Wiki Posts
Search

HHH Racing Chassis

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 04:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
stephen the elite mounts are the best on the market. Very much worth the $75. I still really want to take a good look at for HHH chassis next time we are at the track.
+1. I have one for my RC8Te and It's great. The HB one-piece is a PIECE, if you know what I mean. EliteRC did make one for the Ve8, but they didn't "offset" it like it's supposed to be.
Rumor has it that HHH Industries is going to make their own Ve8 motor mount.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Dear Harley i was wondering -->

im actuly changing plans im going to do a lot of custom work helped by very good knowlageble people from Rcmonster forum to help be accomplish my project ( 8s setup Mamba xl ... )

so i need to know if u can relocate the chassis to clear a 84 mm long motor , i know original ve8 body has a max clearing of 76mm so the diff is going to go a bit backwards

and since these are fully custom CNC machine plates , i was hoping it could be possible !

let me know as fast as you can so there for i can start planning my stuff !!

take note that this buggy is only going to be used on asphalt so there will be no stress from jump ... since its probably never going to see one

thank you Harley !!
Old 01-31-2011, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Thanks Rob, I do hear great things about them. I was ready to pull the trigger, just wanted to make sure it was going to work with this chassis. The Elite site says that my motor will fit "ok" with the stock chassis. I don't think it will be a problem but before I drop that money, just want someone to confirm it works. Of course you can check it out. I would appreciate if you'd drive it and give me some setup tips actually. When you racing next?
Old 01-31-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by The Overclocker
Dear Harley i was wondering -->

im actuly changing plans im going to do a lot of custom work helped by very good knowlageble people from Rcmonster forum to help be accomplish my project ( 8s setup Mamba xl ... )

so i need to know if u can relocate the chassis to clear a 84 mm long motor , i know original ve8 body has a max clearing of 76mm so the diff is going to go a bit backwards

and since these are fully custom CNC machine plates , i was hoping it could be possible !

let me know as fast as you can so there for i can start planning my stuff !!

take note that this buggy is only going to be used on asphalt so there will be no stress from jump ... since its probably never going to see one

thank you Harley !!
or just make a longer chassis for a longer can motor ? and i could just buy a other rear center drive shaft witch is 105mm long to replace the 78mm long front drive shaft ..... thats actully the best solution , and the easiest one ! for you and me

so i could have 103mm in total to be able to fit a huge motor ! + all the space i need for the twin 4s lipos !!

this would be awsome !!

let me know what you think about this ideal ! oh and btw front and back proportions in weight actully really doesnt effect me since im only going to use this buggy on hot asphalt !

thanks again Harley !!
Old 01-31-2011, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by skerry1
Thanks Rob, I do hear great things about them. I was ready to pull the trigger, just wanted to make sure it was going to work with this chassis. The Elite site says that my motor will fit "ok" with the stock chassis. I don't think it will be a problem but before I drop that money, just want someone to confirm it works. Of course you can check it out. I would appreciate if you'd drive it and give me some setup tips actually. When you racing next?
Not really sure. This weekend have a wedding to go to and the following weekend will be in houston for supercross.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:25 PM
HH
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks Harley and Blade for the answer there. I ordered some of those ofna posts.

A couple more questions. The first is really dumb but I'm going to ask anyway. I have the Mamba upper esc mount and I'm wondering if I should mount the servo on top or between the posts and the mount. If I mount it on top then there is a severe angle with my servo horn, if I mount it between then I have to put spacers on the other side so that the mount doesn't get bent.

Second, I have the one piece motor mount and I hate it. Getting the mesh set isn't difficult but it's harder than I should be. I'm thinking of getting the elite rc mount to fix that problem. My motor is the 1512 1800kv so it fits the regular ve8 but I'm wondering if anyone is running anything similar on the HHH. $75 is just ridiculous for that thing but if it makes my life easier and will work, I'll fork it over. Also any other suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks
Stephen
Hey Stephen,

I would suggest upgrading to the newer HHH Impact Resistant ESC Mount as it accepts a variety of ESC's and absorbs the majority of all impacts so your electronics don't have to. It is also mounted completely independent from the steering servo.

