Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 10:52 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doughty
I've cleared up a few points in various threads but its I thought it was worth answering directly here too, all the posts get lost in all the threads...

- Our focus on local level will be first of all stock and support, no one will bother running a car they can't get parts for... its impossible for this to happen overnight though but we do know its an issue right now.
- Our focus is also on you guys, reaching out more for customer feedback, allowing you guys to put through your ideas into our development.
- We still have a group of talented development drivers, the same ones who have developed the TD race cars for the past few years.
- All of our Production designers are still here. Gerd was our 'race team' engineer who's focus was on special parts for special tracks and special events

Durango is a company that is now focused on the essentials of an RC company. We have always been great at building competitive race cars, winning races and having success all over the world. but we are now moving our resources away paying to show how good are cars are and more towards investing in what customers want to help them do well where they race.

this is a subject that could go on and on, everyone will have their own view, we will see who is right and who is wrong in a couple of years.

this thread is about the DEX210(all versions) I think most people will find it most helpful if this continued in the helpful manner in which it has done for the past 1028 pages
Thanks for the nice reply..I've always liked my 210 but I pretty quit running it because it's not a good 17.5 car
Old 11-17-2014, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
Never said drivers were "designers" ..they just give feedback on "do the new parts work"..and on the "can't keep parts in stock" I understand that pro drivers cost money but keeping one or two on staff would be wise..and most "sponsored" drivers are at cost anyways..I don't know how your local racing scene is but where I'm at the 17.5 class is huge..mod is hit & miss. The Durango is not a good 17.5 car..great mod car. I had some luck with the Durango in the 13.5 class but not in the 17.5 class.
They said they still have development drivers.

A sponsored "pro" driver is a waste of time. Those guys will drive any car from any company that pays them and they have no problems switching from year to year if necessart. It would seem that competing companies picking up pro drivers from other companies would stand to gain more from that experience than the company that just lost them.

Last edited by fredswain; 11-17-2014 at 01:13 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks for the nice reply..I've always liked my 210 but I pretty quit running it because it's not a good 17.5 car
I know a guy that can make you a lightweight chassis to run your 210 in 17.5 *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Old 11-17-2014, 01:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

... it's not a good 17.5 car
I'm curious why you think that ?
Old 11-17-2014, 04:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
They said they still have development drivers.

A sponsored "pro" driver is a waste of time. Those guys will drive any car from any company that pays them and they have no problems switching from year to year if necessart. It would seem that competing companies picking up pro drivers from other companies would stand to gain more from that experience than the company that just lost them.
I understand that now on their development drivers... And you are 100% correct on the drivers..Lutz is proof of that..I find it amazing at how many "paid" drivers TLR has. Even associated has trimmed their crew down..
Old 11-18-2014, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

why do all cars essentially look the same? Where's the out of the box thinking? RC is a battle of the clone wars. Drivers are just that, drivers. They aren't engineers. There may be an exception somewhere but for the most part they are just people with raw talent for driving. Durango can't even keep parts in stock. Why pay drivers when you can't keep parts in stock?
Never said drivers were "designers" ..they just give feedback on "do the new parts work"..and on the "can't keep parts in stock" I understand that pro drivers cost money but keeping one or two on staff would be wise..and most "sponsored" drivers are at cost anyways..I don't know how your local racing scene is but where I'm at the 17.5 class is huge..mod is hit & miss. The Durango is not a good 17.5 car..great mod car. I had some luck with the Durango in the 13.5 class but not in the 17.5 class.
The DEX210 is comparable to the TLR22 or B5 in terms of weight. Do I don't think its the weight that is slowing you down.

When running 17.5 are you running either Rear Motor 3 or Mid Motor 3?
Less rotating mass running 3 gear rather than 4 gear.

Run the Avid Locked slipper mod.

Most of the time when running stock class, it is very dependent on Battery, Motor and rolling resistance.

Are you running a Team Powers 17.5 or Trinity D4 with a high torque rotors and ceramic bearings? Trust me it makes a big difference. I can gear much higher and have more acceleration and top speed with a high torque rotor installed.

