Wiki Posts
Search

Red Dot Slash Motors- 12T Titan 550

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxair45
...what does motor oil have to do with anything? I've accepted that people are going to run the best they can buy and its just fact of racing. I'm just a little curious on the oil as I work in a shop for a living and its free for me.
It's funny how you've been screaming for 4 pages about how this is cheating but the moment that doc's willing to give you a free tip that you can't figure out you want to know how you can cheat. he's saying use it to lube your bearings with cuz thats what he found to work. another thing i use to race in this class every week and now i just do it here and there when my other class doesn't have enough people or i just want to have sum fun. i find that the people that bitch the most about cheating are the ones that have the worst driving skills and can't beleive that just pure driving skills is what wins races in the class and thats it. i have personally seen one of the best slash racers at our track take his new slash that was purchased that day at the track shop and win the amain. 35 wt shock oil, unscuffed tires, banana plugs on the motor, completley box stock. he's the best advise i can give anyone in stock slash. Practice thats the secret, go to practice nite learn the best lines and suspension tricks. the point is the best motor secret, hottest packs, or tire tips won't help if your over shooting jumps, spining out in turns, and doing 50/50 grins down the tubes of the back straight.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Right on MURDEREDOUT, I am still learning but I have already had my "It's not the motor, it's the driver" experiences =) Put a bigger motor in my T4, ran slower laps, go figure? I couldn't control the darn thing.

And to Doc, thanks for offering a really cool service like this. I have only seen the tip of the iceberg on things one can do to to improve brushed motor performance without having access to the can. Though I would love to be able to learn all of the tricks, I just don't have the time or the know-how. This is great for someone like me who runs the stock class with other seasoned racers who all know how to squeeze as much out of their motors as possible. I have been through 3 Titans and they have all run differently from the packaging. It would be nice to depend on consistent performance.

I do everything I can to make my truck faster, within the rules... from figuring out which shock oils to use, to toe-in and camber settings, to weight and ride height... motor is just another thing on that list. It seems to me that if you aren't doing these things to go faster then you don't care and aren't trying. Sorry if that comes off harsh.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

For those who may be interested, we still have a few Red Dot Slash motors available from the production run that ships next week.

This will be the last production run until at least late February.

Interested parties should send me an e-mail at [email protected]
Old 01-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

for the test you did, was one of the oils you tested Tribo?
Old 01-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Email sent.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Cain: yes, it was
Dave: got your e-mail.

For some reason, we don't seem to get the e-mails sent through the RC Tech system all that frequently. That's why I ask people to contact me directly through this e-mail address: [email protected]. It's checked several times daily and we respond immediately.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

We are officially and totally sold out of Red Dot Slash motors until the next production run. To inquire about future orders, best to send me an e-mail at [email protected]

Thanks to all!
Old 01-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
Legal to the letter of the rule book, but certainly not the spirit.
I couldn't agree more. A fine way to absolutely ruin the class.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamstrc
But if I'm pulling up for a big race to race the Slash class, you can bet I'll have a red-dot in my truck, but that's just me (I need all the help I can get... )

Steve
Some people have no conscious.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

honestly, if you think slash spec was fair using the titan, I got a bridge to sell ya
Old 01-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by MURDEREDOUT
It's funny how you've been screaming for 4 pages about how this is cheating but the moment that doc's willing to give you a free tip that you can't figure out you want to know how you can cheat. he's saying use it to lube your bearings with cuz thats what he found to work. another thing i use to race in this class every week and now i just do it here and there when my other class doesn't have enough people or i just want to have sum fun. i find that the people that bitch the most about cheating are the ones that have the worst driving skills and can't beleive that just pure driving skills is what wins races in the class and thats it. i have personally seen one of the best slash racers at our track take his new slash that was purchased that day at the track shop and win the amain. 35 wt shock oil, unscuffed tires, banana plugs on the motor, completley box stock. he's the best advise i can give anyone in stock slash. Practice thats the secret, go to practice nite learn the best lines and suspension tricks. the point is the best motor secret, hottest packs, or tire tips won't help if your over shooting jumps, spining out in turns, and doing 50/50 grins down the tubes of the back straight.
says the guy with 25 posts....
Old 01-27-2010, 01:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darksharkman
Right on MURDEREDOUT, I am still learning but I have already had my "It's not the motor, it's the driver" experiences =) Put a bigger motor in my T4, ran slower laps, go figure? I couldn't control the darn thing.

And to Doc, thanks for offering a really cool service like this. I have only seen the tip of the iceberg on things one can do to to improve brushed motor performance without having access to the can. Though I would love to be able to learn all of the tricks, I just don't have the time or the know-how. This is great for someone like me who runs the stock class with other seasoned racers who all know how to squeeze as much out of their motors as possible. I have been through 3 Titans and they have all run differently from the packaging. It would be nice to depend on consistent performance.

I do everything I can to make my truck faster, within the rules... from figuring out which shock oils to use, to toe-in and camber settings, to weight and ride height... motor is just another thing on that list. It seems to me that if you aren't doing these things to go faster then you don't care and aren't trying. Sorry if that comes off harsh.
Translation of this post="I'm in denial about cheating".
Old 01-27-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Richards
+100....sorry this is just wrong
Old 01-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

So again, it's ok if you know the secrets, but it's not ok to pay someone to do them for you?

You want fair? Every drops their motor in a box then it's a blind draw.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Some people have no conscious.
I think if you're going to quote someone and provide a response to it, please, to be fair, quote the whole post.

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.