If you are going to stay with the older style "upper" tray you can mount it above or below the servo, your choice. You may need to file a couple of small slots in the tray at either end of where the servo is secured, depending on what type of servo you use. That trays only purpose is to keep your ESC in position away from the spur gear. As for your steering linkage having a severe angle?? the tray is only .080" thick which is not enough to cause any significant increase to the steering linkage angle .

One other thing is to be sure the ESC wires are properly insulated and protected from the upper ESC tray so they cannot become chafed against the aluminum which is conductive and can cause a short circuit.

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
stephen the elite mounts are the best on the market. Very much worth the $75. I still really want to take a good look at for HHH chassis next time we are at the track.
+1 on the Elite Mounts being well worth $75

However the ERC mount for the Ve8 does not have the offset required to fit a standard buggy sized motor . It only accepts like one or two obscure motors like the Neu short can motors which I have never seen or heard of anyone running in a Ve8, all of the commonly used motors will hit the steering column with the ERC Ve8 mount. We did try to collaborate with ERC for our mounts when we were in the designing/prototype stages of development, unfortunately we were unable to make that happen . The best possible option at that time and still remains the best option for a Ve8 is the HB One-Piece Aluminum Motor/Diff Mount which is almost an exact replica of the AE motor mount.

I agree there is plenty of room for improvement with the HB mount, but remain patient as I am sure there will be better mounts for the Ve8 available soon that will also allow any buggy sized motor to fit.

Rob.. also keep in mind there have been some running changes to the newer versions of the HHH Ve8 Chassis which I don't believe are on Stephens buggy. They are only small changes related to aesthetics, further weight reduction and increasing the durability/lifespan of the chassis. Nothing that will directly impact the performance.

HH
Old 01-31-2011, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Harley,

Thanks for the response. It was a JR servo and had the piece that I needed to trim for and that's what was raising the servo up enough to put it on that angle.

As for the mount, that sucks, I was hoping to pick one up. When you refer to future mounts, are you thinking of the gridrc mount? And Harley, it seems like have the expertise...why don't you make one? lol
Old 01-31-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Harley,
I have been watching your thread since the beginning. You now have your chassis at a better price point and a couple others locally have picked them up. I have been watching them on the track. I really am itching to try one out as i have recently switched over to all 4s in both my buggy and truggy. I have a feeling i will be picking one up in the future. But only time and funding will tell.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Harley , just Wondering if you could answer my Special question ? Post #604

Thank you
Old 01-31-2011, 09:24 PM
HH
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Overclocker
Hey Harley , just Wondering if you could answer my Special question ? Post #604

Thank you
Hey Overclocker,

I really enjoy your enthusiasm regarding your project and after reading all of your email messages with descriptions it sounds like you are creating a very original work of art.

While that does seem like it would be fun to work on this project for you, but quite honestly I just don't have enough time in the day as it is. Until this business grows enough to support employees, I'm a one man band. So between designing a few new products, manufacturing the existing products (start to finish), fielding enormous amounts of inquiries, preparing and shipping out orders, attempting to make it to the races without missing both qualifiers , well... I'm sure you're beginning to get the picture. On top of all that, this is not what I do for a living, in fact it wouldn't even cover my monthly gas bill, and if I don't want the wife and kids to boot me outta the house, they require some of my time as well.

Overclocker.. I think your project sounds perfect for those good folks over at RC Monster. They make all kinds of cool one of a kind custom machined aluminum parts for RC vehicles. They may be better suited for your project and this will allow you the freedom to truly make this project original from top to bottom. Please do post some pics for us over here when you get it finished.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Harley and Blade for the answer there. I ordered some of those ofna posts.

