Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Guesses on when Associated will release their next 2wd buggy? >

Guesses on when Associated will release their next 2wd buggy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guesses on when Associated will release their next 2wd buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Armaan
Well, to make more money. Not in our best interests as hobbyists, but let's delve into some hypothetical numbers:

Say that Associated sold 65,000 RC10B4's over those course of its production run. If they were to release an RC10B5, how many of those RC10B4's would be "replaced" by their owners? I'd estimate about 45,000, or a little more than two thirds.

When AE released the RC10B4, I'm sure the RC10B3 owners stepped up to the newer buggy. Associated essentially increased the revenue they saw with the 2WD Buggy platform. Is the RC10B3 still competitive? Sure. Do people still run it at your local track? Probably not.

It would be interesting to see a new buggy though. I have no complaints about my B4 or T4, especially with the advancements in battery, motor and speed control technology.
It would cost more money to develop, build, market, and distribute a new buggy than it would to just go with what they already have in place, especially when it is still winning championships, and is still ultra competitive.

People do not run the b3, as the b4 is a better buggy all around. B3 parts are not as readily available and its becoming harder to find parts, especially stocked at any lhs.

I own a b3, use it on occasion, and though I havent raced 2wd buggy in a while, I have owned several b4's and t4's. They just wear out after a while and its nice to start fresh every once in a while.

Motor and battery advancments, thats an easy one. They will not intentionally make the buggy heavy, so if your running lipo, your still going to have to add weight. Motor technology, thats simple too. Current transmission and drive lines already handle the abuse of brushless and lipo configurations, so whats to improve.

You simply stated it best in the begining. Its not in the consumers best intrest.

Originally Posted by Timmerica
Well said! Furthermore, the reason we see new classes such as short course and rock crawlers is because the RC manufacturers have to keep us excited about something new so they have something people want to buy.
? That makes no sence. SC and Crawlers have nothing to do with 2wd buggy. Excited by a different class, or attracting newbs, but 2wd buggy has been around since the begining of rc, and will remain one of the hardest, most competitive classes around. They dont need a new B5 to re start the 2wd buggy class.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:25 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i think i'm not alone in being overjoyed that this class of car doesnt change every 8-12mths and folks can run cars til they cant run anymore very inexpensively. the manufs know they can make $ on parts and the fact that folks in this class too like to switch cars and try somethin different and beyond all that come back for another car when theirs becomes tired.

R
Old 01-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I don't see the the B4 being replaced at all. They would have to build something radically different as the current platform is exceptional. They may sell upgraded units with refinements but I doubt something all new is even on the horizon especially since SC seems to be the hot ticket. The buggy classes are getting so sparse that all the tracks that I go to run all classes of buggies & truggies (2 & 4wd) together in order to get one full heat. AE would be smart in spending their R&D money on a 4x4 SC.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Well, guess will wait and see. I want the "winning edge":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kzbE6CTKrQ
Old 01-20-2010, 11:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Armaan
Well, guess will wait and see. I want the "winning edge":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kzbE6CTKrQ
Awesome Link!
Old 01-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Totally...those were the days man...see that clip of them machining/drilling out the Gold tubs?? I remember cutting out pictures of the the Hobby Shack fliers that featured the newspaper-like print of the RC10 around the 6th grade...man, those were fun times.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

id like to see associated get together with xfactory for a rc10b4m (m for mid)
Old 01-22-2010, 03:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The B4 is a great car and the X-6 Squared has some great characteristics but it is the AE shocks that ruin these cars. With a upgrade of shocks to the quility of Kyosho's the B4 would be a NEW car.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

"It starts as a TOY and becomes a HOBBY, now it's your Sunday ceremony."

Wildman, that was my motorcycle & Angeles Crest a decade ago.
Now it's RC cars (and Newcomb's is closing).

Much safer, though in truth, more expensive than maintaining 2 high powered motorcycles (tires, fuel, visors, etc.).

Fun, but not nearly the same thrill though.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I miss the old days when A/E would show up with some bad ass prototype (like at the 89 and 91 Worlds) that nobody could get there hands on....
Old 01-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I totally agree johnnyboy!!! It is nice knowing that the cars cav/tebo etc. are running is 99% what you can buy and run. BUT... I really miss when you show at a big race there are a handful of prototype parts being tested, maybe a new rear or frontend or a whole new car. I didnt care if I couldnt get the parts yet and they beat with it, I mean thats their job. 1/10th racing really needs new parts and cars to get excited about again. What keeps the everyday racers fueled is the excitement of new cars and parts coming out. We need new stuff to keep us interested and buying stuff.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Tebo always has something new on his car...you just have to look really hard at it.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

cant wait to figure out where im moving to i miss racing rc.... hopefully be setup about the time a new car comes out from losi or associated lol

just wanna see something "new and revolutionary"
Old 01-23-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jake S
cant wait to figure out where im moving to i miss racing rc.... hopefully be setup about the time a new car comes out from losi or associated lol

just wanna see something "new and revolutionary"
Move to Cali. Its the Mecca of RC. We have plenty of room here.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I think after CRCRC, AE should have learned that their shocks hurt any chance of them winning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.