Wiki Posts
Search

RC10B4.1 FT/WC

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by bds81175
Sorry man, can't help you out much more than to tell you to search on the BB on this thread. Might I recommend that you not waste your money on either? If you're gonna race it, stick with the ball diff. And its been proven with lap times that the BB's don't really make a difference in anything other than feel. Get the car and drive it a bit before you jump to either of these changes. Just my opinion...
I DID SEARCH..... I FOUND YOU NEED TRAXXAS OR RPM PART, 22 SHOCK RETAINER AND GHEA COLORS WHICH I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT WHY I NEEDED THE TRAXXAS OR RPM PART.... SORRY FOR ASKING A QUESTION...

IM GOING TO RUN A GEAR DIFF.. I DONT REMEMBER ASKING WHICH WAS BETTER BALL OR DIFF, I ASKED IF I NEEDED ANY OTHER PARTS... IM HANDICAP AND DON'T WANT THE HASSLE OF BUGGING PEOPLE CONSTANTLY TO REBUILD MY BALL DIFF.

SOME OF YOU GUYS IN THIS THREAD REALLY DON'T LIKE HELPING PEOPLE, BUT WILL TAKE THE TIME TO STOP AND SAY SEARCH FOR IT.... I UNDERSTAND PEOPLE ASK THE SAME QUESTIONS, IF IT BOTHERS YOU DON'T ANSWER. I POSTED ANYONE BECAUSE IT WAS ALL READY 2 PAGES BACK BECAUSE I POSTED IN A HEATED ESC DEBATE.

LETS FACE IT 85 PERCENT OF THE TIME THE SEARCH FUNCTION IS USELESS. IF YOU TYPE IN TLR22 OR TLR 22 YOU GET 2 COMPLETE DIFFERENT SEARCHES... SORRY I DIDN'T TYPE IN THE MAGIC CODE WORDS FOR INFO ON THE GEAR DIFF
Old 02-28-2012, 06:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STUBYSLAP31
I DID SEARCH..... I FOUND YOU NEED TRAXXAS OR RPM PART, 22 SHOCK RETAINER AND GHEA COLORS WHICH I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT WHY I NEEDED THE TRAXXAS OR RPM PART.... SORRY FOR ASKING A QUESTION...

IM GOING TO RUN A GEAR DIFF.. I DONT REMEMBER ASKING WHICH WAS BETTER BALL OR DIFF, I ASKED IF I NEEDED ANY OTHER PARTS... IM HANDICAP AND DON'T WANT THE HASSLE OF BUGGING PEOPLE CONSTANTLY TO REBUILD MY BALL DIFF.

SOME OF YOU GUYS IN THIS THREAD REALLY DON'T LIKE HELPING PEOPLE, BUT WILL TAKE THE TIME TO STOP AND SAY SEARCH FOR IT.... I UNDERSTAND PEOPLE ASK THE SAME QUESTIONS, IF IT BOTHERS YOU DON'T ANSWER. I POSTED ANYONE BECAUSE IT WAS ALL READY 2 PAGES BACK BECAUSE I POSTED IN A HEATED ESC DEBATE.

LETS FACE IT 85 PERCENT OF THE TIME THE SEARCH FUNCTION IS USELESS. IF YOU TYPE IN TLR22 OR TLR 22 YOU GET 2 COMPLETE DIFFERENT SEARCHES... SORRY I DIDN'T TYPE IN THE MAGIC CODE WORDS FOR INFO ON THE GEAR DIFF
All you should need is the gear diff set and it will fit right in to the tyranny case no problem. Also I would sand a little off the top shaft spacer.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3srcracing
What Savox Servo would you guys recommend for this buggy?

Savox 1251 ($50-ish iirc) has treated me well the past couple of years. Awesome bang for the buck, shame about the orange ano though that only works in xray cars... oh well.

