Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Smoke from the ESC, can't be good.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

The new Novak motors have replaceable sensor wires. Makes changing and repairing easy.

I have used the exchange program a time or two and it is great. I have run Novaks for more than 25 years. Tried Tekins and LRP. I currently have 5 Novaks in use and all are working fine.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

For all of those who hate brand X, Y or Z get real, they ALL have stuff that goes poof. I've owned almost everything over the years and seen every brand have issues so I guess I can't run anything now because it might have a problem......please

Why do you need a 1 year warranty any way? if it doesn't go poof in a couple months it's not going too IMO
Old 07-10-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone in this thread had the Havok SS System with the 17.5? Any problems? I just want to race stock and want a good affordable system and this one looks pretty good.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dirt_McGirt
Has anyone in this thread had the Havok SS System with the 17.5? Any problems? I just want to race stock and want a good affordable system and this one looks pretty good.
I have 2 of the original Havoc Sports (later ones as they had issues when they first came out) and have had no problems running 17.5, 13.5 and even a 10.5 on them. They have no timeing advance in them so running against LRP's and Tekin's might hurt you.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Right on, thanks for the imput on the Havoc! Think I am gonna give one a whirl.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:15 AM
Company Representative

Input from a satisfied customer is always welcome!

Originally Posted by nutz4rcyktw
The new Novak motors have replaceable sensor wires. Makes changing and repairing easy.

I have used the exchange program a time or two and it is great. I have run Novaks for more than 25 years. Tried Tekins and LRP. I currently have 5 Novaks in use and all are working fine.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We sell alot of Novak stuff in our hobby store. When a customer wants to go brushless, I take them right over to the Novak stuff and start there. We sell other stuff as well (Tekin, Castle, and Advanced Electronics), but 95% of them go Novak. It is the easiest and cheapest way to get a reliable sensored brushless racing system, period.

Also I travel all over the country racing for my employer, and I see the Novak guys at just about all the races. They are great with the "regular" customers, and will help anyone. I am sponsored by a competing esc company, and I will go up to them from time to time and ask for advice. Not to mention Skuba and Charlie are cute as hell!!

Everyone needs to stop bagging on Novak. I would hate to think where this hobby would be if Novak had never been around.

dumper