Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
We only race mod around here. I'm pretty sure these packs would put their buggies under the minimum weight for say a ROAR event but no one cares for club racing.
In that case I think I may try to offload one of my SMC shorties to try one of those if this Fantom does what I want it to
Old 08-12-2017, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Thank god for humanity. A shop in Great Britain was kind enough to ship me their last two pairs of exotek flite front axles and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg

And I may have also found a way to use exotek HBd413 front 12mm hexes with the durango 12mm axle set. I know for sure the hex fits on the axle and can secure the pin. But I'm waiting on some crush spacers before I can actually mount everything.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:03 PM
jcr
Tech Regular

So if I was going to make my own front shock tower, I was thinking of something like this, where the chamber links are mounted differently.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-frontt-shock-tower.jpg  
Old 08-12-2017, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jcr
So if I was going to make my own front shock tower, I was thinking of something like this, where the chamber links are mounted differently.
I like it. If it is gonna be carbon then sign me up for one
Old 08-12-2017, 04:28 PM
jcr
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EbbTide
I like it. If it is gonna be carbon then sign me up for one
Don't have access to carbon or carbon cutting yet. Was thinking of doing 6061 Aluminum in 1/8" thick.

Not sure if I should add more shock adjustment holes.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jcr
Don't have access to carbon or carbon cutting yet. Was thinking of doing 6061 Aluminum in 1/8" thick.

Not sure if I should add more shock adjustment holes.
I feel like that should be plenty. Less is more in my opinion
Old 08-12-2017, 09:35 PM
jcr
Tech Regular

Here is a sample of it. Might need some tweaks
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-20170813_000032.jpg  
Old 08-12-2017, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jcr
Looking good man if you could make a type b rear tower too that'd be sweet.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

I came to a sad realization today. I may need to swap my Maclan Mmax pro out for a simple Justock ESC. The Maclan might just be too fat for the weight distribution I want. And it's kinda hard to lighten the front without going back to a plastic steering rack. Which I refuse to do.

So first I am going to try 14ga wire, as well as trying to route it a bit tighter. And I have added a rear brass weight to put as much weight directly in the rear as possible. Which was made viable by losing weight on the battery. I just hope this Gives me the weight bias I was hoping for. Really trying to be more 35/65. Right now I'm stuck at 38/62. I might have to consider one of my lighter ESC's ;-; Dang it Maclan just release the Pico already
\
EDIT: In case anyone can answer this. If I use servo tape to hold my battery down and leave the battery brace OFF of the buggy, would that potentially give the chassis more flex and make it a little more forgiving on bumpier tracks?

Last edited by EbbTide; 08-13-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jcr
Looking good. For better geometry, raise the mounting holes for the shocks about 3 to 4 mm, will give the car the correct uptravel it widen it 2mm.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Gearcovers and front skids to last me a while I think If you need a cover, hit up Bugle Boy Racing. They've got 10 left. Shipping isn't too bad to the U.S. either.

Old 08-14-2017, 01:55 PM
Tech Adept

jcr, you can buy carbon fibre sheets for cheap on aliexpress.com

the quality is decent. I have a nice sheet of 3mm that I was going to make towers for. approx 2mm taller than stock v1 towers. and have camber marked like the pic you posted.

if you go to petitrc. you can see several custom towers that were done by other racers. I was going to copy those.

i posted pics a few weeks back but phobucket jacked my stuff.

carbon cuts easy as well with a dremel, just wear a dust mask.

Last edited by banx; 08-14-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:42 PM
jcr
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by banx
jcr, you can buy carbon fibre sheets for cheap on aliexpress.com

the quality is decent. I have a nice sheet of 3mm that I was going to make towers for. approx 2mm taller than stock v1 towers. and have camber marked like the pic you posted.

if you go to petitrc. you can see several custom towers that were done by other racers. I was going to copy those.

i posted pics a few weeks back but phobucket jacked my stuff.

carbon cuts easy as well with a dremel, just wear a dust mask.
OK I'll have to look into it. I guess the Petitrc one is just a picture not a CAD file?
Old 08-15-2017, 10:51 PM
Tech Addict

Man there's some cool stuff showing up here lol. A six wheeler? Damn!

Reading back a few pages:

De racing is pretty much the go to for wheels other than stock. The only wheels for Durango that are hard to find from them are DEST210R wheels in black. Everything else is readily available direct or virtually everywhere else.

Parts: These have proven to be pretty solid little buggies. I don't think they have a Durango specific weak point. Just the same type parts one would stock up on for any other buggy. There was an issue with the slipper spacer a while back but once you change it from the silver to the bronze colored one the problem is gone.

As far as 3D printing, hasn't durability been the number one issue that people have been trying to figure out? I know the chemical composition of the plastics used in the suspension parts for these race cars , from all brands, is a science in itself. Tuning for flex vs durability, stiffness vs impact resistance etc.

As the summer ticks down I'm getting excited about shipping all these bodys to Team Blue Groove! I'm still sitting at 2 major ones missing.

DEX8T - Somehow this slipped by me. I was stoked when I found a DNX408T and somehow forgot the new one. I haven't been able to find this one yet. I did find a NIB kit up in Alaska or something so if it comes down to the wire......Any help would be awesome!!

DEX210V3 - Still no luck with this one. There are some NIB kits available in Australia but they want $100 US to ship. So I'd be buying a $349 US kit I don't need AND paying an additional $100 US to ship it....$449 US is a lot to pay for a body. I may talk myself into buying it anyway to use as a 17.5 SPEC car but even then.....Any help would be awesome.

I know it sucks but if anyone is holding an uncut body for either of the above...I beg you to take one for the team and let me buy it. I'll pay you well AND send you a brand new reproduction body from TBG. We all win.

I'll be contacting TBG in September to get the actual date they need the bodys to make the new molds. Times a ticking! Lol
Old 08-16-2017, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Does anyone have one of these that they'd be willing to sell?

for Team Durango DEX210 DESC210 #1383, ,(1383) by Exotek Racing Alloy Aluminum RR LRC HANGER TYPE B CHASSIS

Doesn't look like Exotek sells the 0 degree version anymore and I don't want to wait a month for one to come from Asia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.