Search

maxamps vs cheaper turnigy .ip ect

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 03:54 AM
Gen
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default maxamps vs cheaper turnigy .ip ect

i know you get what you pay for but have people used maxamps 4s batts at 60 c and compared to 30 or 40c of a different brand ,i have ip 40 c and there great but only $130 aust dollars and the max amps are $260 us ,,they now give 3 year warrenty but what about performance is it gonna be night and day cause thats what i would expect for extra $150 a battery
Old 07-11-2010, 04:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

maxamps has changed in the last year/two, thier cells nolonger puff when you look at them wrong. That being said, I would say they are farily equal to an IP, and slightly better than a turnigy...

you can get IP batts off of ebay for farily cheap...

BTW the $160 is for 2 5000mah 50c batts

http://toys.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nk...286.m270.l1313
Old 07-11-2010, 06:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A thread a while back said MaxAmps 60c was the "peak" rate and not constant discharge rate. Effectively 30c/60c.

The new Turnigy Nano-Tech models have a 45c/90c version which seems to be a true next-step in innovation (I don't know anyone yet using one though).

Performance is not night and day. In fact, those on this board (many) who have had an older Maxamps type Lipo who bought a new Turnigy or Zippy said "hey, this new one is faster than my old <namebrand> lipo". Could have been due to it being brand new at the time. Lipo chemistry is pretty consistent. If the stated discharge rates are what they are - you should see very little difference among Lipos (one brand versus another 30/60c label). Of course, if a company mis-labels "high", you got a different game going on too and that is called "fraud".