Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 12:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter george
I call mine a DEX210.PR FM. Can't wait till next race day to take ol Betsy out shelf queen status and run that girl hard like the dirty girl she is ! Im also using Gullwing B5m front arms and C- hubs right out of a b5m so I can also run hex's in the front .
Nice. What size limiters are you running. I remember a ton of droop with the b5m arms
Old 12-15-2017, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by banx
I destroyed my knee at hockey
glad I live in canada and have extended health through my employer.
Now here's a surprise! Sorry, couldn't resist. Hope your knee gets well and you'll enjoy the recovery time with your other hobby!
Old 12-15-2017, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

lol I think i will.

czrlaker thanks for that link, I also purchased those hubs.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:30 PM
Tech Adept

well I thought my buggy was track ready, then I stumbled across this thread friday afternoon. 26 ounces of crown royal and three days later i'm on page 112.

Tune With Camber Links

poured all the oil out of my shocks just now. time to start again.

any of you guys try this technique?
Old 12-18-2017, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I never fully explained everything there. I ended up spending more and more time arguing with people that believe the key to success is to copy setup sheets and I finally just gave up trying to help anyone.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fredswain
I never fully explained everything there. I ended up spending more and more time arguing with people that believe the key to success is to copy setup sheets and I finally just gave up trying to help anyone.

Well, like the many others in the thread, thank you for sharing that information.
It made a lot of sense.... and that craig fellow added to the conversation quite well.

Theres a lot of information on that thread, and this one too, that is incredibly helpful.

reducing kickup. having the hubs all the way etc etc. I'm not sure how many hours of track time I would have to have before I came to those conclusions, if I would at all.

Last edited by banx; 12-22-2017 at 08:20 AM.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

peter george or coaltrain, have you had a chance to try the buggy with the laydown yet?

if your happy with the conversion, I will try it out as well.

I cut some side pods up and mounted the battery sideways when I balanced the buggy after coming across that camber length thread.
EbbTide likes this.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I was able to get my ExoDex210v3 on the track over the weekend and had a blast with it I didn't get punted this time either so my Exotek goodies are still straight and true lol. I didn't have the right tires though so I didn't get to push as hard as I would have liked but I could feel that the setup was good for the track. Just needed to put some slicks on and it would have been tearing around like mad. If things keep going well for me, I may even throw my hat into the next series race since I have two weeks I think until the first race. Enough time for some practice and setup changes!
Old 12-26-2017, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

great news man. I have yet to try them, but I grabbed a set of the proline primes in clay compound. they definitely feel stickier than say a regular off road tire and quite a bit firmer foam.

you should definitely give the race a try. two weeks would be a decent amount of time to prep.
EbbTide likes this.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

great news man. I have yet to try them, but I grabbed a set of the proline primes in clay compound. they definitely feel stickier than say a regular off road tire and quite a bit firmer foam.

you should definitely give the race a try. two weeks would be a decent amount of time to prep.
The Primes work wonders in the colder weather apparently. I had Positrons because that's what everyone had been using over the summer but now it seems Primes are the best tire for us while it's cold and the track holds the moisture more. At least that's the explanation I got lol I was able to try Primes on my 4wd buggy the same day and the difference was huge.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

thanks for the info on tires. At the track here (carpet) its smoothies from j concepts and primes.

those positrons look great. how is there wear on these types of tires compared to running on dirt?
Old 12-27-2017, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

thanks for the info on tires. At the track here (carpet) its smoothies from j concepts and primes.

those positrons look great. how is there wear on these types of tires compared to running on dirt?
I don't think I can help there as I only get to run on one surface and that is clay. But from my experience on clay the positrons last a damn good amount of time in spec racing. Both front and rear positrons for my dex210 look almost new as far as the tread goes and those tires have had close to 10 battery packs through them. I didn't realize they were good on carpet though lol
Old 12-27-2017, 09:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Try Proline Pinpoints in the rear. Best would be Proline prism. Front pro line wedge would be best (no foam) or a ribed tire with foam. Good luck.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

peter george or coaltrain, have you had a chance to try the buggy with the laydown yet?

if your happy with the conversion, I will try it out as well.

I cut some side pods up and mounted the battery sideways when I balanced the buggy after coming across that camber length thread.
I'm gonna try for the Sunday after next. Been a crazy couple of weeks plus the pop up ads keep redirecting me off the site. Will definitely post up some feedback on it as soon as I ride that reborn little buggy
EbbTide likes this.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by czrlaker
Try Proline Pinpoints in the rear. Best would be Proline prism. Front pro line wedge would be best (no foam) or a ribed tire with foam. Good luck.
thanks for that. unfortunately, the track I will be at does not allow pin type tyres. only slicks, or worn down tires to point they are slicks.

have to run a chassis protector too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.