Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 2wd buggies

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

No I don't think traxxas really has any desire to be in racing. They tried it a couple times and I don't think they feel there is a benefit to sponsoring races and all that. They have done a great job in defining new markets and they really do sell a LOT of kits. The Tmaxx was one of the best if not the best ever sold kits. The slashes speak for them selves. Those things flew off the shevles. Traxxas is a great company for building non racing kits. (slash may be an exception but I don't think traxxas intended the slash to catch on in the racing scene like it did).

If you are looking for a 2wd buggy though I would stick with the big three in racing. MRC with the GV2 was a good try but they had some really bad parts quality control issues early on and I don't see good parts support for it. If you want to go with the X factory guys it is not a bad option but you need a B4 donor kit to make the car which can make that kit very expensive although finding a good deal on a used B4 should not be all that hard.

Do you want to follow the crowd or do you like to be on your won and beat to your own drum?
Old 10-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Funny thing is, its by choice from what I can tell. Traxxas has it in them to build a quality race vehicle.
I agree. my slash is a decent racer. I have seen guys winning with bandits but more often than not its an AE or losi car taking the win.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Cyber, there is an adaptor you can get to run Assoc. style wheels on the rear of the Kyosho. Fronts will have to be Kyo though.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:41 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

+1 on academy. 1st few front bulkheads will teach you.

i dont understand the whole wanna be different deal. just buy the car u like go out and run with your buddies just the same. i've heard it all before. i lost b/c i run this type of car, oh he won b/c he has that car, i cant go any faster with this car blah blah blah.

being different is for those who dont mind carryin an entire spare car or more around, acceptin that the shop doesnt have parts etc, need an excuse to spend $, and perhaps have some deep insecurities ha

R
Old 10-29-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
+1 on academy. 1st few front bulkheads will teach you.

i dont understand the whole wanna be different deal. just buy the car u like go out and run with your buddies just the same. i've heard it all before. i lost b/c i run this type of car, oh he won b/c he has that car, i cant go any faster with this car blah blah blah.

being different is for those who dont mind carryin an entire spare car or more around, acceptin that the shop doesnt have parts etc, need an excuse to spend $, and perhaps have some deep insecurities ha

R
I turn a lot faster lap times with my X60 then I did with my T4
Old 10-29-2009, 12:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cyberfish
For you guys that have switched recently. Does the Kyosho use, or can it be made to use the same rear wheels as the B4/XXX cars? Or does it require the Kyosho rear wheels?

Thanks
Yeah, its called a pro line conversion kit, but its only for the rear wheels..they run like $20+ or so--if you get a Kyosho lmk I'll sell you a nip kit for half price..

Last edited by flame56mx; 10-29-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Funny thing is, its by choice from what I can tell. Traxxas has it in them to build a quality race vehicle.
They better have it in them as they used to be in the racing scene .
Old 11-01-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JMYBFFT
I am thinking of getting into buggies. Who are the main players I should consider in the 1/10 scale 2wd? Pros and cons of suggestions would also be of great help. Thanks all.
Without a doubt..... Losi XXX-CR.... This buggy is DEADLY and wants to race. Plus the B4's just look stupid. I have a set-up that will make it just dominate!!! LMK.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

do share.. I have a lot of friends that cant get theirs to turn, it looks like they dont even have front tires on em
Old 11-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xBRxSAIGON
Without a doubt..... Losi XXX-CR.... This buggy is DEADLY and wants to race. Plus the B4's just look stupid.
unfortunately , looks don`t win the race .

Originally Posted by xBRxSAIGON
I have a set-up that will make it just dominate!!! LMK.
Please share , I always had a off power steering issue with my old one and just picked up another .
Old 11-02-2009, 06:03 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
They better have it in them as they used to be in the racing scene .
yeah I know, thats why I say they have it in them.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

XXX CR BUGGY......
Old 11-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx
do share.. I have a lot of friends that cant get theirs to turn, it looks like they dont even have front tires on em
yes, do share ! especially if it involves 'more steering'

a friend of mine who drives an RB5 had a drive of my xxx-cr. He runs at 10.5 and I run a 7.5.. he couldn't believe how early you can get on the gas with the losi compared to the RB5, but he also said "would be a total weapon and the car to own.. if it had some more steer"

drove his RB5. steering is crazy in comparison, but even with a 10.5 in it when I'm used to a 7.5 in my losi, I was spinning out every corner exit
Old 11-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Dob
Tech Addict

I love my Academy stuff. So I say Mrc Academy GV2 for "something different". Asc and Losi are what most run at my track, as I'm the only academy guy. I too just got into racing this summer running mod buggy and did pretty well for my 1st season. I broke one part on the buggy all season, and trust me I put it through its paces. I finished every single race I started with it, while the faster guys would break on their occasional fluke crashes. I have spare bulkheads, arms, and towers galore that may never see action at this rate. Tough little car !