Wiki Posts
Search

slash racing makeover

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 06:29 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

It depends on the rules your track uses. Are track has a Spec Class and a Pro Spec class. Both classes are the same except the better drivers run the Pro class.

Rules are any SCT truck (Slash, Blitz, Strike or SC10). Must run stock electronics, tires and servos that come with your brand of truck. Can only change stuff that comes in your truck like oil, gearing, camber, and so on. Trucks are pretty much stock. Can change receiver and use your own radio.

In this racing format at are track the Slash has no problems keeping up with the other three brands. Slash has been TQ every week since we opened are indoor season. The Blitz ended up winning the first week when me and another Slash driver kinda go together and my buddy went by in his Blitz and this weekend I TQ'ed with my Slash and ran the Losi Strike for the last 2 heats and the main. My Slash still ran the TQ run though.

We have found in this Spec format it is whoever wheels their truck best is the winner. WHile the Slash is the heaviest it has the best traction and excellent steering. It is almost as fast as far as topened to the other trucks. The SC10 has the most speed overall but the tires are lacking on are track so it is actually one of the worst trucks to run. The Losi Strike is fast but like the SC10 the stock tires suck unless traction is high so it also suffers. The BLitz is fast and better traction that the other two and runs with the Slash very well and are pretty much equal but the tires make a tad less traction than the Slash and the speedo with no reverse lockout makes it for many a little tougher to drive and brake hard, especially for new guys taht might tap the brakes a few times and get it to accidently kick into reverse.

Overall in are Spec class it is all about who wheels the best that day. We have 6 guys that can win at anytime. 3 Slash and 3 Blitz with nearly identical laptimes. SOmetimes I pilot the Strike and can keep up so if you really can wheel add the Strike into the mix as it has the best overall high speed steering.