Paul
Old 02-28-2012, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matt Ward
All you should need is the gear diff set and it will fit right in to the tyranny case no problem. Also I would sand a little off the top shaft spacer.
thanks matt, i appreciate it. i had the ft b4 before the b4.1 came out and thought i had to use a few sc10 parts... but couldn't remember.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey yall

I've finally sold my b4.1 after three years of running AE 2wd buggies (had a b4 before haha) with actually some decent success. Just wanted to thank you all for the precious help about all the stuff. Sometimes the S/N ratio is kinda low but to those of you who know your stuff, thanks a lot (you know who you are )

Paul
Old 02-28-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Addict

thanks matt, i appreciate it. i had the ft b4 before the b4.1 came out and thought i had to use a few sc10 parts... but couldn't remember.
Yeah you did have to use sc10 parts because the rear plate was different and also the tranny case.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys can anyone tell me wich koyosho springs have the same spring rate as the Losi silvers in the front, and losi yellows in the rear.
Thanks
Old 02-28-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matt Ward
Yeah you did have to use sc10 parts because the rear plate was different and also the tranny case.
saweeet... thanks for the help
Old 02-28-2012, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JakeC351
Hey guys can anyone tell me wich koyosho springs have the same spring rate as the Losi silvers in the front, and losi yellows in the rear.
Thanks
Kyosho BB or non BB?

If non big bore you want Kyosho Yellow Fronts and Rears
3.2 Front Rate
2.06 Rear Rate

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...pringchart.jpg

If you are looking for Kyosho Big Bore you will want
Front: Kyosho Medium Soft / White 3.22
Rear: Kyosho Soft / Pink 2.04

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/BuggyBigBoreSpring.pdf
Old 02-28-2012, 07:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by davidfast
Kyosho BB or non BB?

3.2 Front Rate
2.06 Rear Rate

big bores sorry forgot to say that
Old 02-28-2012, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Ok I edited the post for ya
Old 02-28-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by davidfast
Kyosho BB or non BB?

3.2 Front Rate
2.06 Rear Rate

If you are looking for Kyosho Big Bore you will want
Front: Kyosho Medium Soft / White 3.22
Rear: Kyosho Soft / Pink 2.04

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/BuggyBigBoreSpring.pdf
ok thanks!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

slow your roll there kiddo.

The parts you need for the BB conversion are in my signature. They are there for a reason. So you can find them easily. The Traxxas and RPM parts were presented as OPTIONS so that if one is out of stock, you can get the other.

As far as why...

The BB spring is 12mm compared to the 10mm (I believe thats the right stock size). Stock collars don't have a large enough outter diameter so if you put the big bore spring on with a stock collar, it won't capture it in place. The other collars suggested all have a larger outter diameter so they will capture the spring. If you stop and take a breath and think about it, you'll see what I mean.

As far as us not helping or jumping on you....give everyone a break... they have been answering the same 3 questions for about 8 months now and people just keep asking. As I said before, if you can't find something and have legitimately tried searching, PM me. I'll do what I can to help ya. Let's keep the flaming for the local track threads :P
Old 02-28-2012, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Bob Barry

The parts you need for the BB conversion are in my signature. They are there for a reason. So you can find them easily. The Traxxas and RPM parts were presented as OPTIONS so that if one is out of stock, you can get the other.

As far as why...

The BB spring is 12mm compared to the 10mm (I believe thats the right stock size). Stock collars don't have a large enough outter diameter so if you put the big bore spring on with a stock collar, it won't capture it in place. The other collars suggested all have a larger outter diameter so they will capture the spring. If you stop and take a breath and think about it, you'll see what I mean.

As far as us not helping or jumping on you....give everyone a break... they have been answering the same 3 questions for about 8 months now and people just keep asking. As I said before, if you can't find something and have legitimately tried searching, PM me. I'll do what I can to help ya. Let's keep the flaming for the local track threads :P
You just had to jump in and ruin the fun! I was enjoying the criticism instead of helping the guy.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bob Barry

As far as why...

bob, i didnt see your post... however i did see 3 other post that just listed all 3 rpm, losi retainers, and ghea colars, i figured i didnt need them and i just wanted to double check...

im not sure why you explained the theory behind the bb springs.. i know why everyone runs them.... and only wanted to double check.... so i dont need to stop and think about it.

and i do know what its like to answer the same question over and over.... look in the agama thread... the same questions are answered over and over.... and you know what everyone just helps out... no smart butt answer like maybe use the search... we are all there to help people out and thats it

oh and i wasnt flaming... i wasnt the one being a smart butt, i searched - found several posts regarding the parts needed - none of the post i saw were either/or regarding rpm/ghea and asked a very simple question of ''do i need the rpm if i fork out the money for ghea'' and he clearly knew the answer, and could of said, nope ghea ond losi cups are all you need. so sorry i didnt take his crap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.