Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twelvegauge
I'll take some pics later today.
The c clip is fully seated and thrust barrings are in correctly I'M POSITIVE.
I rebuilt the diff with ceramic balls and it felt like there was spot it was tighter when turning it out of the car.
Are there any other manufacturer rings that will fit the diff, something available?
Schumacher c clips fit they are better.

part U2631
Old 10-23-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

It seems a few people are having diff issues. One guy at my local track is saying his diff keeps on coming loose. I'll be running mines for the first today. I hope I don't have any diff issues.

In regards of the diff ring, u have to be careful not to loose too much of the ring's tension when inserting the ring in the diff. This can happen of you are not using ring pliers, in which I'm sure most of us are not using.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default diff fix

I fixed my diff problem, put an associated sc10 gear diff in works great.
Sorry T.D.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

The sway bar works too
Old 10-23-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I'll take some pics later today.
The c clip is fully seated and thrust barrings are in correctly I'M POSITIVE.
I rebuilt the diff with ceramic balls and it felt like there was spot it was tighter when turning it out of the car.
Are there any other manufacturer rings that will fit the diff, something available?
This is what you get when the Cclip isn't in exactly right, which will create a high point and low point in the tension on the thrust. Iv had that exact same thing happen to me when building my cougar diffs (same type of diff with the circlip and all) You certainly have the diff built incorrectly.

Sorry T.D.
That's a total shame... the 210 diff is by FAR the best diff I have ever had in any RC. I went full ceramic all the way around, and you can run the diff super tight (if you want) and it is SUPER SUPER smooth.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Lord

edited as to not confused people.

Last edited by Cpt.America; 12-03-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Adept

K
Sorry T.D.
Dude TD diff is awesome, must have been some in the way it was built
Old 10-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
[B]

-aggressive, but very stable and in control
-I could push the car harder without worrying about it getting wild
-lands better than any buggy iv owned, by a large margin. If you miss the downside, it doesn't bounce up and spin out, it just keeps going
-for some reason, hitting the gas hard in mid-air doesn't bring the nose up very well, like it does on my other buggies. Maybe because I am under-geared?This is in part due to the RM4 config. I noticed it as well. IT's just something to get used to.
-stock rear springs are too short. at 23mm ride height, the shock collars are almost off the bottom of the threads. If you wanted 25mm, im not sure you could do it.Odd, I have my collars almost near the middle. I have plenty of threads left.
-seems to respond very well to setup changes
-stock ballcups are a disaster
-i couldn't really "feel" the difference with the RM4. I think i would need to go back and forth between RM3 and RM4 directly, to be able to tell. It's quite a large change. Go Rm3 next time out, trust me you'll notice.
-and the most surprising thing of all... it generated almost zero interest as the only 210 at my track. heh..
Ideas/thoughts in red.

I never popped a ball cup off. I feel these are a huge improvement over the originals on the 410 and SC.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I will be using the original ball cups on my 210. I've never had one come off, I think the reason is the are a little softer and will flex before they actually come off. The new HD's are too stiff to give you any room for mistakes.

Our team drive Justin popped one off last night, he's never had a problem with the old ones on his DESC410 or DEX410.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JayBuc
K

Dude TD diff is awesome, must have been some in the way it was built
A sponsored driver at the track im at now is having the same problem. Says my diff looks ok to him no obstructions.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

Raced all weekend at the local club (Indoors, high grip carpet with plenty of jumps). Ran friday night, which included two hours open practice before, then stayed after for a couple of hours. Then saturday afternoon, followed by racing on sunday. Quite a lot of racing/practicing!

Mine and a freinds car had no serious issues in all the running, only a ball stud popping of my car after hitting a track marker at full speed, popped the cup back on and it didn't come off again. Diffs still feel very good, no breakages, no worn parts, ready to run again next week.

Quite a few people drove mine and my friends car, all said the cars were very easy to drive and still very fast.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

My first race last night there were a few issues. One was the driver, at a new track. But lets put that aside:

Minus:
1. Ball cup popped off 3 times, Right steering wheel side. and Left rear turnbuckle completey came off. And trust me I did not hit anything. There were a few people that were shocked.

2. Spur, was fighting some timing issues and gearing becuase there was a 87t spur in there. Anyone try associated yet? May mill one tomorrow.

3. Was dissipointed in the shock dampening, I am fairly new to 2wd buggy and just think that is was lazy for TD to not include a variety of pre drilled pistons.

4. This car is not going to be newb friendly. I work on my DEX410 alot and this car is going in the same direction.

5. Lack of setups out there. Thanks Randy for posting yours.

Plus:

1.) Durable. besides turnbuckles.

2.) drivetrain is #1 in my book. Diff is amazing.

3.) rear wheels are a plus. no more wobble

4.) stable and jumps like a champ

5.) alot of adjustmets can be made to this car and is definatly a tinkerers car.

My thoughts for now. I am just chasing a setup.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by TAMAK
Minus:
1. Ball cup popped off 3 times, Right steering wheel side. and Left rear turnbuckle completey came off. And trust me I did not hit anything. There were a few people that were shocked.
Yep.. i experienced the same thing. My car would do a normal ol' traction roll on a medium/slow speed turn, roll over once, and pop a ball cup. People couldn't believe it. If I can't find a different solution to the ball cup problem, this car will be on the used market really fast. Because in a tight race, 1 ball cup pop = u lose. So no matter HOW good the car is.... this issue will be a deal breaker.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You guys that are looking for setups try www.petitrc.com and remember that the car is new there aren't that many setups by team drivers as other cars.

Give it a bit of time.

I have not had a problem with my ball cup.
I have heard that the losi ones are really good

Have a look at oOple.com as well for durango info Uk based and very informative
Old 10-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by TAMAK
3. Was dissipointed in the shock dampening, I am fairly new to 2wd buggy and just think that is was lazy for TD to not include a variety of pre drilled pistons.
I am running the instruction book pistons.. with AE 35 in front, and 30 in the rear, and it feel really good. (stock springs too)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.