Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EZRun Vs Mamba Max Pro

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 01:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

For many 10th scale vehicles a 380 size is plenty, but at some point a small rotor just cant move a larger vehicle efficiently. Same reason we dont use a 540 size in 1/8th scale.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Default do u intend buy other one?

u said: "I have a 60Amp EZRun with the 8.5T motor, I've had it in my Slash for 5 months, and in my XXX-4 G+ that I now race for the past 3 months and haven't had a single problem with it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one if I didn't get such a big discount from Team Tekin (I'm in the military)"

so, can u tell me u can buy a motor with how price?
brgs,
Old 12-04-2009, 01:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have invested peanuts for a 35A/9T combos with program cards for my two cars, an on-road and another off-road. They have not given my any problems at all, with ZERO maintenance.

As you should know by now, Hobbywing is from the same OEM as other big brands.

I just gotten a SC10, and I have ordered a brushless combo from another brand. you should take a look. 100A ESC and a 5200kv motor plus a programming card for $119.80 before shipping. Sounds like a good deal to me.

HTML Code:
http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10330&Product_Name=Brushless_Car_Power_System_5200Kv/100A
Old 12-04-2009, 06:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

Just to give you an idea i have a TOP Photon, Tamiya TA05 and Tamiya DB01.

2 years ago, as my first brushless system, i bought a Mamba Max 4600kv and it was like: WOW! 6 months later i wanted more power and bought the Mamba Max 5700kv and that was really fast!

1 year ago people in my group started to buy ezruns, and they had only good reviews about them. So i decided to give them a try and bought the 60A esc + 5.5T (6000kv) and 8.5T (4000kv) motors.

Now i sold all of my Mamba Max and i'm using only ezruns:
- run cooler
- no cogging
- more linear progression, with the mambas i had i weird feeling of "dead zone" in the power band
- esc is smaller
- lot of torque, you can gear them as high as you want
- the program card is fantastic! (i don't realy want to carry with me a pc to program the esc and using the radio to do so is a nightmare)
- half the price

I would buy another EZRun anytime over a Mamba Max.

Mattia.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

i have heard good things about ez runs i actually have a few friends running them with no problems and great things to say about them but id still go with mamba due to there great customer support as i dont know how ez runs is and the neu designed motor also is bulletproof. Id say try and ez run esc and neu motor , that would prob be a great combo... As for tuning its a little easier with exrun due to the programming card you can take anywhere with you and the mamba you have to connect to a computer...
Old 12-04-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Exclamation

Honestly, as far as bang for your buck goes... and eZrun combo is awesome!!!! I run a 9T/35A combo in my DF03ra and a 5.5T/60A combo in my TA03F and have had no problems with reliability. I've had the 9T combo for ages and now in it's 2nd chassis. So why would you bother wasting $$ on a Mamba combo(there's a $120 difference in price in Australia)?? More money to spend on more Hop Ups I say!!
Old 12-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Wow! You guys have convinced me. EZRun it is!
Old 04-16-2010, 12:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

not posted on here in a while but have been following threads such as this one here is my contribution for what its worth i have run castle creations 1/10 and 1/8 scale esc also have run hobbywings new xerun systems 1/10 and 1/8 only ever had one of the 60amp ezrun esc and could not fault it . castle have good support but to be honest are over priced and over rated , i have seen threads where all castle products do is go up in smoke i know they may be lots of reasons for this user error or just the fact they sell more i dont know but all i can say is i never had a hobbywing product fail on me and find there price very reasonable not to mention the fact that the new xerun esc from 1/10 to 1/8 scale can run sensored motors , thanks
Old 04-16-2010, 01:02 AM
Tech Master

mamba has the field program card now also
so great trackside programming.

edit:

I have the
ezrun 60A esc with 8.5T
ezrun 60A esc with 5.5T
MMP + novak HV 4.5

Ezrun is great. but it does not feel as responsive as the MMP. Ezrun is great fun for some bashing. the MMP is more competitive when it comes to racing
Old 04-16-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by murky123
mamba has the field program card now also
so great trackside programming.

edit:

I have the
ezrun 60A esc with 8.5T
ezrun 60A esc with 5.5T
MMP + novak HV 4.5

Ezrun is great. but it does not feel as responsive as the MMP. Ezrun is great fun for some bashing. the MMP is more competitive when it comes to racing
its true castle now have the track side card but hobbywing has had these cards since they came on the market a good while back not used the ezrun high amp systems only the xerun 80 and 150 amp esc and much smoother than castles mmm and more reliable imo not to mention the xerun 1/8 scale esc can run sensored motors castles mmm can not only there 1/10 scale esc that has just come on the market ,, castle are way behind hobbywing in every aspect . imo
Old 04-16-2010, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

To me its not a fair compairson, you shouldnt compare MMP to Ezrun. You should compare it to the Xerun system being as though they both would be sensored system, instead of a sensored to sensorless system. Me I like the Xerun 120a v2 combos they are awesome.

If Hobbywing had a more customer service here in the USA they would be at the top of most peoples list
Old 04-16-2010, 05:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by koopesv
To me its not a fair compairson, you shouldnt compare MMP to Ezrun. You should compare it to the Xerun system being as though they both would be sensored system, instead of a sensored to sensorless system. Me I like the Xerun 120a v2 combos they are awesome.

If Hobbywing had a more customer service here in the USA they would be at the top of most peoples list
would have to agree 100% on everything you say it is the customer support that does let them down at present i only know of one site in the U.S.A that can and does support these systems and that is kershaw desighns http://204.186.93.64/BrushlessESCs.htm