Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Just want some help picking a second truck. >

Just want some help picking a second truck.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just want some help picking a second truck.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default Just want some help picking a second truck.

I have a losi 8ight t converted to electric and I want my wife to have a car so we can have some fun together. What do you think is a good choice? I have been thinking about getting a 1/10 but i'm not sure which one to choose out of the 100 plus models out there.

My thoughts thus far.
-Really thinking about getting a e-revo but the revo can be a pain to work on sometimes (i owned one before) plus me having a 8ight-t already i cant see getting this but i really like them. Plus the price is gonna be high to get it rtr. I would like to stay under $400 without batteries etc.

-Slash or comparable model- only problem is i rarely go to a track, just bashing in grass

Any ideas or suggestions???

Yes this will be my wifes truck aka my 2nd truck

Thanks!!
Old 04-25-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Just bashing you would have to go with a slash.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I would get a Jammin SCRT10 since you have a Losi and a general understanding of the 3 diffs. You can get it setup for about 400 without batteries if you go conservative on the servo, esc and motor. The part that sucks is once you give it to your wife it will be hard to take it back cause you will like it that much. It's a sweet little ride.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by richracer2
I have a losi 8ight t converted to electric and I want my wife to have a car so we can have some fun together. What do you think is a good choice? I have been thinking about getting a 1/10 but i'm not sure which one to choose out of the 100 plus models out there.

My thoughts thus far.
-Really thinking about getting a e-revo but the revo can be a pain to work on sometimes (i owned one before) plus me having a 8ight-t already i cant see getting this but i really like them. Plus the price is gonna be high to get it rtr. I would like to stay under $400 without batteries etc.

-Slash or comparable model- only problem is i rarely go to a track, just bashing in grass

Any ideas or suggestions???

Yes this will be my wifes truck aka my 2nd truck

Thanks!!
You have an 8ight-t get an 8ight-b of the same model (1.0/2.0) lots of parts cross over, can keep the tool box light

If that doesn't float your boat I would get a SC10 or Blitz and work into the fun short course market.. if you plan on racing distance yourself from the slash, they act as obsticles on most race tracks these days.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Yah, if its for your wife get something that's easy to drive "And doesnt break real easy"... then get a slash, plus it sounds like that's what you want anyways...lol
Old 04-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My GF has got a Blitz with Spektrum DSM.... we only have 280 in it and she loves it... hasnt broken a thing yet either! The Blitz she has is actually my old one.... but once I gave it to her I missed it so much I bought myself a new one... They are a GREAT truck. Pretty much as durable as a Slash if you put the RPM Arms on it with handling like an SC10
Old 04-26-2010, 01:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The 2x4's don't go very well in grass and they get hot! I'd say your right on with the erevo but I prefer the savage flux or flux xl! Brushless Erevos are great also! Better get both lol!
Old 04-26-2010, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Thanks guys!!

Still not sure but it's looking like I may just get a slash 4x4. I was surfing the web and saw they are a little less than $400 plus a battery, 2.4 ghz, and a charger (i think.... can't quite remember).

The Jammin SRCT10 looks very tempting though. I still need to look up the price on those.