Wiki Posts
Search

Avante Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Avante Parts

Hi
I have two Tamiya Avante that need repairs, the manual lists the parts as A1 and A2( front gearbox housing). I am after 2 of each and also the part listed as B5. Is there anybody that can help with? Or is this a lost cause?
Old 04-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

eBay is proabably going to be your best bet. You might be able to find the parts seperately, but your probably going to have to buy a whole car or a parts car, and it is going to cost a pretty penny. Avantes are an often sought after collectors item. Also check out www.tamiyaclub.com/ and www.rc10talk.com/ as those forums are about vintage cars.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I did some searching, what is it? Mkii, mkiii
there are a few kits on eBay and google but you need the model name since there are a bunch of versions of the Tamiya Avante. Good luck! Do a search on eBay and make sure your settings allow searching outside the USA and you probebly have better luck!
Old 04-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Jstall7543
I did some searching, what is it? Mkii, mkiii
there are a few kits on eBay and google but you need the model name since there are a bunch of versions of the Tamiya Avante. Good luck! Do a search on eBay and make sure your settings allow searching outside the USA and you probebly have better luck!
It's the original 58072 model, thanks for the idea of ebay.