Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motor Turns

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? Motor Turns

Seems to me that the stock Titan 12t motor in the traxxas slash is a great motor, but i still wanna try something new, since 2wd isnt great for off roading i wanna gear it to road courses, the 1 near me has short straightaway in my opinion, maybe 50 feet. Should i go higher for acceleration, or lower for speed? Has anyone else out there changed their stock motor besides to brushless velineon? If so what type and how has it been doing?
Old 03-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by irishwulf
Seems to me that the stock Titan 12t motor in the traxxas slash is a great motor, but i still wanna try something new, since 2wd isnt great for off roading i wanna gear it to road courses, the 1 near me has short straightaway in my opinion, maybe 50 feet. Should i go higher for acceleration, or lower for speed? Has anyone else out there changed their stock motor besides to brushless velineon? If so what type and how has it been doing?
IMO, the stock 18t pinion is the tallest you should gear a Slash w/12t Titan. Gearing taller will smoke the motor a lot quicker, and won't add much performance unless you are just playing in the street and want nothing but top end.

All kinds are brushless systems are being used. Even a basic 13.5 would be a step up in performance. I put a Castle Mamba systems in my kid's and turn the EPA down to mimic stock Slash speeds for them... but I can turn it up for me