Wiki Posts
Search

Neu service is bad?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Default Neu service is bad?

Hi guys,

I mailed Neu with a question 1 week ago. They say give us up to 48h for a reply, but I'm waiting more than a week now? What's wrong with Neu? Do they ignore mails or what? I can't phone them since I live in Europe.

I'd like to know how I can get my smooth can open. It's has very little hexes on the endbell and I'd like to know which hexdriver is need for it. I need to replace the front bearing and I'd like to know which bearings in need.

If this is the normal way of buisness, I'll sell the Neu a get a Tekin 1900kv... They seem to be easier to give maintainance.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

FWIW I have dealt with him in the past on other projects I have done for customers and he can be hard to get in touch with. Great guy just very busy.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

I've never e-mailed them but I have sent in (2 times) motors for repair. They did not contact me at all but both times I got the motors back in about 3 weeks & fixed free of charge so I have to say they have GOOD service. Maybe their E-mail filter filtered you out or some thing like that. I would send them another e-mail if I were you. As for the screw size, I'm sure you could figure that out & once you do then you can measure the bearing.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

A 1.5mm hex is too big. Someone told me they are US sizes? I don't wanna send the Neu in. I live in Europe so I pay more for shipping than the maintance service. Once I got the screws out of the more I'll replace them with screws that have a bigger head. Those stock screws are a pain in the ass to remove

I'll mail them again. What adres do you suggest to me? They have multiple adressen on their site.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morgoth
A 1.5mm hex is too big. Someone told me they are US sizes? I don't wanna send the Neu in. I live in Europe so I pay more for shipping than the maintance service. Once I got the screws out of the more I'll replace them with screws that have a bigger head. Those stock screws are a pain in the ass to remove

I'll mail them again. What adres do you suggest to me? They have multiple adressen on their site.

I think the screw is .5.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Edumakated
I think the screw is .5.
Millimeters?
Old 07-28-2010, 05:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A 1.5mm hex is too big. Someone told me they are US sizes?
if it smaller than 1.5mm then my bet is it's 0.005"

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ch-005-x-120mm

something that small, you'd better get a very good tip, like a hudy.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

I only need to remove them once I hope. I check if I can fit other screws in it with a bigger head.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Buy these:

http://www.liquidrc.com/index.php?ma...ducts_id=33623

I can unscrew the rear end on my Castle Neu motor with this: "One Precision Hex Driver 1/16" x 75mm" Don't know if original Neu uses these screws.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

I'll take a look. I have both motors.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Nope, my CC screws on the rear are 1.5mm. I messure 1.2mm with my calipers on the Neu. That a very uncommon size imo... I have no clue where I could find that. It's seems that 1.2mm = 0.047"
Old 07-28-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'll take a look. I have both motors.
try very hard to email them & email all the address u can find. I sold all my neu motors as the overseas service is bad. I sent me motor & waited 3 months for it.

emailed them no reply, emailed them so many times. when they reply they said its on the way.

but the fact is it was still with them. I managed to repair it at Neu & sold it away.

Neu is good but the service is very slow. Neu motor is not meant for off road. The internal wiring will eventually short.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

I guess I'll change the bearing so play is gone from the shaft and sell it then... I think the Tekin 1900kv is the close to the 1512 1850kv.
The motor is perfect for my style of driving and I really like it. But I'm getting a headache when I try to find out how to change the bearing...
Thanks for the tip.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I guess I'll change the bearing so play is gone from the shaft and sell it then... I think the Tekin 1900kv is the close to the 1512 1850kv.
The motor is perfect for my style of driving and I really like it. But I'm getting a headache when I try to find out how to change the bearing...
Thanks for the tip.
i am using hobbywing & tekin motors both are good with great support!
Old 07-28-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

I have 2 MMM V3's laying around. 1 is used and 1 is new. I guess I'll keep using those. I hope the Tekin motors don't cog a lot when they are in sensorless mode. My Neu was pretty smooth and had almost no cogging.