Wiki Posts
Search

Duratrax Evader DT

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Duratrax Evader DT

Hmmm...Looks like Duratrax is joining 10th scale SCT (kinda)

http://duratrax.com/cars/dtxd31-evader-dt/index.html

I like it!

Whatcha think?
Old 06-23-2010, 12:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

The body looks good (BLACK). As for the rest, I't's the same as the Evader EXT. So it needs ball bearing set, steel idler gear to bring it up better.I don't know why they don't have ball bearings in it, in this day & age. I have a Evader EXT fitted full ball bearings, steel idler gear & now it's ok needs better tyres though!. Cheap basher,cheap on parts. But would be the lower end SC truck!.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:04 AM
Tech Rookie

do you think that a DT body will fit on an EXT if i change the front mounting posts or will i need to change the arms aswell?
Old 07-06-2010, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The truck looks good with its body, bumpers and wheels. But, when you remove the shell, whoa you get a surprise.

They are still using nicd batts!!! WTF. The shocks look nasty also does the esc and motor. They are still using those crappy Tamiya connectors. They also don't use hex screws. Only Philips star screws. Come on!!!. Duratrax needs to wake up and smell the crap they build.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B4power
The truck looks good with its body, bumpers and wheels. But, when you remove the shell, whoa you get a surprise.

They are still using nicd batts!!! WTF. The shocks look nasty also does the esc and motor. They are still using those crappy Tamiya connectors. They also don't use hex screws. Only Philips star screws. Come on!!!. Duratrax needs to wake up and smell the crap they build.
For 150 bucks its more than alright. What do you expect ,they have a lifetime guarantee on their arms ,just send it in and you get free replacements. Com on people ,its an entry level rc truck. If you buy the Ultima you need 150 bucks just for cvd's and velvet shocks. You will not race it with that speed control...are you? Or you will not use the RTR radio...right? Good for Duratrax ,at that price level perhaps more people will come into the hobbie and a new class will be created. I am getting one but I will order it from the place I run at.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They're going for a different class, HPI just released something similar

http://www.redrc.net/2010/06/hpi-min...-desert-truck/
Old 07-06-2010, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter george
For 150 bucks its more than alright. What do you expect ,they have a lifetime guarantee on their arms ,just send it in and you get free replacements. Com on people ,its an entry level rc truck. If you buy the Ultima you need 150 bucks just for cvd's and velvet shocks. You will not race it with that speed control...are you? Or you will not use the RTR radio...right? Good for Duratrax ,at that price level perhaps more people will come into the hobbie and a new class will be created. I am getting one but I will order it from the place I run at.
Well, I was speaking by experience. I had a Evader BX and it always broke. I was so dissapointed. I went trhu too many plastic parts, 2 esc, one motor, one servo and more. It almost got me out of the hobby. But then, I baught a Slash then a B4. Oh boy was I happy to have these rigs. Still have them and love them. Id rather pay 40$ more to get a rustler that comes with 7 cell batt and charger and is a way better car and has hex screws.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B4power
Well, I was speaking by experience. I had a Evader BX and it always broke. I was so dissapointed. I went trhu too many plastic parts, 2 esc, one motor, one servo and more. It almost got me out of the hobby. But then, I baught a Slash then a B4. Oh boy was I happy to have these rigs. Still have them and love them. Id rather pay 40$ more to get a rustler that comes with 7 cell batt and charger and is a way better car and has hex screws.
Had a rustler, tough as nails. But ........................

Still had phillips hardware, bushings and a crap battery and charger.

Evader +1

Use the extra money for bearings and shocks.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

you probably had an old rustler, because the new ones are almost if not full ball bearing
Old 07-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I, for one, have an Evader ST with a Sidewinder 4600 combo in it. After you sort out some weaknesses in the transmission (I did the B2 diff mod) it's a great truck. I don't plan on selling it, although I may transfer the electronics over if I decide to get something like a T4 kit.

Anyway, I am considering buying the body mounts, bumpers, and shell meant for the Evader DT and putting them on my ST for a new look.

I really think it was a bad move by Duratrax to downgrade the Evader and sell it for the same price. The original ST and BX had full ball bearings, ball diff, aluminum shocks, etc. I'm glad I got one when I did
Old 08-06-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

The Evader DT is based off of the Evader EXB chassis.
The only differences between it and the buggy are
body
wheels/tires
front bumper
shock springs
body mounts

Though it is a good deal smaller then the other 1/10 SCTs, I thinkg it's a quite refreshing change. I'm currently working on getting some better shoes mounted up on this little doggie.

As far as comparisons to the HPI 4x4.....not really that big. The new HPI (according to all reports) is basically the same length of a slash 4x4, just a bit narrower.

As far as bashing NiCDs, they are
1) cheap and have great punch
2) charge really fast per their ability to take mucho ampos
3) are not included with the truck anyway

As far a trash talking DTX, I hope I run into whomever you may be with one of my DTX rides so I can stomp you with my cheap noodle rides and my Tactic radio. It ain't a fast car that wins races.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I might get one and just buy the bearings and some losi shocks or the new ae v2 shocks(ooooohhhh)and probably put a brushless and lipo and bash the hell out of it,it probably will not race that's why my jammin is here.