Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mamba Monster any better than Tekin?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 04:17 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default mamba monster

i have had good luck with them (mamba monster) I own 2 systems and the blower system, that they replayed just this week with a new system. customer service is great and fast!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77
i have had good luck with them (mamba monster) I own 2 systems and the blower system, that they replayed just this week with a new system. customer service is great and fast!!!!!!
+1....some of the guys i race with have 2 or 3 tekins in their pit box because the were failing so often...I will stick with mamba.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

yea id go with the xerun 150a with a tekin motor....im the only person who has burnt up a Xerun esc

and i have tried and fried everything else as well...well i havent tried a rx8 esc but would like too
Old 05-28-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Every RC racer of 1/8th scale should have a Mamba Monster ESC At least as a backup.

I use to run novak for 1/8th scale but the esc kept smoking and even burned up my car, my setup was agreed to by novak teck support so it wasn't anything I did. I spun about ten rotors loose from the magnet from running badlands at the local park with a 4 cell lipo. That's when I gave castle a try. Sure I went through a couple early model version 3 mamba monster escs, but castle warranty for one year was awesome. I bought there 2650kv buggy motor though some run the longer motor 2200kv, that's just personal preference. I just ordered the 1409 1Y 3600kv motor for my 1/8th scale Hyper 9e from the castle creations web site, I only run one two cell in my buggy, though on larger tracks like Revelation Raceway I will use one thunder power 50c three cell lipo. Though I'm going to buy some max amps green series lifePo4 technology batteries because they can take a 15c charge rate, which depending on how many mah you buy, could be up to a 67amp charge rate. I already ordered two 30amp powerLab 8 chargers. I was considering buying the Momba monster pro, I think it's called, but I'm not interested in buying an external bec. I like that when the castle esc's go out, they never, or I've never had one catch fire. As for the motors, steve neu makes them and he's the best of the best in my opinion. At the moment, I'm sticking with my momba monster, after the one year waranty, it's a flat rate of $70.oo dollars to fix and that gives you a brand new aditional one year waranty. Castle has always been a company run by engineers, I think there is a big advantage to that. No BS for one. I haven't tried any other company, but Tekin looks nice, but is not on my list of contenders. It makes no sense to me why they're motors were or are having trouble with the magnet comming lose. And at first, tekin wasn't even taking care of many of the customer service problems. Now they do and maybe that's what really counts. It's your choice, and it sounds like you're sticking with tekin. If you continue to have problems, try picking up a castle creations mamba monster 2650kv motor esc combo for about $259.oo if you shop around. It's a brushless sensoreless system, but because this system reasonates at a much higher frequency than most sensoreless systems, it has zero coging isues. It's smooth and fast and fro
what I've read, sensoreless systems are much more efficient than sensored motor/esc combos such as the Tekin. Just a little food for thought. And keep in mind that I just oredered a 1409 1Y Neu/castle motor that will be higher rpm, smaller and lighter, and will be very fast with just a 2cell.

By the way, what kind of waranty does tekin offer, how long for their 1/8th scale systems. And once that waranty expires, what options do you have? So far I've found castles waranty offerings to be the best in the industry.

Also, castles motors are made to last ten years. That's what the engineer told me at castle. I believe his name is Bernie. And you can buy a rebuid kit from castles web site for $25.oo dollars comes with a brand new pinion shaft with new magnet, and two new oversized A-BEC I believe it is, bearings. One for front and one for rear. That's just sweet. Oh and they sell the esc housing for only $13.oo dollars if for any reason yours broke, and that price includes a new fan, I believe. Usually the fan alone cost more than that. Happy racing and don't forget to always, Let the good times roll.