Community
Wiki Posts
Search

custom RC car build?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 01:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the input guys

I think im going to do what jmcvicker said, and start with a roller.

Since i got a pretty much NEW Duratrax warhead that i got about a week after the first warheads came out. Think i put 3 tank through it before i gave up on it and it's been in my closet since.

I've only seen 2 converted into brushless. so it should give me so sort of challenge.

There's only a few thing i need to get and do

i need a Motor and ESC, a LiPo ( or 2 ), and a place to mount them. 1 on each side i think

need to make a mounting bracket for the motor thats some what adjustable. so i can line up the mesh (Hardest thing to do i think)

A spot for the ESC and mounting plate.

and if i can use the stock Tx/Rx with W/E ESC i get

There's a guy on RCcrawler.com that converted 1. it's not super fast, but fast enough for me. i just started chatting with him to see how he did it

here's a video of it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9EhZPBSfks
Old 04-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Rookie

I dont want to buy a car. I want to buy all the parts and put them together myself. Can anyone give me a full list of what I will need.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Help Please

Okay so i am building a rc car and i dont have enough money because my parents wont give me any and i need you to help by hopefully telling me where i can get them for free or get them from you i need

Cox Wing Set Sky Cruiser EP Glider

Exceed RC 6-Ch 2.4Ghz Transmitter w/ Receiver (Full Version) for RC Helicopters & Airplanes

GENS ACE Mars Brushless Motor Mars-BL2730-3860KV w/20A ESC Combo for RC Airplanes

APC 9x6 4-Blade Propeller

Associated Rear Mounted Truck Wheel White GT2 (2)

Traxxas Rear Ultra Shocks T-Maxx (2)

Heli-Max LiPo 1S 3.7V 250mAh 1SQ Quadcopter (4)

Flyzone Motor Mount Focke Wulf FW-190 Select Scale

HPI Racing Venom T-10 Clear Body 200mm

W.S. Deans Female Ultra Plug (4)

W.S. Deans Male Ultra Plug (4)

Thanx
Old 03-28-2013, 06:50 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by banditkid
Okay so i am building a rc car and i dont have enough money because my parents wont give me any and i need you to help by hopefully telling me where i can get them for free or get them from you i need

Cox Wing Set Sky Cruiser EP Glider

Exceed RC 6-Ch 2.4Ghz Transmitter w/ Receiver (Full Version) for RC Helicopters & Airplanes

GENS ACE Mars Brushless Motor Mars-BL2730-3860KV w/20A ESC Combo for RC Airplanes

APC 9x6 4-Blade Propeller

Associated Rear Mounted Truck Wheel White GT2 (2)

Traxxas Rear Ultra Shocks T-Maxx (2)

Heli-Max LiPo 1S 3.7V 250mAh 1SQ Quadcopter (4)

Flyzone Motor Mount Focke Wulf FW-190 Select Scale

HPI Racing Venom T-10 Clear Body 200mm

W.S. Deans Female Ultra Plug (4)

W.S. Deans Male Ultra Plug (4)

Thanx
What are you trying to do? No offense, but it seems as though you have no clue what is going on. First off, stuff costs money. That is the way the world works. Ask your parents about world economics. Second, most of the parts you have listed are for r/c airplanes. What you need to do is find a vehicle you like (I suggest amainhobbies.com), figure out how much it is going to cost, and then see if you can work out a deal with your parents. My dad always said he would match however much I could save up. Work with your parents instead of against them, and your life will be much easier.

All that said, you should stick to the rookie section here.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Custom RC Design

I am just starting a custom build. If you want to follow my progress check out my blog. You can google project xfire rc which will hopefully send you to my page. I also do posts on other engineering and 3D modeling topics.

I think that even one really well documented custom RC project could go a long way towards getting others started. It will also help those just tire kicking to see exactly what level of commitment they would need to get the results they want.

I could also use some tips so if anyone has some impulsive responses to a 4 motor 4 esc rc car... let me know!
Old 01-04-2017, 09:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by steventaitinger
I am just starting a custom build. If you want to follow my progress check out my blog. You can google project xfire rc which will hopefully send you to my page. I also do posts on other engineering and 3D modeling topics.

I think that even one really well documented custom RC project could go a long way towards getting others started. It will also help those just tire kicking to see exactly what level of commitment they would need to get the results they want.

I could also use some tips so if anyone has some impulsive responses to a 4 motor 4 esc rc car... let me know!
Just a quick reply as I have made a 6wd 3 motor 3 esc mad max inspired truck made of 2nd hand parts with 12v led lights and a lot more custom work. if you have questions please ask. Cheers from skull[IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-04-2017, 09:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Default With a supercharger!

Originally Posted by Skullyzcustomrc
Just a quick reply as I have made a 6wd 3 motor 3 esc mad max inspired truck made of 2nd hand parts with 12v led lights and a lot more custom work. if you have questions please ask. Cheers from skull[IMG][IMG][/IMG]