Wiki Posts
Search

SCRT10/HYPER 10 fragility questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Moogumby
i was thinking about the slash pe for a little bit but the high cg it has kinda led me away from it. if there was a way to beat the cg problem i might have gone with this and a different set of shocks.

this was just more than less then unhelpful.. LOL.. but im not from Cali and never been there.

Thanks so far for the input.. I completely forgot about the pillow ball thing. But salad has seen my driving firsthand so thats why im a little leery on getting a jammin. but if the worst of the wors is the bumper and A arms then i might just get a jammin. I was planning on the Tb bumper anyway and doing the mod like shark did with the rpm front.
I would say keep the Jammin cause if we are ever at the track together I always keep TONS of spare parts, bodies, tires and electronics.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losifiend
I didn't know I was in a "who's got the biggest rooster" contest with you, but I cant tomorrow. Some of us have a wife, kids, and our own house. We cant all live at home with mom and dad and make playing with toy cars our priority, you know?
Bummer! lol.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by onemilekyle
????????. 3 easy to access bolts hold on the front/rear bumper. Remove 2 screws holding the hinge pin plate. Count number of turns while screwing out pillowball. Reverse process to reinstall. Takes less then 5 minutes.

The rear is the same, but you have the bolt holding on the rear hub carrier.
How about the top?....exactly!
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
What it usually boils down to is what does the LHS stock for parts and with that said I know the LHS around where you and I live have zero parts support for Jammin or Hyper. I am a crappy driver and beat the crap out of my SCRT. So far the drive train has been solid. I have broken 2 a-arms and bent the turn buckles each time. Busted two stock bumpers and busted both front and rear body mounts on 1 shot.

I upgraded to the SNR stuff and it's been solid. The weak area is defiantly the front a-arms and bumper. T-Bone makes a nice bumper to replace the stock one, or the SC10 bumper works great I ran it up until last week and it was bullet proof. Over all the arms are the issue but everything else after I spent a few bucks on upgrades has been solid.

I owned a Hyper before the Jammin and drove it WAY less and it never had an issue but it also hasn't seen the beating my SCRT has. Both are great trucks, IMO I would still go with the Jammin, was not a fan of pillow balls.

Rc hobbies in woodinville is supporting the scrt now! They have one in stock and they are starting to get the parts in stock as well.
Tech Regular

How about the top?....exactly!
Upper arm on the front remove the 2 remaining screws from the shock tower. Replace arm. Done.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
I would say keep the Jammin cause if we are ever at the track together I always keep TONS of spare parts, bodies, tires and electronics.
Well thats a deffinite plus and i heard Rc hobbies in woodinville was gonna have some too.

is driverstand gonna carry the fantom 550?

and please lets keep the discuss on the fragile aspect of the two trucks??
Old 06-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Upper arm on the front remove the 2 remaining screws from the shock tower. Replace arm. Done.
So was I wrong? By now have you not removed 75% of the front end?...
Old 06-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

So was I wrong? By now have you not removed 75% of the front end?...
Only about 69% to be exact
Old 06-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

I didn't know I was in a "who's got the biggest rooster" contest with you, but I cant tomorrow. Some of us have a wife, kids, and our own house. We cant all live at home with mom and dad and make playing with toy cars our priority, you know?

Only with you since we have gone back and forth online for month's but never raced.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Only about 69% to be exact
You're funny!!

I traded a guy my Hyper10 for this 4x4 Slash I run now and he broke a lower arm the first time out. It's now up for sale.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I don't know about how the Slash holds up but my Hyper gets some pretty critical test and I walk away after every run even from the demand of Revelations ridiculous jumps, I don't know about Losi-what ever guy he make more changes on here than I've seen, Here's what the deal on the cars Hyper limit the up-travel or bend the the cvd's or dogbones, Jammin get upper arms and tie-rods as spares, Slash from what I've seen are still axles breaking so stock on those or buy those Tekno options ones but I would still have spares of those. Because of the weight of these cars I think they still need some finesse driving to get around the track not one of them can be indestructive, but Jammin has been the front runner of the cars on the track.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HYPERBOY
Only with you since we have gone back and forth online for month's but never raced.
I know, huh? Where do you mostly race? I know for a while you were at OCRC a lot, right? And I was at WCRC for a while.......I like you as much as I like busting your balls. I would love to meet you to shoot the $h!t, and let you beat me. But honestly, my wife has been working late for a while and I don't have as much free time as I used to a few months back to devote to racing; which is the major reason I got rid of my Hyper10.

I'll shoot you a PM when I know I'll have time to let you hand me my ass back, K?

R2, the new axles hold up just fine if you don't run the aluminum hubs. I beat the hell out of mine and can some times clear the gap at Rev. and have yet to bend one. They are both great trucks. But there is no way to beat on the Hyper the same way you can eat on the Slash with out breaking an arm. Every time I ran the Hyper ate Rev. it broke. Every time.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

I know, huh? Where do you mostly race? I know for a while you were at OCRC a lot, right? And Iw as at WRCR for a while.......I like you as much as I like busting your balls. I would love to meet you to shoot the $h!t, and let you beat me. But honestly, my wife has been working late for a while and I don't have as much free time as I used to a few months back to devote to racing; which is the major reason I got rid of my Hyper10.

I'll shoot you a PM when I know I'll have time to let you hand me my ass back, K?
Thats what we have been saying..........

I think R2, you and I need to just run rev on a practice night unless a trip to WCRC on a sat. night is possible. Let me know!
Old 06-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HYPERBOY
Thats what we have been saying..........

I think R2, you and I need to just run rev on a practice night unless a trip to WCRC on a sat. night is possible. Let me know!
Dude, meeting at Rev. would be awesome! I live like 8 minutes away but I wouldn't be able to make it there till after 6pm.....holla!!
Old 06-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

One my good buddies drives a Slash and had one just break and he runs composite up-rights and he's one of the better drivers of a Slash. Everything can takes it's toll if maintaining the car is not held up, (James). But I can say I still have the smae diff gears other than the spur which is out first delring prototype and has been in there since Jan, I just changed rear camber links. Did swap out the aluminum shock tower for CF, still have the stock shocks but pistons drilled out to my liking,other than that composite parts get change after they get some bad play in them, and of cousre I've bent some CVd's from going big and paying for it in the end but I bend them back until a big race day comes for some fresh dogbones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.