Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC10B4.1 FT/WC

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 01:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Finally got some $$ to get my T4 fixed but now I have a very small problem.. It appears that the topshaft is slightly bent. Very very slightly.. I barely notice less than a half a mm in wobble on my spur gear in either direction.. Now, should that be fine to run? I'd much rather not put out another 10$ just to buy a new topshaft but if I have to I will.. I'm heading out to the track again this week for a few practice laps so any input will be read/thought over I'm just excited to have my truck up and running again!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FantomLeopard
Finally got some $$ to get my T4 fixed but now I have a very small problem.. It appears that the topshaft is slightly bent. Very very slightly.. I barely notice less than a half a mm in wobble on my spur gear in either direction.. Now, should that be fine to run? I'd much rather not put out another 10$ just to buy a new topshaft but if I have to I will.. I'm heading out to the track again this week for a few practice laps so any input will be read/thought over I'm just excited to have my truck up and running again!
That might be spur gear wobble your seeing... pull the spur and slipper assembly off THEN check the topshaft for wobble.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DG Designs
Take your time and build the v2. This includes grinding the spring so they compress evenly. Did that today and they feel as good as any K shock i have ever built.
sorry this was a few pages back but is there somewhere with info on this? or a how to?
Old 02-22-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Legend

It may be the motor plate is bent , not the top shaft, check both ...
Old 02-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
It may be the motor plate is bent , not the top shaft, check both ...
I think if the motor plate was bent then there wouldn't be any wobble. It would just look like the spur was closer to the plate on one side and farther on the other. But I may be wrong, I'll have a looksy

Originally Posted by DaveW
That might be spur gear wobble your seeing... pull the spur and slipper assembly off THEN check the topshaft for wobble.
Well, the wobble is so minute it would be very very hard to see any wobble on the topshaft, especially since it has different size components to it.. I tried looking but I couldn't tell just by looking at the topshaft and spinning it by itself. Is spur wobble something common? I'm beginning to think that it might just be the spur.. I will most likely get the kimbrough spur gears as soon as I have a little more spending $$
Old 02-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
never had trouble with the 4 sets I've done, can be tricky little suckers though. One option would be to LIGHTLY chamfer the hole with an X-Acto.
I've noticed that they "seem" like they dont fit, but they do. I just put the BHS on the tip of the driver, then press firmly against bleeder hole and start turning as if it fits... then it does...
Old 02-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

The gear and slipper assembly will usually wobble.

When assembled the slipper may need a push in certain direction to run strait.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore

I noticed mine is quite wobbly, was planning on running the slipper fairly loose at first to get it to settle properly. run it a bit, readjust the motor and the slipper tightness, rinse and repeat til its dead true and the slipper is where I want it.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

If you have a ton of wobble it could be that the back slipper pad fell out of the hex on the gear when you assembled the slipper. Happens sometimes. Take it apart and reassemble. The gear will float/move some but not a lot.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

So I just got a RTR 4.1 in a trade, and I want to go through the work to make it a FT.

Now I will probably not buy the whole shock kit if I can get away with the shock bodies, but what all will I need to get?

I know I 'll need a ball diff, and the v2 shock bodies but what else?
Old 02-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have a rtr B4.1. I have already swapped to the v2 shocks. I have a Novak ballistic 17.5 for it, but was wondering what would be a decent esc to run with it.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey guys. I just picked up the buggy and truck today. I will be running a novac 8.5 in them. Andy gearing suggestions? I will be racing on a high traction smooth track. Thanks!
Old 02-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bajabro
I have a rtr B4.1. I have already swapped to the v2 shocks. I have a Novak ballistic 17.5 for it, but was wondering what would be a decent esc to run with it.
You can do a Tekin RS speed control, not the pro edition. Orion Vortex Race Spec. There are a few 'decent' speed controls. You might try going to stormer hobbies or some other website hobby store and do a search on peed controls for the 1/10 scale applications.

Originally Posted by mupchu
So I just got a RTR 4.1 in a trade, and I want to go through the work to make it a FT.

Now I will probably not buy the whole shock kit if I can get away with the shock bodies, but what all will I need to get?

I know I 'll need a ball diff, and the v2 shock bodies but what else?
I'm not sure if the shock bodies are a different size or not but I know that their assembly is a bit different from the original shocks. To make your truck FT you'll want to get a few Carbon Fiber parts (A arms and shock towers) and then some aluminum rear hub carriers. I can't really think of anything else you'll need.

Originally Posted by mickeymouse93
Hey guys. I just picked up the buggy and truck today. I will be running a novac 8.5 in them. Andy gearing suggestions? I will be racing on a high traction smooth track. Thanks!
For those two cars you'll want a final drive ratio of around 9.5 (buggy) and 11.5 (truck). The truck you could start out with something like 87/20 (spur/pinion) and for the buggy try out 81/22 (spur/pinion). The buggy will be geared a little aggressively and the truck will be a little aggressive too But both of those would be fine temperature-wise
Old 02-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore

I will definitely try that before tearing everything apart Thanks for the idea!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, the wobble is so minute it would be very very hard to see any wobble on the topshaft, especially since it has different size components to it.. I tried looking but I couldn't tell just by looking at the topshaft and spinning it by itself. Is spur wobble something common? I'm beginning to think that it might just be the spur.. I will most likely get the kimbrough spur gears as soon as I have a little more spending $$
If the wobble is that small... then it probably is just the spur. I have had maybe 2 out of 5 spurs from AE run true. Theyre not machined, just molded... so there will be variant imperfections.

Not to say it wont or cant happen, but i cant imagine bending a top shaft. I DID bend a top shaft on my Losi Hydra Drive for my AE T2 back in the day... but that was some really light aluminum. The current AE part is far beefier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.