Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
RC10B4 Steering Question >

RC10B4 Steering Question

RC10B4 Steering Question

Old 02-25-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? RC10B4 Steering Question

I finally got my RC10B4 up and running. After trimming out the steering via radio I noticed it's still curving to the left when I throttle. When I go full throttle the car does not go straight and I constantly have to adjust.

Could this have anything to do with the differential? I feel like the left rear wheel is spinning faster than the right which could be causing it to go left constantly.

The wheel camber seems fine. I used the camber tool that came with the RC10B4 kit and made sure everything looked correct.

Am I missing something?
Old 02-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Check your rear hub bearings, most likely have one binding, causing the pull to one side. Could be in the transmission but not as likely. Also check to see that your suspension is free and smooth, suspension bind becomes "tweak", uneven weighting of the wheels left to right.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
Check your rear hub bearings, most likely have one binding, causing the pull to one side. Could be in the transmission but not as likely. Also check to see that your suspension is free and smooth, suspension bind becomes "tweak", uneven weighting of the wheels left to right.
+1. Sounds like u have bad bearing in the hub. The bearings seem to get gritty very quickly.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I had a similar problem years ago with my B4. I found that the problem was the transmission case.

I was bolting the two halves too tight, as such, causing the transmission case to warp when bolted closed... It was causing one side to bind, as others have suggested...

If your bearings seem fine, try loosening up the transmission bolts (not too loose that it's coming apart). Try gunning it and see if it tracks straight...

If the transmission case is too tightly bolted, loosen up the bolt but apply a small amount of thread lock at the end of the bolts to make sure they don't back out of the motor mount...
Old 02-26-2010, 04:12 AM
Tech Regular

Also check that all your suspension components are identical side to side (shocks mounted in same holes, etc...) and nothing is broken/ cracked.. This can also cause side pull...
Old 02-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for these excellent suggestions! I'm going to take a look this weekend when I have some time.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Make sure you put the hub spacers on the same side of the hub on both sides as well. I have also heard that over tightening the diff case can cause issues. Good luck!