Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC10B4.1 FT/WC

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I use loctite professional super glue in the blue bottle--it's fast CA just like the "tire glue" but is in a much better designed bottle. It's just a hair thicker than fusion and bonds in seconds and is ready to run runs in 2-3 min. It's what I use for 1/8 scale too. It's nice because it gives you a slight moment to walk the glue around and then it's stuck. It's especially good for cutting the inside bead of a tire at 45 degrees and re-gluing when replacing foams. The bottle makes the glue last in nearly new condition to the very last drop. Seriously good product.

Make sure and get the blue stand up bottle. The little one is not the same and has a mini metal tube in it and is junk.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
Locktite liquid professional contact cement. Found at lowes or homedepot in a blue bottle. Works great. Cheaper and holds better than any ca I have ever used. I never prep tires and I have yet to have a tire pull from the rim.
How long does Locktite take to set up?
Old 01-09-2013, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Air temp can be a factor but it still shouldn't take that long.

I prefer thin, but that's up to each person.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

You read my mind.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Razathorn
I use loctite professional super glue in the blue bottle--it's fast CA just like the "tire glue" but is in a much better designed bottle. It's just a hair thicker than fusion and bonds in seconds and is ready to run runs in 2-3 min. It's what I use for 1/8 scale too. It's nice because it gives you a slight moment to walk the glue around and then it's stuck. It's especially good for cutting the inside bead of a tire at 45 degrees and re-gluing when replacing foams. The bottle makes the glue last in nearly new condition to the very last drop. Seriously good product.

Make sure and get the blue stand up bottle. The little one is not the same and has a mini metal tube in it and is junk.

ok, I will give this a shot. It can't be anywhere near as bad as that duratrax crap. So it is a little thicker than the AKA medium and gives you a little time to work the glue into the bead. I am trying to get better at getting glue further into the bead.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
ok, I will give this a shot. It can't be anywhere near as bad as that duratrax crap. So it is a little thicker than the AKA medium and gives you a little time to work the glue into the bead. I am trying to get better at getting glue further into the bead.
Haven't used aka, but this glue is a pretty thin and towel-smoking fast glue. I would shy away from calling it anything other than fast, but my experience tells me that it is slightly slower than fusion, which has the viscosity of water basically. I use this stuff when I cut down rear tires to make fronts by gluing the tread together, so you know it's good stuff.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris c
Anyone try the new proline suburbs for the front mc compound in place of the scrubs?
Been giving suburbs a try for the past month or so and they give a bit more steering than the scrubs.
Suburbs=more agressive steering
Scrubs= calms the steering
Originally Posted by tony montana
Anyone put the new kyosho big bores on their car?
Originally Posted by TonyWest
The Kyosho shocks will work.
Question is are they worth the extra dough.
Been running the Kyosho BB since early last year. The AE BB were only a rumor at that time. Kyoshos are smooth and keep the car planted. Big improvement over the V2s for sure. I have never tried the AE BB so I can't give a comparison. It's debatable but many consider the Kyoshos the choice hopup shocks around. But I guess with AE out with their own now it may not be the case. I like them but if it were not for deal I scored here I would have never paid the retail $$$ for them.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Care to share how you mounted the kyosho big bores? I have a set of rb6 big bores and it seems like they won't work. The rear spring runs the turnbuckle pretty bad and the front rubs the tower I know it has to be filed down but it looks like the shock will be at a weird angle
Old 01-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2canSAM
No I meant the rest of the car setup since you're using a different car. I would follow the settings for the shocks from that setup sheet.
so i need to order those spacers since i don't have enough...it says 7 per front and 2 per rear and that's 16 total and there are 8 in this set if the right ones but kinda have to since that's the only spacer that i got and they are black in my Kit but all the pics i see of them are clear so i might not have got them so that's why im asking
Old 01-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Care to share how you mounted the kyosho big bores? I have a set of rb6 big bores and it seems like they won't work. The rear spring runs the turnbuckle pretty bad and the front rubs the tower I know it has to be filed down but it looks like the shock will be at a weird angle
I'll get a pic up for you tonight.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:18 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I'll take some pics tonight. Shoot me a PM to remind me later this evening. From what I recall, I didn't see the shock tower filed at all. Just some spacers used.

The rear of the buggy is using lunsford turnbuckles, not sure if that matters. I went ahead and did the mount-to-the-rear hub tower deal so no rubbing, but as others mentioned may be an issue for handling. vehicle felt fine for me, but I am on carpet at the moment. next time I run it on that surface I'll see about switching the position and report back.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
so i need to order those spacers since i don't have enough...it says 7 per front and 2 per rear and that's 16 total and there are 8 in this set if the right ones but kinda have to since that's the only spacer that i got and they are black in my Kit but all the pics i see of them are clear so i might not have got them so that's why im asking
Nope remember the manual is for the truck and was only to show you how to build them. I would go off the Setup sheet and use 3 in the front and 2 in the back. Somebody posted a video and I would use that with the setup sheet instead of the manual I posted to avoid any confusion. The black spacers go between the rubber orings in the bottom of the shock. The white or clear spacers are what go under your piston before you insert it into the shock body. Looking back at your picture I am not seeing (could be overlooking though) any of the white/clear washers. How thick are the black washers in the bag with the 2 shafts and 2 pistons in the center of your picture?

Last edited by 2canSAM; 01-09-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:34 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Razathorn

This is what I use as well. Has held up great on my RC8.2e, SC10 and B4.1. I only prep by running a rag with alcohol around the rim and the tire, let dry, then glue. It does set pretty fast and I have used tires 15 minutes after gluing with no issues.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:37 AM
Tech Legend

Using the Losi standard glue for many years ...

I'm such bore .....
Old 01-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Hideeho
I have used losi glue & really liked it. Last time I needed tire glue I happened to have won a JC gift certificate so I tried their glue & their glue tips. I really like the glue & the tips are nice also. With the way the tips are made I cut one down to open it up some for tire gluing & use one uncut for touchups & detail glueing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.