Old 12-07-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Default kyosho RB VS RB5

what is the difference between the two?

just wondering what parts are interchangeable
Old 12-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The RB5 is the most current buggy available (actually the RB5-SP) and has been out for a few years now. There used to be an Ultima RB available in both a gas and electric version and the Ultima RB TYPE-R race buggy (the closest thing to the current RB5) which was pretty much available only in Japan and that was back in like 2002 or so I believe. The cars look very similar but I dont know how many parts (if any) are interchangeable. If you are looking at getting one to race, get the current RB5. Parts will be a lot easier to come by and there is a wealth of info available on-line if you have any questions about set ups.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Rookie

not getting into racing i just bought an RB for my kid and was looking for a body. did not know if any of them would fin or not.

there are what 4 different types in both GP and EP
RB
RB type R
RB5
and the newest RB?
Old 12-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The RB5 and current RB5 SP are basically the same car, the SP is just an updated "team" version of the original RB5. The current body for the RB5 or the SP would probably fit your old RB fine. The dimensions are probably pretty close. JConcepts has a nice Illuzion body for the RB5 part # jc0047 or you could go with a factory body from Kyosho part # UMB01 (std RB5) or UMB02 ( "SWORD" body for the SP). Good luck! Post up some pics if you can...also check out http://kyoshoforum.com