Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the rustler stays and the wheelie king goes
Old 10-31-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by penguineman
I've seen first hand what is being said about the rustler we had a guy who just wouldn't listen to us that was trying to race one years ago. he dumped $$$ after $$$ for about a year into this thing and finally he listened & bought a T4 and what do you know after he learned to drive a T4 he stated placing 2nd or 3rd finally he started winning. in the end he said he wish he would have listened & just bought a T4 from the beginning. & there is a couple guys now trying the same thing at our track we've been telling them to get a losi or T 4 or kyosho but there dead struck on the rustlers. heck look around for a used one if nothing else & just slowly rebuild it if needed or convert to brushless & lipos. you don't have to try & do it all at once thats the nice thing. heck theres been some really nice ones on here for sale really reasonable.
Wow, maybe that is a good idea. I could get a factory team one for 179 from stormer hobbies (im talking about a t4) pop the traxxas radio gear in the truck so i dont go broke, and pop in a new esc and motor. I dont even have to get a new t4. From there, i sell the rusty as a roller, make 50 bucks, there is my new batteries right there. Maybe even sell the mini lst, make another 70 bucks if im really lucky on that piece of crap, esc and motor, partway there. Any motor/esc (brushed) sugestions for a t4 that wont kill the wallet, same with batteries? i wont mind running a traxxas rx/tx and servo for now. Christmas is coming soon to.