Community
Wiki Posts
Search

project B44???

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool project B44???

ok i posted a few electrical questions here at rctech a few days ago regaurding my new B44 purchase. i got some great info on the LRP motors and Reedy batteries i was asking about. now i've done the research on those answers and heres where im at now. first i was recomended that if i wanted LRP for motor/esc combo to go w/ the SXX X-12 LRP motors and was also informed that a 8.5t might be a little much for a nuwb, and i might want to go w/ a 10.5 or 13.5. well decided to get the 8.5 thinking then i wont want to upgrade 5 or 6 months. but there where 2 8.5t's. one read LRP SXX compition ESC and Vector X-12 brushless motor (8.5t)$319.99. and the other read LRP SXX TC spec ESC and Vector X-12 brushless motor (8.5t) $289.99. couldnt tell by readig the description, but whats the diff. in these 2 combos and which ones the best for me, proballly going to be bashing (not so much bash involved though) then maybe after my skill improves trying to race it.. my next question involves the batteries. i wanted to stick w/ AE products so i was recomended the Reedy sadle packs in the 5000mah and 25-35c range. i found one for$119 99 but my Q is, what kind of charger will i need? i have a superbrain 989 but it wont balance lipo's so will i need a new charger that will balance as well? these are my new questions hope some one of u guys can help. thanx,clay unruh
Old 06-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

I'd go towards the Tekin RS Pro Esc and the 6.5 Tekin motor. Don't fear horsepower even if your new. Unfortuneatly the RS is useless without the Tekin Hotwire, and you'll need a very good Hakko 636 solder station to solder it up.

With a little practice the B44 can handle alot of power. There isn't a motor out there that a B44 can't melt into a puddle and feel like it's too much power. Mine allways felt slow even with a 5.5. The car handles power that well.

Don't bash with a B44, ever. Go straight to the track. Get a Slash 4x4 for bashing, chances are you can race those out your ways anyway. Bashing a B44 is the same as throwing your wallet in your fireplace. Save your B44 for days when you can get to the track. It sits so low that bashing it even on the street will tear it up. Not to mention thats kinda easy and boring with a car as good as a b44 anyway.

Check out Turnigy chargers from Hobbycity.com. They are very popular and suspiciously similar to Hyperion and Much More's very expensicve chargers. They're only $40 but you'll need a Dc power source. I use a real car battery or DC power supply. Amainhobbies.com has balence adapters that fit these chargers. should be the same adapters Hyperion uses. So if you look for Hyperion accesories at Amain you should find them. You'll have to figure out what taps your batteries take. (Just get one of each type of tap you can find) Hobbycity is a great place for theos Taps, only $0.99, but they are out of stock.

The Reedy battery fits well, works well, and is pricey. Hobbycity deos have a hardcase Turnigy saddle pack, search for hardcase, but you will have to play with the battery hold downs to fit it. I haven't tried it. I just permanently mounted a reedy pack in mine. I never pull it between rounds, I just hook the car to my charger.
If your truely new there are way better cars to start with. Slash, Sc10, T4, etc.

Last edited by Zerodefect; 06-21-2010 at 04:07 PM.