny. If you want a slash with a truggy body and understand what you have and don't mind go for it... it's 2wd truck and will always be 2wd truck and will never be able to compete against a actual truggy. With all that said again if you want a 1/10 2wd MT type truck with a truggy body and 17mm wheels on it go for it! OR just buy the ten-t and do a electric conversion.. 100x more durable, 100x better supsension, it's a 4wd and a actual truggy Next step up would be a real 1:8 truggy, if you are low on funds pick something up used.. watch the for sale board here and ebay.

Not bashing it's a fun little project to play with out front.. but it is what it is.

my2c
A Truggie is a buggy with a truck frame. A Slash is a truck frame. Does not have to have 3 diffs and all that smack.

A truggy or truggie is a specialized off-road vehicle. Truggy is a portmanteau of the words truck and buggy. The truggy nomenclature is derived from using a truck frame as the basis for the vehicle, whereas a "buggy" would have started from the chassis of a Volkswagen Bug.

Truggies are most commonly built for off road racing and occasionally recreational purposes. A majority of them are built at specialty shops that know and understand the rules of the racing classed. Popular racing series that include these vehicles are the Baja 1000 and Baja 500. Truggies might be built from scratch, or they might be heavily-modified street vehicles that have been altered to the point that they barely resemble their original form. A truggy generally has several defining features:
Old 08-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I guess you can call things what ever you want.. but this is from governing bodies as to what it takes to be called a 1:8 truggy "arena truck".

Wheel base Minimum 12 inches Maximum 16 inches
Vehicle width maximum outside tire to outside tire 18 inches
Transmission/diff <<Single speed direct drive (1/8 buggy) style driveline only>>
Minimum weight - 8lbs. 6 oz. minimum weight
Bodies - Truck or SUV (no buggy or car bodies allowed )
Bumpers are optional. If used, must not extend further than 1" past the body on the front and rear.
Rear Spoiler/Wing is optional.
Skid Plates must not extend further than 1" past the body on the front and rear.
Wheels must be manufactured for Monster Trucks/Arena Trucks
Wheel Mounting must be securely mounted at all times.
Tires must be rubber only. No tires created for other vehicle types even if they fit the specifications will be allowed. Cutting or modifying the tread is allowed. Modifying the tire carcass by sectioning or narrowing is prohibited. Due to the varying sizes of wheels available for Monster Trucks it IS legal to trim the mounting bead of a tire produced for the Monster Truck class to make it fit a Monster Truck rim. Example - Bowtie on a REVO wheel. All tire measurements reference the carcass dimensions and does not include the tread depth or width.
Tire diameter- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Minimum - 4.55" (mounted)
Tire width - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Minimum – 2.20"(mounted)

The new LPR wheels and tires are legal.

Again call it what you want and enjoy it.. as I said up front.. LOL done posting on this. l8r.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Well that showed us...LOL. l8ighter. Get it? Get it? LOL

Originally Posted by sLaSh It UPP
thanks guys yea i wasnt doing this for racing i was just doing it for fun i am thinking whether or not this is worth it i really want to do it but money it tight i want to do this on a slash 4x4 but then i would have to mod the chassis to fit the body also idk if a vxl could stand up to 4 big heavy truggy tires so i have to plan it out finally what is your opinion 4x4 or 2wd slash to do this?
I would do the 2WD if I had it handy, and the 4x4 if I had the money. haha. I'd put the MMM in it. With the 2WD, you may end up needing a wheelie bar. Bad.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by marooko
Well that showed us...LOL. l8ighter. Get it? Get it? LOL

I would do the 2WD if I had it handy, and the 4x4 if I had the money. haha. I'd put the MMM in it. With the 2WD, you may end up needing a wheelie bar. Bad.
ok cool that is what i was thinking and guys relax i am not racing this is just for bashing and it is pretty much a slash with an 8ightT body on it with some truggy tires
Old 08-26-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

No way man, I'm gonna geek out on race specs anyway, and tell you that it isn't a truggy, you can't race it as one and it's just a 2WD Slash with big tires. Take that. Oh and enjoy the heck out of it!!

You should post some pictures when you get it done, I'd like to check it out.

To clarify, the MMM would go in the 4x4 if I were to convert it to a truggy. not the 2WD, as I don't think ti would fit.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

No way man, I'm gonna geek out on race specs anyway, and tell you that it isn't a truggy, you can't race it as one and it's just a 2WD Slash with big tires. Take that. Oh and enjoy the heck out of it!!

You should post some pictures when you get it done, I'd like to check it out.

To clarify, the MMM would go in the 4x4 if I were to convert it to a truggy. not the 2WD, as I don't think ti would fit.
yea hahahahah ok i will post pics i cant find any 1/16 and 1/8 steel this is what i am following chech this thread out http://ultimaterc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111602
Old 08-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

great news i just got all the metal i need tomorrow is fabrication day and i will have it mapped out tonight
Old 08-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Looks pretty cool man. I can't wait to see it. maybe some updates?
Old 08-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Looks pretty cool man. I can't wait to see it. maybe some updates?
definitely fab will be sunday i have plans for today and tomorrow
Old 08-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

hey i have cut out the chassis i just want to clean it up a little bit and then i have to start mounting the diff, mount front assembly, make battery well, mount receiver, i need to find a cheap used vxl esc because my friend screwed me i will post a pic of it to show it if is salvageable

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.