A couple more questions. The first is really dumb but I'm going to ask anyway. I have the Mamba upper esc mount and I'm wondering if I should mount the servo on top or between the posts and the mount. If I mount it on top then there is a severe angle with my servo horn, if I mount it between then I have to put spacers on the other side so that the mount doesn't get bent.

Second, I have the one piece motor mount and I hate it. Getting the mesh set isn't difficult but it's harder than I should be. I'm thinking of getting the elite rc mount to fix that problem. My motor is the 1512 1800kv so it fits the regular ve8 but I'm wondering if anyone is running anything similar on the HHH. $75 is just ridiculous for that thing but if it makes my life easier and will work, I'll fork it over. Also any other suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks
Stephen
When I was using the original ESC top plates, I put one of the 3mm plastic spacers (rear hub spacer) on top of the servo saver end to raise it up. This also requires a longer screw. I have since gone with the new ESC mount, so no longer needed.

I also run the 1512 1800kv in one of my HHH Ve8's (still with the HB one piece mount).

Originally Posted by HH

...the Neu short can motors which I have never seen or heard of anyone running in a Ve8...
And I run a Neu 1509 in my other one!
Old 02-01-2011, 12:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HH
Hey Overclocker,

I really enjoy your enthusiasm regarding your project and after reading all of your email messages with descriptions it sounds like you are creating a very original work of art.

While that does seem like it would be fun to work on this project for you, but quite honestly I just don't have enough time in the day as it is. Until this business grows enough to support employees, I'm a one man band. So between designing a few new products, manufacturing the existing products (start to finish), fielding enormous amounts of inquiries, preparing and shipping out orders, attempting to make it to the races without missing both qualifiers , well... I'm sure you're beginning to get the picture. On top of all that, this is not what I do for a living, in fact it wouldn't even cover my monthly gas bill, and if I don't want the wife and kids to boot me outta the house, they require some of my time as well.

Overclocker.. I think your project sounds perfect for those good folks over at RC Monster. They make all kinds of cool one of a kind custom machined aluminum parts for RC vehicles. They may be better suited for your project and this will allow you the freedom to truly make this project original from top to bottom. Please do post some pics for us over here when you get it finished.
i totally understand ! and i support you and the awsome work you do !

i just tough it was gonna be a little 15 min on the pc then the cnc takes over , looks like there is way more work then 15min and way more calculation

thank you for everything ! and if ever i cant find someone to do my custom chassis i will buy a normal hhh chassis and live on with a 1515 motor

hope you're company comes along and u get rich !
Old 02-01-2011, 03:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hey can someone put some pictures up of a 4s setup single pack with the new update HHH chassis ?
Thanks wanna see the photos before i purchase
Old 02-01-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default RE:

Hey guys,

Just wanted to mention that I TQ’d and set the track record at our last points race up here this past weekend with my HHH Ve8! We run on a smaller clay based tight indoor track.

I’m using a 1900 Tekin system with 4S, original HHH chassis with impact resistant tray and Rx mount…geared at 46 / 19 or 10.41 FDR.

I really feel that 4S with a 1900kV motor is plenty of power for e-buggy. Using the 46T spur gives you more gearing options than the stock 50T spur.

Hope to try the plastic spur next race!

I’ll post pics of my 2011 ride a little later on. Adam at T&T Customz did a fantastic job on my new paint scheme for 2011.

L8’r

Mike
Old 02-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dubble-m
Hey guys,

Just wanted to mention that I TQ’d and set the track record at our last points race up here this past weekend with my HHH Ve8! We run on a smaller clay based tight indoor track.

I’m using a 1900 Tekin system with 4S, original HHH chassis with impact resistant tray and Rx mount…geared at 46 / 19 or 10.41 FDR.

I really feel that 4S with a 1900kV motor is plenty of power for e-buggy. Using the 46T spur gives you more gearing options than the stock 50T spur.

Hope to try the plastic spur next race!

I’ll post pics of my 2011 ride a little later on. Adam at T&T Customz did a fantastic job on my new paint scheme for 2011.

L8’r

Mike
Are you running the Ofna spur?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.