Wiki Posts
Search

shock ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default shock ?

which shocks would be best for my rustler? the traxxas big bore shocks, or the integy piggy back shocks? the price are around the same.

heres the info on the traxxas big bores-
These fully assembled precision dampers use machined aluminum bodies for consistent action lap after punishing lap, with a hard-anodized finish for extra strength and a "factory works" look. Inside, TeflonŽ-coated shock bores reduce friction to nearly zero for instant suspension response, and dual silicone X-ring seals provide a perfect seal and super-smooth performance. The shock shafts are also premium-quality, and feature a titanium-nitride coating that resists scuffing, extends wear and reduces friction. The progressive-rate springs provide responsive control for small bumps, with a progressively stiffer rate to absorb harder impacts.

heres the integy piggyback shocks-

FEATURES: Aluminum Construction Threaded Aluminum Shock Bodies Piggyback Shock Oil Reservoir Knurled Spring Rate Adjuster Blue and Gun Metal in Color Aluminum Lower Spring Retainer Fully Assembled 2-Hole Shock Pistons Nylon Ball Ends w/Metal Ball

INCLUDES: Two Fully Assembled Piggyback Shocks Two Blue Springs Two Red Springs Two Shock Mounting Bushings Two 4-hole shock pistons Two Foam Compression Pads
Attached Thumbnails shock ?-intc5187.jpg   shock ?-5862_bigbore.jpg  
Old 05-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Stick with the Traxxas shocks. They are amazingly smooth, and weigh less due to the lack of the reservoir.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague
Stick with the Traxxas shocks. They are amazingly smooth, and weigh less due to the lack of the reservoir.
yea i hear and read they are smooth. the integys look sweeeet! don't get me wrong, but im looking for the best overall shocks, weight, performance,etc.....

if i get the traxxas big bores, i can just put my springs on them. i got the aluminum shock caps on my ultra shocks. will they fit on the big bores?
Old 05-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

wondering if the aluminum caps that go on the top of the shocks will fit the big bore shocks?
Old 05-15-2010, 01:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The stock plastic shocks are as good a performer as you're going to find for the rustler, once you've installed the aluminum caps.

Not real bling-y, but they work. Switching to an aluminum shock won't improve performance, and the piggy-backs will worsen it (higher cog).
Old 05-15-2010, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by runout_mick
The stock plastic shocks are as good a performer as you're going to find for the rustler, once you've installed the aluminum caps.

Not real bling-y, but they work. Switching to an aluminum shock won't improve performance, and the piggy-backs will worsen it (higher cog).
yea, i ordered the traxxas alum. big bores. i'll still have my stock shocks for back-ups. i just hope the blue alum. caps i got will fit.