Let's take setup out of the equation for now. Setup is a different story. If your car setup is off, it doesn't matter what you run. So here is the next question.... Is your top speed and acceleration the same as the other guys?

If no, then have you tried running 3 gear Mid or 3 gear Rear motor, and a locked slipper. This should help you get more punch out of the car.

You can also try - Upgrade your bearing to Abec 3 or Abec 5 or ceramics bearings. Use plastic internals for gear diff or use a ball diff.

Once you have similar acceleration and top speed, then you can just copy a setup that one of the guys uses and try from there.

Last edited by Dino_D; 11-20-2014 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

I understand that now on their development drivers... And you are 100% correct on the drivers..Lutz is proof of that..I find it amazing at how many "paid" drivers TLR has. Even associated has trimmed their crew down..

TLR always had a big team. AE just lost Manfield to Losi. I am sure they will have a good replacement driver to take his place.

But, I am actually surprised how many drivers HPI / Hotbodies picked up for 2015. Considering last year it was just TY. Its like NFL draft day for them in 2015. LOL.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Have you guys noticed this with the shocks mounted to the inside of the buggy that you cant get full throw without the middle of the turnbuckle hitting the Front springs ? I tryed mounting the shocks on the outside of the tower but the Front turnbuckle is in the way.

Im thinking mounting the steering links into the Rear hole on the steering rack holes.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yah mine does it to , dont forget moving your steering links on the plate will change your ackermann so you might have to change your setup a little.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
Yah mine does it to , dont forget moving your steering links on the plate will change your ackermann so you might have to change your setup a little.

Oh glad im not the only one that notices it . I can tell when im steering into corners it feels like its no full throw/understeer not turning sharp stinks that you cant mount the shocks in front of the tower. If i do close to full throw it flexs the front carriers since the turnbuckles are hitting the springs.

Yea im thinking moving the steering link toward the back on the Ackermann plate but maybe using the 1, 1mm plastic spacers behind the shock bushings on the tower to push out the shocks more so the turnbuckles wont interfere at full throw .
Old 11-19-2014, 02:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Hey all,

Just finished installing a gear diff, Revolution Design motor plate, and an Exotek +8mm carbon chassis. I could never get the car to run right w/ the ball diff so I finally gave up. The only thing I'm noticing now is that the clutch slips... I even tried tightening the bolt/spring near its max and it still does it. I'll try and include a video at some point so that maybe someone can help diagnose the issue. Thanks

Old 11-19-2014, 02:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by LoudOne
Hey all,

Just finished installing a gear diff, Revolution Design motor plate, and an Exotek +8mm carbon chassis. I could never get the car to run right w/ the ball diff so I finally gave up. The only thing I'm noticing now is that the clutch slips... I even tried tightening the bolt/spring near its max and it still does it. I'll try and include a video at some point so that maybe someone can help diagnose the issue. Thanks

Hi LoudOne,

Nice looking car!
For the slipper issue, have a look at you layshaft spacer, there was a running change, becaus the older on did worn and put two 5x7x0,2 mm shims behind the first slipper plate, like they did on the V2, that will help!
Old 11-19-2014, 06:23 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Hey all,

The slipper is a easy fix, use Associated # 9603 slipper pads, they fit perfect and are a little thicker than the TD pads. I also put two more small washers on the adjuster before the locknut goes on. This allows you to get a little more tension on the adjuster before running out of threads.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So I here from time to time that a Dex210 is a bit heavy for stock so will the plastic short chasis work on the v2
Old 11-19-2014, 08:41 AM
Tech Prophet

Hey all,

Man that's a nice buggy a lot of bling ! On the slipper take a look at the slipper pads to see if there is groves or a good amount of glaze on them if so replace them or just sand off the glaze . I just bought some B4 slipper pads to see if there better i know that there a different material to.

The stock slipper clutch it does seem like you need to tighten it down a good amount .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.