Wiki Posts
Search

LIPO Battery???.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 10:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by taco94
When I say high quality, I mean companies that are proven (i.e. Maxamps, Intellect, Checkpoint, and the like). As far as I'm concerned, these Turnigys and Zippys and whatnot are not proven.

As for you stating that all packs have the same cells in them, that isn't true. Companies like Turnigys and stuff are using cheap cells with many problems. Orion and Peak Racing (an affiliate to Orion), though, uses Kokam cells made in South Korea, and these Orion cells are definitley top-shelf stuff.
It still seems you are bashing on these lipo's with absolutely no experience running them. You are making general statements like "cheap cells with many problems". Exactly what problems do you speak of? 90 percent of people I run with use hobbyking lipo's and not a single one of them has had any issues with ANY of their batteries. Ok Orion and other "quality" lipos use different cells, whoopty doo, who cares if the performance is the same? and btw even maxamps has admitted to using cheap Chinese cells aka the same cells used in hobbyking batteries.

If you personally have not used hobbyking batteries, than pipe down. You think that in order for a battery to be "proven", it must be run by all the racers? all those racers are sponsored by the top dollar battery companies so the naive kids watching the racers will spend a ton of money needlessly on their products.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:16 PM
Tech Adept

What we have here is another run-a-way LIPO argument
Old 06-23-2010, 11:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well it was the question asked by the op...
Old 06-23-2010, 11:38 PM
Tech Addict

I bought 5 Yeah racing 3200 Lipo's from a company that hired out RC cars to be used on their indoor track, Who knows how many hundreds of times they were cycled?

They are all still sweet as, Push my cars along at an awesome pace, as well as any battery I have ever run.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zachfeen
That will not charge lipos
So what is the best budget lipo charger out there?
Old 06-24-2010, 04:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ok so we have; HobbyKing, Turnigy, Zippy, Yeah racing lipo's, that have a good price & battery to boot!. Don't get me wrong my MaxAmps have been good to me.
But the low price & feed back I'm getting with the 4 brands above I will definitely give them a go!.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K-Train
So what is the best budget lipo charger out there?
Prob this one, all things considered like cost of int'l shipping, AC/DC versus power supply etc -

http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html
Old 06-24-2010, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Zachfeen
It still seems you are bashing on these lipo's with absolutely no experience running them. You are making general statements like "cheap cells with many problems". Exactly what problems do you speak of? 90 percent of people I run with use hobbyking lipo's and not a single one of them has had any issues with ANY of their batteries. Ok Orion and other "quality" lipos use different cells, whoopty doo, who cares if the performance is the same? and btw even maxamps has admitted to using cheap Chinese cells aka the same cells used in hobbyking batteries.

If you personally have not used hobbyking batteries, than pipe down. You think that in order for a battery to be "proven", it must be run by all the racers? all those racers are sponsored by the top dollar battery companies so the naive kids watching the racers will spend a ton of money needlessly on their products.
These problems I speak of are low runtime, bad performance, short lifespan, and a greater ability to catch on fire. Yeah, I said it.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

These problems I speak of are low runtime, bad performance, short lifespan, and a greater ability to catch on fire. Yeah, I said it.
Ok you said it. do you have any proof? As far as I am concerned you are just talking out of your behind.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I have my lipo cutoff set the same for all of my escs. My thunder power 40c 5000mah would cut off and shut down much earlier than my Turnigy packs. I am not bashing the TP pack at all cuz it ripped but I have generally noticed that my Turnigy packs are pretty grossly under rated in terms of MAH. I bought that TP pack a while back, before I gave Turnigy a try. That 3s 40c 5000mah TP cost me 190, I got like 5 or 6 of the Turnigy packs of the same spec for that price. I notice no difference at all in terms of punch.

I will say this again, just like I do in every one of these threads that pops up, since the purchase of my first Turnigy pack I have bought close to 50 of these packs for all of the various rigs that I run. From 2s 1350mah alllll the way up to 6s 5000mah and have NEVER had one come in dead, or die early, or EVER catch fire. Maybe I am just the luckiest guy on earth, or maybe your all spewing BS out your behinds. Unless I need a ROAR pack I know where I will purchase my lipos.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

the turnigy lipos are high quality packs, i havent had any problems with mine, ever. and i havent read anything bad about them either what i can remember.

really wish that hobbyking could send some packs in to roar/efra and all and get some approved packs, they would cost a little more but still be alot cheaper than many other lipos.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I run Orion, Peak, Zippy, and some low cost no names. Packs with the same ratings perform the same. Life has been equal so far because none have dropped off in performance.

Several local racers use "cheap" packs and have no issues.

Orion and Peak do have Kokam cells and they are reported as best. But how were they rated and for what use. In RC, I have not seen a reason to pay the extra.

Maybe after using the packs for a couple more years (they are all a year old now), I might.

But this debate will never end.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nutz4rcyktw
I run Orion, Peak, Zippy, and some low cost no names. Packs with the same ratings perform the same. Life has been equal so far because none have dropped off in performance.

Several local racers use "cheap" packs and have no issues.

Orion and Peak do have Kokam cells and they are reported as best. But how were they rated and for what use. In RC, I have not seen a reason to pay the extra.

Maybe after using the packs for a couple more years (they are all a year old now), I might.

But this debate will never end.
He's right. This truly will never end. I'll say something about high-cost, high-quality Li-pos, then some guy will fire back supporting low cost Li-pos. And as long as these threads keep popping up, it'll just keep going on and on. Like an endless conundrum...

+1, nutz4rcyktw.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think everyone should drop this topic and move on. Buy whatever the hell you want to and stop trying to conform/defend your personal preferences.

My Stock
TP
MA
IP
SMC
Racers Edge
Old 06-25-2010, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hatebreed
really wish that hobbyking could send some packs in to roar/efra and all and get some approved packs, they would cost a little more but still be alot cheaper than many other lipos.
Why would they cost more?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.