Wiki Posts
Search

RC10B4.1 FT/WC

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bilster44
The AE shocks the team guys run do have very large threaded collars that stick out a mile, and the shaving may have to be done. I run Yoke big bores on mine, but they have a smaller adjuster nut on them so clearance is real easy. they don't bind what so ever either with the 2mm up top.
The new production shocks they team guys are running look WAY better than the prototype shocks everyone has seen so far. The collar and cap are much more petite and the cap is aluminum with a bleeder screw.

The new shocks look sick! And the crazy thing is they really don't look like big fat kyosho big bores but more like V2's at first glance. They just seem to look very slim. Brent, Kody, Tim and Steven were running them at the Surf City a couple weeks back. I wish I would have taken pictures!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OptimumRC
The new production shocks they team guys are running look WAY better than the prototype shocks everyone has seen so far. The collar and cap are much more petite and the cap is aluminum with a bleeder screw.

The new shocks look sick! And the crazy thing is they really don't look like big fat kyosho big bores but more like V2's at first glance. They just seem to look very slim. Brent, Kody, Tim and Steven were running them at the Surf City a couple weeks back. I wish I would have taken pictures!
There we go. That's great news.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default Rear hex

Question:

I have a mixture of old pin style rims and some new rear hex rims.
Will the width of the rear change once I do my hex conversion. I'm not planning on doing the front hex conversion for a while due to the over stock of standard wheels. So at times depending on the track conditions I could be running hex rears and standard front rims will this give the buggy a different stance over running full standard b4.1 rims?

Thx...
Old 09-13-2012, 03:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03
Question:

I have a mixture of old pin style rims and some new rear hex rims.
Will the width of the rear change once I do my hex conversion. I'm not planning on doing the front hex conversion for a while due to the over stock of standard wheels. So at times depending on the track conditions I could be running hex rears and standard front rims will this give the buggy a different stance over running full standard b4.1 rims?

Thx...
No
Old 09-13-2012, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Just confirming what this seller is saying..

The Rb5 has the same off set as the b4.1?

I didn't think it did but I guess I will see.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:45 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

yes, rb5 = b4 wheels
Old 09-13-2012, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Is there anything wrong with the older spoked Jconcept buggy wheels. Do they flex to much? I notice eveyone is running the dish style buggy wheels and no one is really running the older spoked rims anymore.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

imo, they look bad.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (97%+)

I like 'em just fine re: looks. But, it's like ice cream..... what's your flavor? They work great IMHO.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shagnat
I like 'em just fine re: looks. But, it's like ice cream..... what's your flavor? They work great IMHO.
I disagree, my choice of ice cream holds far more significance than the style of wheel I run. Some days vanilla and some days chocolate, other times I want a small scoop of chunky monkey floating in my hot coco.

-Chocula
Old 09-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chocula
I disagree, my choice of ice cream holds far more significance than the style of wheel I run. Some days vanilla and some days chocolate, other times I want a small scoop of chunky monkey floating in my hot coco.

-Chocula
Your forum name says it all. You sound like you know what you are talking about.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03
Is there anything wrong with the older spoked Jconcept buggy wheels. Do they flex to much? I notice eveyone is running the dish style buggy wheels and no one is really running the older spoked rims anymore.
Nobody is running them because they don't have hexes. I once heard Travis Amezcua say that spokes wheels felt slightly less stable in the air too. When it comes to wheels, I try to stick with one type and color, that way no matter what combo of my tires are working, my car has matching rims front to back. Nothing looks more goon that mismatched wheels, except maybe mismatched wheels and a one color body with no windows.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by R.Shackleford
Nobody is running them because they don't have hexes. I once heard Travis Amezcua say that spokes wheels felt slightly less stable in the air too. When it comes to wheels, I try to stick with one type and color, that way no matter what combo of my tires are working, my car has matching rims front to back. Nothing looks more goon that mismatched wheels, except maybe mismatched wheels and a one color body with no windows.
Heh, "goon". I've never heard that term for it. I thought it was "n00b", "ghetto", or similar. I can't stand running mismatched wheels, either, which is why I'll switch to Mono wheels once I run out of this huge stack of Rulux I have. The nice thing about dish is if they're the same color (white), you can't tell if they're mismatched without looking very closely.

The rumor down here in SoCal is that your car pushes more with Rulux on the front since air passes through them. I believe Tater told me that...

The funny thing is when I see people running mismatched wheels they're almost invariably running the Rulux wheels in front and dish in the rear, which should be the worst possible option.

My only issues with them are the lack of hexes and the fact they're a bit on the soft side, so they break easily in use and/or deform when stored. I actually like how they look and find the spokes a handy wheel speed indicator.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R.Shackleford
+1
Old 09-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default hubs

k so i baked the bearings out of the hubs again cuz the race was siezed. this time i used a heat gun and geated one up too hot. it made the anodizing on the left hub look funny like it baked on..
soo i decided to remove the anodizing with the oven cleaner..
took it all off pretty good except one small part that had the "Baked on anadizing" you can see in the picture.
overall im feeling "meh" about the whole ordeal but the blue was looking real bad. this isnt a whole lot better but at least it matches the trinity and the shocks and its unifiorm. still like the blue better.. oh well
Attached Thumbnails RC10B4.1 FT/WC-photob4.1.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.