Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Basement Tracks

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Default Basement Tracks

Now that winter is approaching in the Northern hemisphere and temperatures are dropping to 0c/32f in a few months, I've started building a test track in my basement. Not out of dirt, but carpet mostly with some jumps and straights. It doesn't loop around and connect back to itself yet, but I'm thinking of doing that shortly.

Has anyone ever made a good basement track to satisfy their cravings for the winter? If so, post some pics if you have them.

Thanks,

seg
Old 10-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Heres a pic of our mini-z track converted to run micro-t's on.BIG fun for such little trucks. And also pics of our current mini-z layout
The track measures 12'x18' with 30" lanes. It is semi permanant. The surface itself is a sheet of 45mil rolled roofing rubber with garden hose as lane barriers. LOTS of bite, just swiffer it before running.
Attached Thumbnails Basement Tracks-100_1351.jpg   Basement Tracks-100_1352.jpg  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
micro-t track.bmp (59.1 KB, 420 views)

Last edited by 2wdMod; 10-06-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

theres a video some where in the minis forum, probly have to dig for miles. Of an awsome looking track that was basicly like a skate park for minis. Alot of the turns were banked jumps & ect. It was very technical, but it flowed sooo well & looked like so much fun to drive on. The stuff is small so you can do crazy stuff w/out much work.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

nice lil track 2wd mod.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New basement rally track

It took two weeks, lots of Free Lumber pieces, old carpet, paint, screws and staples and now I have my own rally race track in the basement. My wife says that I have Peter pan syndrome and I should grow up but a hobby is a hobby. I'm satisfied with the results, look like a real race track and it's made for 1:24 scale trucks and cars. The only probleme I had upon completion was that the racing surface was too grippy so I greased it with baby powder and now we can come drifting out of the corners. It's great! I'm trying to post a picture but I can't , will try again.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Wow. A 3 year old, 4 post thread revival lol. On topic I wish my basement was large enough to have a little short course track.