Community
Wiki Posts
Search

associated b44 vs kyosho laser zx5

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 06:32 AM
Tech Adept

Default associated b44 vs kyosho laser zx5

i am buying one of these two cars and i dont know which to buy and my objective is to have as much control of the pitch in the air as possible

my electronics will be: tekin rs pro,redline 5.5 brushless motor, new jr servo,dx3r with dsm2 reciver and smc 4900 mah saddle pack 25c 7.4v lipo
Old 11-15-2009, 06:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Either one will be fast. So the only factor would be cost and parts availability. I can virtually pick up any part on the B44 at the counter and we can get any thing we want on the kyosho so at our track they both are pretty strong rivals. I'm pretty dedicated to the B44 but the Kyosho is pretty smooth and fast.
The one thing I like on the B44 is the electronics fit better. My LRP fits even with the fan on top. The Kyosho lid looks like it is to low?

Good luck.
I'm enjoying 4x4 this year. In 4x4 there are more lines and the kit just responds so much better. I feel like I am a better driver in 4x4.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Adept

I've been debating on a 4wd 1/10 buggy also. I think I am going with the B44, just because I love the layout. 1/10 buggy racing is becoming more popular in my area again please save me from the 1/8 hack fest every week
Old 11-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

I have owned both and liked the ZX5 slightly better...it was more stable on the outdoor track I ran on.I would pick up whatever on has better support at your track.They are both fast and drive well though.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 92 vert
I have owned both and liked the ZX5 slightly better...it was more stable on the outdoor track I ran on.I would pick up whatever on has better support at your track.They are both fast and drive well though.
More stable because the motor being more forward? How was the kit instructions? I've always liked the AE instructions
Old 11-15-2009, 10:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The motor is in the rear on the lazer, and in the middle facing forward in the B44.

B44 manual is standard AE. Kyosho is a little hard to understand on text, but the illustrations make it just fine.

I have driven the lazer, and just got a B44 that I have not even gotten a chance to run yet. The lazer is a nice car, but the B44's I have driven are better in the air at my track then the lazers.

Parts wise, B44 is much easier to get parts for just about everywhere. Kyosho's parts are also very expensive for the most part.

Nick
Old 11-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Best answer would be to get what ever has readily available parts closest to you. My LHS carries VERY little Kyosha stuff at all...rims thats about it so it's a no brainer for the guys to run the b44's. I preferably like the b44's better but thats just my opinion. But i would keep in mind that whatever you get at some point no matter how great you are will break. And i don't know anyone who likes sitting waiting for a $1.99 part... Just keep it in mind....