Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 01:34 PM
Tech Addict

https://beachrc.com/steering-knuckle-bushing-dex410-4/

Originally Posted by ji48
can somebody can tell me if there are some parts replacement for the DEX210 TD340004 steering knuckle bushing , there is noting on the net.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

My workbench was messy since I had just finished but this is a little teaser for my nearly finished ExoDex210. I went ahead and ground off the nub on the bellcrank and all is well now with my preferred servo horn

By the grace of God I get to have a full practice day this Saturday and I've been busting my hump getting this soldered and setup in the last two days. Just waiting on my shorter ESC --> RX cable and I'm ready for action!
Old 07-12-2017, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EbbTide
My workbench was messy since I had just finished but this is a little teaser for my nearly finished ExoDex210. I went ahead and ground off the nub on the bellcrank and all is well now with my preferred servo horn

By the grace of God I get to have a full practice day this Saturday and I've been busting my hump getting this soldered and setup in the last two days. Just waiting on my shorter ESC --> RX cable and I'm ready for action!
It looks great and all the best for the upcomming practis day!
I'm always happy to see another Durango, but they realy getting rar...
Old 07-12-2017, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by micholix
It looks great and all the best for the upcomming practis day!
I'm always happy to see another Durango, but they realy getting rar...
Thank you! I hope this thing does decent so I don't have to chase a setup all day I am willing to bet I'll be the only Durango car at the track this weekend though sadly. As you said, it is becoming a rare breed =/
Old 07-12-2017, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

I'm sure, you will doing fine, the dex210 is such a great car and still very competitive in the right hands!
Do you still run freds changes on the car, like the taler desc front tower and longer shocks?
EbbTide likes this.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

I'm sure, you will doing fine, the dex210 is such a great car and still very competitive in the right hands!
Do you still run freds changes on the car, like the taler desc front tower and longer shocks?
Yes sir, everything on this Exotek DEX210 is courtesy of Fred and his modifications (aside from electronics) The only things I added was my own shock oil, and springs I think will work with our local track. I may switch to gear diff with two spider gears if I have trouble getting the ball diff to work for me.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:04 AM
Tech Addict

TD ball diff is great, if set correctly, just be sure, to not to put to much diff grease in it, like at the AE diffs and watch out, the tiny c-ring thing sits correctly, than you should be fin with it!
Less grease in the td ball diff is better than to much, just coat the balls, to keep them in place and a realy thin coat at the diff rings, thats it...

Geard diffs are good too, but to set them correctly to fit your track, will take some time.

What surface are you running at?
I prefere the ball diff.

Edit: if anyone is looking for those c-rings(sorry, i dont know the right word for it in english) in the td ball diffs, x-ray does have/make some, that are the same size, i'll look for a parts number and will post it here!?

Edit II: here is the parts # for the xray rings, that fits in the td ball diffs/ X966080, it should be a pack of 10 pcs, or so?

Hope that helps?
EbbTide likes this.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

TD ball diff is great, if set correctly, just be sure, to not to put to much diff grease in it, like at the AE diffs and watch out, the tiny c-ring thing sits correctly, than you should be fin with it!
Less grease in the td ball diff is better than to much, just coat the balls, to keep them in place and a realy thin coat at the diff rings, thats it...

Geard diffs a good to, but to set them correctly to fit your track, will take some time.

What surface are you running at?
I prefere the ball diff.
Thank you for the tips Micholix! That will help a bunch if I need to rebuild it soon.

I will be running this on medium-high bite clay that gets spritzed with water from time to time. I went with pink springs up front and dark blue in the rear with 27.5wt in the rear and 30wt up front.

Generally I prefer gear diffs because I find their setup to be a little more idiot proof lol. I have a good idea of what oil to use for my local track since I have another DEX210 that I setup for this track a year or two ago using a gear diff. But since Fred's 210 came with the ball diff installed I decided to give it a shot
Old 07-12-2017, 11:34 AM
Tech Addict

ok, i never ran at high- medium bite clay, our track was like old shool clay, we ran hole shots m3 at the rear and rib tires at the front, than they coated with congrete two, or three years ago, and at the end of last year they put astro over it, but did not run at the astro track this year too.

Do you have corner scales?
With up to 65/35, or close to that, you should be fine.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

ok, i never ran at high- medium bite clay, our track was like old shool clay, we ran hole shots m3 at the rear and rib tires at the front, than they coated with congrete two, or three years ago, and at the end of last year they put astro over it, but did not run at the astro track this year too.

Do you have corner scales?
With up to 65/35, or close to that, you should be fine.
I have not actually invested in scales yet. Do you think it'd be worth it to? If so, any recommendations on a set?

And is that 65 rear and 35 front? Sorry for the noob questions, just never actually tried to mess with weight bias in such a precise way.

thanks!
Old 07-12-2017, 03:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello someone knows any front wheels from team associated, proline or jconcepts that can fit to the front axle of a dex210v2?
Thanks for the help
Old 07-12-2017, 10:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As much as I like the car and I hate to say but it's not that competitive. The tlr and ae are half a second quicker at my local track and a lot easier to drive. I did a lot of testing with some very good drivers before I switched brands. The tlr is 3.0 is .2 quicker than the ae and just about as easy to drive. I prefer the ae myself just because I feel like it's a bit easier to drive and set up.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lucrec666
Hello someone knows any front wheels from team associated, proline or jconcepts that can fit to the front axle of a dex210v2?
Thanks for the help
Not sure if you like DE Racing but they still have tons of bearing wheels in stock at amain hobbies
Old 07-12-2017, 11:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EbbTide
I have not actually invested in scales yet. Do you think it'd be worth it to? If so, any recommendations on a set?

And is that 65 rear and 35 front? Sorry for the noob questions, just never actually tried to mess with weight bias in such a precise way.

thanks!
Corner scal is great to have, and its worth every cent! i hed got a great deal on the sky rc corner scale, nice featers there, as you see front/rear and left/right weight bias, ...
But you can use 4 single scales too.

Yes, its 60-65rear/40-35front, this works great for any 2wd, but you should look to get as close to 65/35, as you can, ...
This are my impressions, may for another person, this is to much rear bias?
EbbTide likes this.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lucrec666
Thanks for the help
Not sure about that, but td made some front axles for ae imperial bearing wheels, its parts# td330400, so you can use any ae bearing wheel, like from the b4.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.