Wiki Posts
Search

charging a lipo battery

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default charging a lipo battery

i have a venom pro charger and a smc 2s 5200mah lipo battery and today i ran my slash for a bit but didnt drain the battery....now can i plug the battery into the charger and it will it detect that it has some power in it or will the charger over charge the battery
Old 12-28-2009, 09:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Lipos can be charged from where they're left off. There's no need for discharging. Just do not use it until under 3.2v.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by salabarria
i have a venom pro charger and a smc 2s 5200mah lipo battery and today i ran my slash for a bit but didnt drain the battery....now can i plug the battery into the charger and it will it detect that it has some power in it or will the charger over charge the battery
I would suggest getting a lipo cut off. it will shut the vehicle down when the battery reached the cut off point. great investment unless you speedo already had it built in.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Yes just plug it in and charge it up. If the charger is working properly then no, it will not overcharge your battery.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have venom Pro charger, it works great. it comes with balancer and heat senor for lipo battery when it gets hot then cuts off charger.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:43 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Your charger will not overcharge the batt. Lipo is safe charging as many times a day as you want with as little charger as is needed to fully charge them.

SMC does not recommend that their lipos sit fully charged for any length of time. Your charger should have a store mode so if you're not going to use this lipo pretty soon, you might want to use store mode and let charger bring it down to where SMC recommends they be stored.